Request What about a groaning feature?

littlegoldmittens

Now, hear me out. I'm not saying it to seem rude but what if there was an option to disagree with a post that contrasted with thanking it? I don't mean for it to be perceived as "I hate your post" but just that you are feeling the antithesis of what the selected quote expressed.

Groaning? Are you serious!? Lol. Did facebook ever get the "dislike" function people were asking for?

We couldn't handle stars. Lord knows we can't handle a groan or no thanks button.

Last edited:
I think people already groan through thanks of other posts and gifs. Not sure it's needed.

No. They had something like it in the past and it was a mess from what I hear.

I thought people used gifs as a substitute. Try gifs

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

What would be the point... or better yet benefit of that?

Now that I think about it... It would be nice to groan this thread :lol:

How about we just quote/multi-quote what we do not like or agree with. @ OP, I just "groaned" you. Happy now?

LMBO!

You will be banned if you "groan" me back. :D

What would be the point... or better yet benefit of that?

Now that I think about it... It would be nice to groan this thread :lol:

It was a suggestion. It is awfully hypocritical to want to use the non existent groan feature that you voted against to groan me though for suggesting it:drunk:

It was a suggestion. It is awfully hypocritical to want to use the non existent groan feature that you voted against to groan me though for suggesting it:drunk:

:lol: Um... yes, it is hypocritical. That's kinda the whole point.

But all that aside... admit that you were at least a half ounce offended that I wanted to groan you... or your wouldn't have been compelled to quote me and point out an intentional contradiction.

That's why it's a bad idea.

:lol: Um... yes, it is hypocritical. That's kinda the whole point.

But all that aside... admit that you were at least a half ounce offended that I wanted to groan you... or your wouldn't have been compelled to quote me and point out an intentional contradiction.

That's why it's a bad idea.

I was more offended that you said what a bad idea it would be to then say that you wanted it to groan me. I mean, the feature could be messy but rather than having 63837464627 replies about how terrible a thread is you can say everything and more with the click of a button. People's feelings will get hurt regardless of the existence of such a feature because people don't admit it but are sensitive to their opinions and ideas being disagreed with.

(Not directed at you) but I don't get the people who are ready to tear someone a new one with words but think a groan or no thanks feature is too harsh and unnecessary lol.

In my opinion, one factor that makes LHCF more successful than most other forums is the positive & encouraging atmosphere along with the respect that we show to one other.

If you take that away, LHCF may regress (instead of progressing) and/or eventually become a ghost town. That would be very sad.

Last edited:
I was more offended that you said what a bad idea it would be to then say that you wanted it to groan me. I mean, the feature could be messy but rather than having 63837464627 replies about how terrible a thread is you can say everything and more with the click of a button. People's feelings will get hurt regardless of the existence of such a feature because people don't admit it but are sensitive to their opinions and ideas being disagreed with.

(Not directed at you) but I don't get the people who are ready to tear someone a new one with words but think a groan or no thanks feature is too harsh and unnecessary lol.

The fact that you see my opinion as "ripping you a new one" further proves my point. Also, save the "not directed at you" nonsense lol. It's a cop out... but then again, so is a groan. Instead of stating ones feelings, they can simply cop out with a groan. It reminds me of when people enter a thread and type "nevermind" lol. Why bother. That's my opinion. I'll never be afraid to state it... no matter if you or anyone else chooses to be sensitive and take it as a personal insult instead of the simple opinion that it is.

The fact that you see my opinion as "ripping you a new one" further proves my point. Also, save the "not directed at you" nonsense lol. It's a cop out... but then again, so is a groan. Instead of stating ones feelings, they can simply cop out with a groan. It reminds me of when people enter a thread and type "nevermind" lol. Why bother. That's my opinion. I'll never be afraid to state it... no matter if you or anyone else chooses to be sensitive and take it as a personal insult instead of the simple opinion that it is.

I said 'not directed at you' because I wasn't talking about you or implicating you or referring to you. That's typically what that means :look: but read more into it if you'd like. Are you so vain to think everything is about you? And who said I thought your opinion was "ripping me a new one"? Are you okay?:perplexed

I said 'not directed at you' because I wasn't talking about you or implicating you or referring to you. That's typically what that means :look: but read more into it if you'd like. Are you so vain to think everything is about you? And who said I thought your opinion was "ripping me a new one"? Are you okay?:perplexed

:lol: Stop the madness.

can you see now why we dont need a groan button?:lol:

No, because I would prefer if she groaned me than started twisting and changing what I said to fit her point...that was so strange

Lol! gurrll... I don't need to groan you. I'm not afraid to directly state my points and stand behind them... :look: :)

Last edited:
Lol! gurrll... I don't need to groan you. I'm not afraid to directly state my points and stand behind them... :look: :)

You can't read though :lol: I specifically said I wasn't talking to you and you wrote a paragraph about nonsense just for the sake of arguing. Argue to yourself, you're too annoying to not have on ignore :lol:.

Back