What Is "Healthy Hair" Really....?

BeautifulFlower

3b, 3c, 4a,4b, relaxed, natural, and everything in between. All has its ups and downs. All can be very short or very long. All experience sheddding, breakage, split ends, and protein/moisture unbalance.

SO WHAT IS A HEALTHY HEAD OF HAIR? HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN YOU HAVE HEALTHY HAIR?:ohwell:

silverlotus

I would say healthy hair has a natural sheen/shine & minimal (if any) breakage. It is also strong & moisturized. :yep:

hothair

For me, hair that does not give me any problems :lol: so when I took out my weave today and re-did I was in hair heaven, I didn't know my hair could be this soft and moisturised:grin: while dry

silverlotus

You have beautiful hair. Do you shed alot or minimally? How often do you perm?

Thanks for the compliment! I shed an average amount, I guess. Right now I've noticed it increasing, probably b/c of the season. Shedding is natural, so don't worry about it too much unless your hair is thinning or coming out in clumps. It's breakage you have to look out for.

I try stretch my relaxers every 12-13 weeks. HTH.

Str8~Curly

To each her own but for me it’s not having ends that look chewed up, and hair that is strong, moist, lustrous, not brittle, and bouncy.

BeautifulFlower

Thank you. I'll keep it in mind.

Thanks for the compliment! I shed an average amount, I guess. Right now I've noticed it increasing, probably b/c of the season. Shedding is natural, so don't worry about it too much unless your hair is thinning or coming out in clumps. It's breakage you have to look out for.

I try stretch my relaxers every 12-13 weeks. HTH.