naturals, dusting your ends?????

rere32

after going through a number of threads, i realize there is a difference between trimming and dusting your ends. So, for those who are natural, how do you dust your ends? I need a tutorial 101 on dusting natural hair

Hair2Here

Sorry, I'm a natural and my goal is to perserve my ends through moisturizers and the baggy method so as to prevent the need to trim, dust and or cut. Since September, 09, I haven't done either and hope I can avoid this for a total of 18 months or more. My hair is mine!

BostonMaria

About once a year I straighten my hair and dust my ends. Every 6-8 weeks I straighten my hair, search through every section and cut any split ends I see. This is very time consuming, but will help you retain length if done correctly.

1god1

I dust the back as needed and search and destroy for the front...or the hair I can actually see. I also twist and cut/dust.

SweetSpirit86

I've been going on search and destroys...time consuming, but I've seen a dramatic improvement on my ends from just a couple weeks of doing this.

Nonie

I wear my hair in twists or braids. I'm in braid extensions now which I redo one at a time. After I undo a braid to redo, I just stretch the end and feel with my fingers then snip off the end. If wearing twists, I just put them all in a pony tail and then pulling one at a time I snip off the end and so on till all are done.