What is it About Cream of Nature Shampoo?

bajanplums1

I don't understand it. I have tried sooo many shampoos: botanoil, therappe, diamertress, aubrey organics, finesse, aveda. The list goes on and on

But none of these shampoos make my hair feel as good as a $2.99 bottle of Cream of Nature. What is it???

What is it about this formula??? At this point, I will never use another shampoo but Cream of Nature and a Clarifying poo.

I've been wanting to try this shampoo but I'm not sure which bottle to get (which colors, lol) and also I'm not sure if I want to wash my hair w. a shampoo that contains Sodium Hydroxide. I know all of them do not have that as an ingredient...but I think that's one that is recommended here. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I've been wanting to try this shampoo but I'm not sure which bottle to get (which colors, lol) and also I'm not sure if I want to wash my hair w. a shampoo that contains Sodium Hydroxide. I know all of them do not have that as an ingredient...but I think that's one that is recommended here. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I have used the Blue label which is for fine hair and now I am using the Green label with is the Ultra Moisturizing Formula. The Red Label is for Normal hair. The green one does contain sodium hydorxide, but it is at the end of the ingredient list.

But again, the way my hair feels and looks because of CON, I can't quit it.

I used to love Cream of Nature shampoo too, but someone told me that it strips your hair so I stopped using it. It was "cleaning" my hair so well that it was actually striping it so I discontinued use.

[ QUOTE ]
SODIUM HYDROXIDE IS IN ALOT OF SKIN CARE PRODUCTS AS WELL. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

who cares...y does someone always mention sodium hydroxide in products? what's it gonna do? nothing! its just an ingredient.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SODIUM HYDROXIDE IS IN ALOT OF SKIN CARE PRODUCTS AS WELL. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

who cares...y does someone always mention sodium hydroxide in products? what's it gonna do? nothing! its just an ingredient.

[/ QUOTE ]
Apparently, some people do care. If you don't care, then you don't have to respond. It's just that simple.

Carlie, I don't think Poohbear meant any harm. She would just like to see proof that this ingredient inhibits hair health, growth, and vitality, before writing it off as a harsh detergent.

Anyhoo, I liked how CoN poo worked on my hair! It cleaned out all the dirt near my scalp wonderfully, but it didn't add any shine, bounce, or detangling.

It's a fabulous product, but there are other shampoos that roll 4 jobs into 1. CoN poo does one job (cleans hair gently), but does it well.

sodium hydroxide

From Columbia Encyclopedia: Sodium Hydroxide
chemical compound, NaOH, a white crystalline substance that readily absorbs carbon dioxide and moisture from the air. It is very soluble in water, alcohol, and glycerin.

I've use CON for over 15 years. Now I use other shampoos sometimes but I still use CON because I haven't found any other shampoo that makes my hair feel as good as CON.

Sodium Hydroxide is Lye.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, now ALL of the Cream of Nature Formulas have sodium hydroxide. This wasn't the case as of a few months ago. I also use CON Ultra Moisturizing formula. I have an old bottle and it doesn't have sodium hydroxide in the ingredients.

[ QUOTE ]
So does the lye slightly straighten the hair? Is this why CON makes hair so manageable?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm. I was wondering the same thing. I love CON when I dont have time to deep cond or when I am traveling I carry a little with me in case I do have to wash my hair. But my staple poo is Kerastase. In their oleo-relax anti frizz poo sodium hydroxide is number 13 of 20 ingredients.

HUButterfly /images/graemlins/fan.gif

I use CON in the cream bottle with the green writing for extremely dry hair. Yea I used it once only and I loved it..it definetely is a shampoo/conditioner/detangler in 1 for me.

-faye

Back