What are the benefits of going to a ..............

I go weekly and I find that the benefits for me are that it makes my hair soft and it just blows in the wind. I have NEVER had a black stylist or anyone else have my hair that light and airy (Well I went to Egyptians a few times and they give the same results). The Dominicans don't use curling irons and a whole bunch of products which I think is good for your hair. They set it in rollers and then blow it out but some think the hot blowdryer is very damaging. But I think it is only damaging if you do it like every few days. I go once a week and have had no problems although I did start telling them to only blow my roots. Also an advantage is all you have to do then is wrap your hair every night and just comb it down in the morning so you never have to use heat. My hair lasts the whole week and I NEVER have to touch it with a curling iron. I threw mine in the trash. Also they are EXCELLENT when it comes to extending your relaxer. If you let them only blow your new growth you can extend your relaxer for a very long time. Also all of the dominican salons I have been to are full of black women with GORGEOUS long hair. All types too so they must be doing something right. Not to mention in NY they are cheap as hell at $15 for a wash and set. I say if you go once you will be instantly hooked. A lot of my out of town friends, when they visit me, that is the first place they want to go.

I was also wondering if the techniques used in the Dominician Salon works on nautral, 4b to be precise?

Thanks in advance
grin.gif

Re: What are the benefits of going to a ..........

wolftrap,
I just found a dominican solon about 7 minutes from my house. I went and there and asked her how much she charges for a wash and she told me a wash, conditioner, rollerset, and "blowjob" $25. $20 with out the "blowjob" I was like
shocked.gif
. I'm almost 8 weeks post and I went to go 12. I have a wedding to go to in about 2 1/2 more weeks. so, my question is do they blow dry the roots enough so that it look as if you could've just had relaxer?

and have any body ever experience damage form this cause I think that' my biggest fear.

Yep, look at my hair album... It makes your roots look like you just had a FRESH touch-up.
shocked.gif

Yes they blow dry your roots enough to where it looks like you have a relxer. I let them blow my roots and then I let them wrap my hair. I usually go after work so I put on a hat over the wrap and go home. When I get home I take the pins out and sleep with my silk scarf on. I don't wrap my hair with pins because my hair is thin and in the morning I would have dents from the pins. I don't find them to be damaging. Like I said just let them blow the roots. I think when you go often and you let them blow your whole head then that is when it may become damaging. I only let them blow my whole head if I go on the weekend or I know i'm going somewhere afterward. Trust me it won't damage your hair especially if this will be your first time and you are only letting them blow your roots.

Yes it will work on your natural hair as well. A typ4 4b. Just know that your results probably won't be as straight as if it were relaxed, but it will work your hair will just be more full. I have a friend that has type 3c hair and she goes and her hair comes out nice. The only thing is that on natural hair I don't think it will last as long as if you got it straigtened with a hot comb or something. Cause as soon as my friend hist any type of humidity or moisture her hair curls right back up.

Back