What if your henna does not have an expiration date?

I bought two boxes of Jamila henna from an indian store in manhattan and it did not have the expiration date. Is it ok to use?

I went to another indian store in the bronx and their henna did not have and expiration date either.

Thnks

cutiebe2

I would do a test.

I used older henna (Jamila) and the only thing that happened was the henna was not that strong so it didn't really dye my hair.

I got Jamila henna from the store on 28th/6 ave and even though it didn't have a date on it it seemed new...it worked well

Ballerina_Bun

Try to find the date when it was manufactured. Then count 3 years form that date. Usually most products like that from India expire 3 years from that date, so they claim on some packages. If you can’t find that date, I don’t know what to tell you.

Thanks ladies for responding. I think I got mine from the store on 28th as well, it was called Kalustyan's.

If the date only effects the color, i am perfectly fine with that. Im not too intrested in the coloring. I just do not want my hair to fall out.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Thanks ladies for responding. I think I got mine from the store on 28th as well, it was called Kalustyan's.

If the date only effects the color, i am perfectly fine with that. Im not too intrested in the coloring. I just do not want my hair to fall out.

I thought Henna powder can at least for one year (maybe longer). You should store it in the Freezer. That's where I keep Mine. I have not kept any Henna after I've mixed it, but I hear you can also store and reuse that as long as it's not mixed with Indigo:yep:.