Oils That CAN Penetrate the Hair!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Okay, based on what I've read and learned thus far. There ARE oils that can be absorbed by the hair. I know we have said that oils are good for the hair, but they can't penetrate--they just sit on the hair. But...

Jojoba Oil, Avocado Oil, and Apricot Kernel Oil can be absorbed by the hair. Apparently, these oils have a molecular weight small enough that they can penetrate the hair shaft!

Aren't y'all excited??????????

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Avocado Oil! Yeah!
I''m not sure, but I think carrot seed oil is supposed to be able to penetrate the hair, too.

JenJen2721

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the information. I love avocado oil and jojoba oil.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto here!!! Thinking about that apricot kernal oil...
.....waiting patiently for Aug. 1st to arrive...

Karonica

So does anyone know if Hot 6 Oil can? I'd hate to think I was using that stuff for nothing, cuz I really like it.

TinyT

Well, for me the hot six oil seemed to penetrate with low heat for a about 30 minutes. Maybe that's cause the hair cuticle opens up with heat, and the oil is light enough to be absorbed when it does. I just finished my bottle and am trying the proclaim natural 7 oil with heat right now, to see how it works. It is thicker coming out of the bottle. I will report back.

Where is everyone buying their avacado oil?

Lindy

That's exciting cuz I bought a bottle of that real cheap avocado oil from that Elysian Isle website that Jade told us all about!! I'll definitely be using it more often now!!!

jellynote

My best freind in the states just told me yesterday that w/o a little heat the oils that I use won't penetrate. I told her that I air dry my hair an the only time I use heat is 30 mins when I deep condition so now that I know this info that she told me from her beautican wasn't wrong I'll sit under my dryer for about 15 mins. The oil I use is Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil and it works really good for me and it has all the oils that have been mentioned on this post.

African's Best Ultimate Oil looks very good. Would Kemi Oyl be better??? Anybody know what oils are in Kemi Oyl??

JazzAngel

Thanks SherryLove!

I really love using it these day. I have not put it on my scalp as yet but I love mixing it with my leave in conditoner.

pressncurl

Don't forget COCONUT OIL! It definitely penetrates and makes the hair ultra soft. I wouldn't use it alone though because I don't get any sheen from it. Mixing it with jojoba oil works well.

NYCchild

Thanks for the info.
i love jojoba, but oddly avocado oil made my hair hard. now im wondering is it best to put em on wet hair or dry hair (b4 i shampoo)? hmmm....

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks SherryLove!

I really love using it these day. I have not put it on my scalp as yet but I love mixing it with my leave in conditoner.

[/ QUOTE ]

i mix it in my hot oil and deep conditioning treatments. the heat from the hood dryer really helps the ingredients to penetrate the scalp and hair....

Kitkat

Thanks for the info, Supergirl. I knew about jojoba but not about avocado and apricot oils. ORS sells jojoba oil that I can't wait to try once my braids come out for good.

PrincessM

I have Jojoba Oil by ORS, but it's in solid form (grease) and I purchased it before I knew it was sold in plain oil form. The ingredient at the top of the list is parafin wax
so I haven't touched it (grease is just NOT for my hair, I've only been using oils since I found this forum and my hair LOVES it). Has anyone tried ORS Jojoba Oil?

G

You know what? I ordered that Curls hair line and I plan to use all 5 products this weekend. I'll let you ladies know how it goes.

In any event, I used their Avocado Oil today, and my hair is much silkier than it was before, so that's a start

Will keep you apprised. Maybe by Monday, I'll have a brand new head of hair.

I have been hoping to fine ONE line of hair products to use, instead of constantly using a bunch of different ones. I'm a consistent freak.

Wish me luck!

H

HairObsessed

So does that mean the olive oil is just sitting on top of my hair?? I wonder if this Miami heat is helping it to penetrate my hair.