What else do I need Besides the Affirm Relaxer?

Tene

I want to by the Affirm relaxer for my hairdresser to use and I was wondering what else do I need to buy along with it. I see there's the positive link conditioner, the 5 in 1, the protecto, the gentle assurance, and the shampoo. I know you need the shampoo, but do I need all that other stuff. The relaxer is expensive by itself, let alone all the other stuff.

AnjelLuvs

I found that there is a four step process.
1. Protectant goes in before the perm, But I dont think it is an absolute necceasity
2.Affirm Lye Relaxer
3.5n1 Conditioner
4.Shampoo

I dont know what the Protecto is used for nor the assurance, maybe one of the people who use it can tell ya!

Tai

The Gentle assurance is a base protectant for the scalp, recommened if your scalp is sensitive. Preservo and Protecto are for the hair that's been previously relaxed. I think Preservo is for no lye and Protecto is for lye but it could be the other way around. I think the Positive Link is just another conditioner. The www.avlon.com site tells what product does what.

AnjelLuvs

Thanks Tai, I was just about to post the link for the site, but u beat me to it, lol.

I need to know this info too, so when I go to the BSS, I will know what ll to get, to cut my cost down when I go to get a perm.

The beautician charged me 45 for affirm, if I would have brought my own stuff in, it would have cost 25. I didnt go out and get the Affirm, because it was my first time, and wanted to test it out, before buying that big ole thang. Darn did u ask for all that, sorry just couldnt stop typing, LOL

Tai

You can't get Affirm at the BSS. You can request it from your stylist or you can order it online at www.sheldeez.com. Other than that, I don't know how else you could get Affirm. It seems to be a hard to find, hard to come by product line.

foreverjoy

OH Ok.

I found this website (Sheldeez.com) that sells Affirm. I want to try a Lye relaxer and everyone seems to suggest Affirm. The website, has so many varieties of Affirm relaxer! I just want to try a mild lye relaxer, can you suggest which flavor of Affirm I should try?