What do you think about the death of an infant??? (Nothing depressing)

tatje

I was having a conversation with my coworker and we got on the topic of death and awaiting judgement. She asked me the question if a baby dies minutes to hours after death is the baby subject to judgement?

I told her yes, because the bible said in revelations that everyone is subject to judgement no exceptions.

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. (Rev 20:11-12)

She told me no because there is nothing that the baby is to be judged on and that the baby would go to heaven.

What do you think? I know we are not to set our minds on trivial things, yet I am curious to the different view points on this topic.

michc

God knows everyone - inside out. I can't imagine a baby who has barely lived being sent to hell. I can't imagine a two year old toddler who can't yet the grasp the concept of Salvation dying and being sent to hell.

BUT we know that God is a 'Just' God and His judgement is correct and righteous. So we can't be 100% sure of who goes where - but we can be sure that God knows what He's doing. :yep:

cutiebe2

I always thought infacts and children in general went to heaven

1. the have nothing to be judged on
2. when a child died that is a tragedy...that is an innocent soul which God obviously had bigger plans for that child (which probably didn't include going to hell)

tatje

I believe in everything you guys (I mean girls) have said. I just feel like that child is still subject to judgement. Like they don't get to skip the line. :look: He is a just God and everything always falls into place.

Caramela

I would think that both of you are right... that God will judge us all, but he would be just with a baby who is innocent and spare him.

MissLawyerLady

A baby has no conscious free-will so I believe they cannot consciously sin. Likewise, a small child/toddler can be disobediant but they do not have the same consciousness that adults do when they are being disobediant so again they cannot consciously sin. I believe the souls of babies, b/c they have no consciousness beyond their immediate needs, return to God. I believe an 8 year old child for example who has no reached the age of accountability also returns to God but unlike the baby they may have a consciousness of being in the presence of God.
These are just my thoughts, but there are scriptures out there. I'll search them out later and post.

The wonderful thing about God is that he is great and rewards us each according to our work. I want my works to be pleasing to God.

hair_wit_favor

I'm sure the baby would go to heaven, because he/she wasnt given an opportunity to make the choice to be saved. My God is loving and caring and wouldnt send an infant to hell knowing good and well that baby didnt have the chance to accept Jesus as his/her Savior.

chellero

Wife Supremacist
I've wondered about this too. I also wonder what happens to mentally retarded people who are unable to understand or accept Jesus as their savior. I was taught that the only to reach God is through Jesus and that if you aren't saved then you will go to Hell. I've never heard of an exception for children or disabled people.

kbragg

I've heard two different thought processes. One says that children will not be sent to hell because they have not reached the age of accountability yet (to know right from wrong - see Left Behind movies) to make the decision to follow Christ. However the Bible says the Children (and spouse) are sanctified by the believing parent.

1 Cor 7:14 For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

Even children are sinful by nature due to the original sin of Adam and as such are not Holy (and without Holiness, no man can see God Heb 12:14). The age of accountability was something that was in place prior to Jesus, who is the ONLY way. So no matter what, God is good, just and Holy in His judgements. Short answer, I don't know. I won't attempt to speak for God and say what He would or wouldn't do based on how I think it should be, that would be idolatry (fashioning a God after my own thought patterns that fits my way of thinking). His ways are above my ways and His thoughts above my thoughts. He is good.

sweetcashew

I thought everyone who dies before the age of accountability goes to heaven.

That's what I always thought too.

My mom told me about a Minister who claimed he went to heaven for a few hrs. He said that all infants, whether aborted, still born or died shortly after birth all went to heaven and became adults. They were no longer babies.

All I know is that when my son died minutes after he was born, there were two little Angles in my room the entire time. I'm sure there were there for him so I'd like to think he's in a good place.