What is the difference........

IMFOCSD

Between dusting and trimming?

I hear people say that they dust their ends so they won't have to trim. I always thought dusting was another word for trimming. If they are different which one is more beneficial? What are you doing differently when you trim or dust your ends?

Thanks ;)

IMFOCSD

wheezy807 said:
bumpin 4 ya, sorry i don't know the difference myself. Did u try a search?

:scratchch Hughm, why did'nt I think of that. I will do a search but in the mean time if anyone can tell me anything I will be more than happy.:)

Dearlove

Dusting is when you cut just the slightest bit of hair, like dust falling to the floor. Trimming takes off more hair. HTH.

IMFOCSD

Dearlove said:
Dusting is when you cut just the slightest bit of hair, like dust falling to the floor. Trimming takes off more hair. HTH.

Thanks Dearlove;)

So dusting is only cutting a tiny bit? like what...a quarter of a inch or something like that, also when trimming just how much of your ends are you cutting? I tried to do a search but I really did not find the answers I was looking for. Since keeping your ends healthy is so important I just wanted a lil more info.:yep:

GoldenBreeze

sweetcoco said:
Between dusting and trimming?

I hear people say that they dust their ends so they won't have to trim. I always thought dusting was another word for trimming. If they are different which one is more beneficial? What are you doing differently when you trim or dust your ends?

Thanks ;)

If I remember correctly, from reading another posts, dusting is 1/4" or less, trimming is more than 1/4" to 1", and a cut is more than 1".

snoopy1me

I agree with what has been said...dusting is cutting less hair than when trimming. I think with dusting, you also only cut a tiny amt where most needed.

Kari107

I agree as well. Dusting is more of a prevention technique so that cuts or trims are not as necessary.