What conditoners do you add to

Growingitlong

your relaxers? I would like to add a conditioner to my African Pride Relaxer since I can't find a mild. Do they make a mild relaxer? I use the regular last touch up and liked it but I would like to dilute it so I can get it to act like a mild version. So the question is ... what conditioner do you suggest adding to it and how much? Any suggestions?

Growingitlong

Someone? anyone? for those of you who add olive oil do you find that it makes it a runny?

I am thinking of trying castor oil? What do you think?

flyjump00

Hmmm! I have never heard of adding a conditioner to a relaxer. Wow!

Have you tried Gentle Treatment relaxers?

Growingitlong

flyjump, I have not tried Gentle treatment relaxers. I am trying to stick to using lye. I cound that the African Pride was quite moisturizing, just found that it made me a bit too straight a tard too quickly.

Does anyone have any ideas? Come on I know some of you add stuff to your relaxers. Come on girls, fess up

webby

Think Slim
I think that I have heard that people add conditioners to their relaxers, but I have never done it. Perhaps you could leave the relaxer in for less time if it's making your hair too straight.

Nice

Where is Pepperanne2? Her stylist does this. I think that she said that it make the relaxer not work as fast so I guess that it does make a relaxer milder.

ElecEngnr

[ QUOTE ]
Growingitlong said:
How did you like the results the addition of the oil and the coconut conditioner gave?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it didn't seem to make much more of a difference than using the relaxer alone, I just did it to add more moisture during the relaxing process.