What did you do with your hair after the BC? Any regrets??? (BC Support)

What did you do with your hair after the BC? Any Regrets?

• I rocked it!!! What you see is what you get!

Votes: 100 74.1%
  • I weaved/braided it!!! My BC is for my eyes only! lol.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I'd rather not think about it. I completely regret the day I did the BC!

Votes: 14 10.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Smiley79

What did you do with your hair after the BC? Any regrets??? (BC SUPPORT THREAD)

Maybe I'm just bored after the BC and that's why I'm starting this post. Nevertheless, I want to hear some of your big chop stories and what did you do with your hair style-wise to get through the change? I don't regret the chop (for the health of myhair), but I am a little bored already because my style options are limited, lol. Tell me about your experience...did you regret it, or was it worth it?

Last edited:

Nonie

I rocked it for a little over a month, then wore braids.

ET Answer the second part of your question: I was pissed initially because I was already natural and at shoulder length and happy with my hair so this BC was Scissor-Happy-Stylist induced and not welcome. But once I found out that S Curl was my ideal moisturizer and looked at the whole experience as a chance to learn about my hair and find out what products work for it, the journey became an adventure of self-discovery.

(Until then, I'd been in braids 24/7 with no products and no clue what my hair liked. After the BC, a dear friend sent me sample after sample to try out. Most were flops, but I nailed it with S Curl. What fun I had seeing my hair look so good with very little effort. I always felt so hawt in my puffs, but I'm lazy so after a month, I was tired of daily styling (braids do spoil you) so I went back into them. But it wasn't until I felt that I knew how to deal with my hair now and would not need any input from a stylist (Which was the reason I had gone to her in the first place), that I decided to braid.

One thing I will suggest is try not to make your hair look like someone else's but ignore all others and find out what brings out the best in your hair. It may not look like anyone else's but that uniqueness is what you'll fall in love with. There's nothing as empowering as being "set apart". And when you know what your hair can do, you will find it doesn't get boring, but rather it takes you on a-whole-nother adventure.

Last edited:

WakandanPrincess

hi there! as soon as i did my bc, which was back in december, i weaved it up immediately. i think that my head is toooooooo big to be rocking a twa. now that it has grown out some, the shrinkage is killing me so i am still opting to weave it up/ and or do wigs. my little cousin told me that my head is as big as my butt lol, so you can kinda see why i choose not to wear it out. now, in a year or so when i have that big fro, i will be rocking the naps!

BrownEyez22

I rocked it from July until Nov and then I got a sewin from Nov-Jan.

short bob sew in.JPG

Edit: I enjoyed my BC, I thought I looked cute. I needed a different look for a little while though so I put a sew-in and I was graduating from college/in my friends wedding as well. So the sew-in gave me the look I wanted for those occasions. Your hair changes lengths so fast & before you know it you will be able to do way more styles, so you may feel limited but it is only momentarily.

I didn't do too many styles to be honest, I kinda kept it simple, but some ladies here are very creative. Enjoy your BC!

Attachments

• bc july 08.JPG
    bc july 08.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 105
  • P7120502part2-vi.jpg
    P7120502part2-vi.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

E. Princess

Not regrets here, OP. After the BC I wore finger coils for a few months. Once I saw my hair was long enough for twists, it was twists/twist outs.

half.cadence

I wore it out for a while..or did ponytails. Then I just started alternating between wash n gos and twists, twist outs. Now Im doing more protective styling (buns, twists, braids..). Its been almost 2 months since my BC..and I had no regrets.

I didnt BC down to a twa though..I didnt have the *ahem* balls for that. Theres a thread with twa styles somewhere on here..lemme see if I can find it for you.

eta: try here, here

Last edited:

chebaby

i dont like fake hair so that wasnt and isnt an option for me. what you see is what you get. i big chopped my hair a month ago on this coming saturday and i have been rocking a wash and go everyday. i like seeing it grow and exspand and i get many compliments. my hair was almost bsl before i chopped and i actually like this short look better. i've never had hair shorter than 2inches below sl so it was very different for me. but i love it. i would never hide it.

Ms_Twana

I BCed after a 6 month transition. I wore a wig for like 2 days. I looked so weird to myself, so I figured I'd look weird to everyone else too. Then, 2 days later, I got the guts to rock my TWA with a headband. Everyone at work was like :eek:. But, they couldn't tell me nuttin!!! :lachen:I immediately started doing twist outs, with 6 months worth of hair. :lachen:I can't french braid or flat twist, so I rocked a headband up front with either a twist out in the back, or I just let my hair be.

Ms_Twana

In short:

I cried, flat ironed it , cried some more, washed it, and got to styling and understanding it.

OH MY GOODNESS...your twists make me wish I didn't relax. :wallbash:.........
.But then I think about my detangling sessions....and I'm over it!!! :lachen:

sweetmia22

i just did like a week ago and i couldn't stand it so i went a bought a wig. and the funny thing i haven't told my husband and i don't know if i will because he hates short hair but my hair was so uneven that i had to do it. i cut it myself i have to go to the salon to get it even though. its a lil choppy to me. this the second i BC ed . the first was about three years ago and i love the way my hair grew fast and natural and rock it for the summer and winter i did some weaves and wigs. i like different so i don't mind fake hair. so now I'm debating what to do this summer. i think imma do a sew next week my bday is coming and i don't think i'm really attractive with my hair so short. but i don't regret it cuz i know at least now my hair can grow back evenly at least that's the hope

Lady S

the first time I did it, I was in college. I wore scarves for the first couple of weeks because the stylist who cut it decided to edge my hairline and it looked very odd to me. I like my kooky looking hairline, thank you very much. After that, I rocked my twa with no problem.

This time around, I did the cutting. So, it's a tad uneven and a couple of . . um. .*cough*. .bald spots. But sometimes a girl has to do what a girl has to do. Anyways, I've been rocking wigs, which is what I was doing pre-BC, so no one's seen it except my mom. Probably won't wear it out until it gets to about two inches.

MochaEyeCandy

I've been wearing a wig since my bc. Only because it's a protective style and I didn't want my hair out in the harsh TO winter weather...it had nothing to do with not wanting others to see my hair. I was pissed I couldn't rock my twa this winter LOL

Rei

I was relaxed in an awkward stage and transitioned right back into the awkward stage :perplexed: As in, too short to do a nice puff but too long to just rock out especially since I don't really have wash and go hair. So, I've been twisting and twisting out since Jan. I would love to weave/braid it up but I currently have no money :lachen: so I wasn't sure what to put on the poll. I'm rocking it, but not really by choice

Ms_Twana

The hair in your siggie looks like you could still do some twists, no?

I probably could. I'm not relaxed bone straight. I just got it a week ago. :lachen:The front/top of my hair is a lot straighter though. So, I'm afraid a twistout won't look right.

OP: Sorry for hijacking!!

Last edited:

NikStarrr

I BC'd after a year, and to me my hair was still very short. I regretted it for a while and wore it in a cute short rollerset or flat ironed for the first few months. After that, I started doing more textured styles like twistouts and puffs, and it's been smooth sailing ever since. I think that initial feeling of regret was really just shock due to the new shorter length. Once I'd gained another few inches all regrets were gone.

adf23

I'm prob not the best person to answer, as I transitioned for 21 months before my BC. But once I decided to cut the bit of relaxed ends off, I pretty much wore a bun. I am jusssst now at the point of wearing my natural hair out, but I do love twistouts, etc.

Smiley79

I rocked it from July until Nov and then I got a sewin from Nov-Jan.

View attachment 32775

Edit: I enjoyed my BC, I thought I looked cute. I needed a different look for a little while though so I put a sew-in and I was graduating from college/in my friends wedding as well. So the sew-in gave me the look I wanted for those occasions. Your hair changes lengths so fast & before you know it you will be able to do way more styles, so you may feel limited but it is only momentarily.

I didn't do too many styles to be honest, I kinda kept it simple, but some ladies here are very creative. Enjoy your BC!

Thank You Brown...well put. I just need to be patient.:yep:

I BC'd after 1 year of transitioning in October 2008.
I thought I was going to die after the BC, I was in total shock.
I never intended to do it, I was just bored one day.
I cried a little, put on my big girl panties and now I have been wearing a bun ever since :yep:

ETA: I love my hair and I am a 100% happy with the texture, curl pattern, growth rate and the thickness. But I honestly regret doing the BC. Once you use those scissors there is no way back.
If I hadn't BC'd I would have been close to MBL now.

Last edited:

hairedity

after my BC, I went to braids (the next day I believe).. wore two or three sets of braids and now I'm wearing full sew-ins.

productjunkie814

Like KcCurly, I cried immediately afterward (I had transitioned for 3 months) and went to bed. I woke up in the morning, cowashed my hair, saw how cute it was, and fell in love with it. It was still too short for my liking...took some getting used to. I did length checks everyday for the first few months, lol. And then I just stopped and let it grow. Really fell in love when my hair was long enough to do twists. I look back now and know that it was the best decision I have ever made for my hair.

RedVelvet310

I BCed in january and i was co-washing everyday so I was baggying and wearing a wig at first... but once the weather got warmer I ROCKED IT whe I could! I'm styling challenged so i just did pony puffs :blush:.. but it still looked supa fly!

BostonMaria

I was relieved and then just wore it in a short wash and go for a month till it was long enough to ponytail. I had no regrets, just didn't have a clue how to style my short hair.

Mook's hair

I'm having fun with mine.
No weaves.
Some natural twists, natural cornrows and twistouts.
And occasional puffs.

Gotta love the puffs!

Nayna

Unbothered
I was cool with it, it was time for those ends to go! No point in holding on to them. I rocked it for a while, then I weaved mostly, here and there I would let it breathe and then after a while I got sick of the weaves. Just take your time and get comfortable with yourself and different styles. Sometimes I had problems when I looked at myself because for the most part of my life I had longish straight hair. It's an adjustment but u already made the first step so I think you wll be just fine and the styles will start to come naturally when ur hair gets a little longer.