What do you think of the following oils?

caress

Have you guys used any of these oils and if so what did you think of them?

Apricot Kernel Oil
Avocado Oil
Camellila Oil
Hemp Seed Oil
Rose Hip Seed Oil

adrienne0914

i've only used apricot kernel oil from that list. it's pretty comparable to sweet almond oil, if i remember correctly. it's been a while though.

yeah, i know that was no help!!

jamaraa

**Camellia Oil...similair to jojoba, but a bit lighter in both texture and fragrance. It lacks the very slight waxy feel that jojoba has (joboba IS a wax). Between the two, I prefer jojoba to use straight from the bottle, but camellia does impart a nice shine, esp when mixed w/ other oils. Both are good in skin care products too.

**Hemp Seed Oil....hemp is unlike anything i've used to date. It certainly adds softening and shine properties to oil mixtures, but it's a bit too expensive and has too much a "unique" smell to use straight from the bottle, IMHO. I can say it certainly improves any single oil or oil mixture that you like at present.

**Rose Hip Seed Oil....just got some, but haven't tried it yet. I'll keep you posted.

T

Tee

I love Avocado Oil! I mix it in conditioners to do deep treatments. I find that it penetrates well and really softens my hair without the oily residue that some oils leave behind.

caress

Hmmm... I didn't like sweet almond oil because though my hair didn't feel greasy, it was very greasy to the touch when I used it. How does it smell? How does each of these oils smell? I'm considering each one of these oils for my scalp and hair because my hair is in braids and I want to pamper my scalp so that it's in good shape. Thakns for your responses.

caress

By the way, I'm interested in these oils as well as Castor oil and Hazelnut oil because of a little research I did. Here's what I found out:
Apricot Kernel Oil is similar in weight to human sebum, is rich in protein, and is an emollient.

Avocado Oil has regenerative properties and is a hair stimulant.

Castor oil has hair conditioning and hair stimulant properties.

Hazelnut oil is stimulating for circulation and is soothing and healing.

Hemp seed oil rejuvenates the scalp, stimulates cell growth, and contains more naturally ocurring essential fatty acids than any other plant-derived oil.

Wheatgerm oil assists in healing scar tissue, promotes skin cell formation, and improves blood circulation

I also like Jojoba oil and have read that ut unclogs pores and lifts dirt from the scalp.

I feel like all these oils would be beneficial. I'm just having a hard time narrowing it down to a few.

Tracy

Caress

Girl, we can always count on you to have done the research...

I actually began using Avocado and Apricot Kernal Oil in a pre-wash treatment made up of 3.5 ozs. Olive Oil, .5 oz. Apricot Kernel Oil, 1 oz. Avocado Oil and a .5 oz or so of Kemi Oyl for fragrance (I need some Vanilla Scented Oil - anyone know where to get this? Hmmmm...)...and I'm loving the results. The mix is easy to wash from my hair and really restores elasticity. I hadn't moticed earlier this week but my hair more malleable this week than it was last....

The AK Oil is veerrrry light and the Avocado is nice and rich.

jamaraa

Caress...why narrow it down if you like them all? Why not just experiment w/ mixtures of these oils and the keep the proportions you like best as your individualized recipe?

Tracey...you can get vanilla fragrance oil online at www.fromnaturewithlove.com

I like their Tahitian Vanilla the best. Vanilla FO is easy and cheap to get online from many places, tho I've only gotten it FNWL (I don't recommend things/sources that *I* havent personally used.)

SherryLove

SuperGirl and Tee, thanks for the thumbs up on Avocado oil///////I am going to add it to my deep conditioner also.....

SherryLove

caress

Well I think I'm gonna go with Avocado, Jojoba, Hemp Seed, and Rose Hip Seed Oils. We'll see how that goes. I plan on oiling my scalp with various combinations of these. Haircare is my obsession... gotta do the research!