What 3 vitamins should you take for hair growth?

hairfanatic

I'm asking because I was taking so many vitamins and I really would like to cut down on the amount I take and save some money to put to other uses. The vitamins have gotten very expensive for my budget. If there are only three vitamins you could take for hair growth...which ones would it be?

H

HoneyRockette

I don't take vitamins but I know biotin is good for hair growth. MSM is good too as far as I know and L-Cystein. I don't take vitamins anymore because these vitamins are best absorbed with other vitamins so you still end up taking ten pills a day to get the most of the basic vitamins.

CICI24

I would recomend Protein supplement, liquid multi,and a hair skin and nail vitamin like ultra nourishair because it has the extra MSM, silica,and biotin that your hair needs.

Nyambura

surfer girl
A good B-complex, a good multivitamin, and (although it's not a vitamin) an essential fatty acid (aka EFAs), preferably one that contains omega-3, 6, and 9 oils. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kitkat

I was researching the ingredients of HF-37 on line, and noticed that they contain a lot of amino acids. In addition to the vits that the other posters have mentioned, it looks like aminos play an important part. I don't have any aminos in my regimen now, but I think that I will add some.

Tracy

Vitol Great Hair
Country Life Biotin
Natrol Silica

I'd only leave out my beloved Pantothenic because the Vitol contains 600 mgs. of it, in addition to 600 mgs of vitamin C (which helps all this stuff absorb) and aminos Choline, Inositol and L-Cysteine in some pretty uncharacteristiaclly large doses for a hair vitamin. 600, 600 and 150 mgs. respectively.

skyye

I could not live without Biotin. I thelps my hair to grow alot. It also makes the texture of my new growth softer and more managable. In addition to the biotin, I would have to say a skin, hair and nail vitamin and either MSM or flaxseed oil. The MSM and flaxseed both help decrease shedding in my hair, so I take either or. I could probably do without all the other vitamins I've taken.

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
I've heard everything from Biotin to Vitamin E is suppose to supplicant hair and nail growth. In the end, you should just find out what works for you (keeping in mind vitamins can take a month to kick in as far as hair growth goes). I like HF 37 so far, although it's rather pricy.

Crysdon

I take:

A multi-vitamin (with Iron or Folic Acid)
B-Complex complete
Biotin (5mg)

I believe this works, because my hair texture and growth are doing very well with this combination...also remember that the B-Complex and Biotin go hand-in-hand with each other. You should not take one without the other.

Ennyaa

Hi there HoneyVibe. I've been taking HF37 also for about 2 months now and I like it pretty well. The first month it seemed that I did get 1 inch of growth but this past one I don't know. It seems like less but that may be because of breakage. I'm about to run out today and buy a bunch of the Fantasia IC line I keep hearing about (you guys are turning me into a real PJ!! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif ) to see if that will help with that.

Anyways between HF37 (Step 1 and 2 and Herbal), Trimedica Powdered MSM, Silica, and the Puritans Pride Biotin I just ordered (Sheesh I REALLY need to stay off this board) I hope I can reach my monthly growth goals. If I had to pick 3... hmmm I think I'd say The MSM, HF37 and Silica... But that's only because I haven't been on the Biotin yet.

Ummm I have a Question... Do you guys think I'd be crazy to throw GNC UltraNourish Hair back up in that mix or have I COMPLETELY lost my mind?

*sigh* What am I going to do about this new addiction?

Ennyaa

OH NO!!!! Why'd you have to tell me that.... Now I need to get B-Complex too? I mean I'm not bankrupting myself but at the same time I feel so silly buyin all this stuff.

Kitkat

Hairfanatic, I was reviewing my post and realized I never really anwered your primary question! /images/graemlins/grin.gif In my humble opinion, biotin is a key vitamin for hair growth. If I had to only add 2 more, I would take an amino complex and something like GNC Ultra Nourish Hair b/c it has so many of the other necessary ingredients (MSM, silica, pantothenic acid - not sure of the spelling there - etc). I take Ultra Nourish Hair, MSM, silica, biotin, and I'd like to add an amino complex to the mix.

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
Ennyyaa, I hear you. Keep in mind that your body, just like the seasons, goes through a transition when winter comes; we don't outright hibernate, but our body does store more nutrients in the winter months than in the summer months. This may be why HF 37 isn't working as fast -- your body is rerouting the resources to other places (like my gut! /images/graemlins/mad.gif ) -- and not letting the excess go out of your scalp. Invertently, our hair tends to grow faster in the summer because the body spends its nutrients more lavishly.

Keep exercising, eating right, and doing all you can to control breakage. I'm thinking about changing my regime thusly, to accomodate my body's needs: concentrating on controlling breakage in the winter, and concentrating on accelerating growth in the summer.

Ennyaa

Thank you for this. After reading that page and looking at the ingredients of all the stuff I'm already taking I realize I don't need to buy anything else. (thank goodness) The HF37 Step one and the Herbal Supplement, Along with the B Complex I already have is giving me the balance she's talking about.
It sure is a good thing I have no problem swallowing pills or else I'd be in trouble!

I've been taking Flaxseed oil, MSM and biotin and have noticed increased hair length but I'm not sure if its due to these or not. I've been taking these for approx 7 weeks now.

I definitely have noticed hair growth though and will continue with the regime.

hairfanatic

Wow Ladies!

Thank you so much for your input. I am definately going to keep the Biotin (Country Life is only $7.00 for 5mg)

Also will keep the Ultra Nourish Hair. Since I still have the two boxes from that GNC Sale.

These are the vitamins I have left and will finish out:

Flaxseed Oil
Kal Silica Plus
Vitamin E
Evening Primose Oil
Marine Protein
Amino 2222 Caps
MSM

I haven't decided yet which third one to keep taking. What do you think ladies? I may have to take four because between these...I don't know... /images/graemlins/confused.gif Decisions, Decisions

bun-bun

I am new to all of this and I've been reading so much about vitmins and regimens! I am so overwhelmed I don't know where to start! Can someone please just give me a few simple tips to get started? I was thinking about the vitamins and was a little worried about safety, I mean how much is too much? My hair is dry, my scalp is pretty healthy, I wash my hair once a week and deep condition always but here I see people wash twice a week and do so many other things! My hair grows but it breaks and sheds much more so I don't know my hair's true growth potential. PLEASE HELP!!

L

legs71

Welcome, Bun-bun! I don't know if you're familiar with "Bargello's regimen", but many of us have use her regimen with some modifications. I started out taking aminos and a multivitamin and gradually added everything else. Probably when I run out of everything I will modify my regimen because it is a pain taking all those pills daily. Personally as probably mentioned before by prior posts I would recommend starting with Biotin, MSM and a hair vitamin. At that point if you feel that's not working you can either add something or replace. Refer to the post "Bargello's regimen" and that should help you get started, it's very informative. Hope this helps! Happy hair growing

the top 3 vitamins i couldn't live without:
1) BIOTIN
2)MSN
3)MULTIVITAMIN

I REALLY LIKE PURIDAN PRIDE VITAMINS
<font color="red"> </font>

G

biotin &amp; a multi vitamin are all I take... an efa wouldn't hurt either but those 2 are enough for me

CocoaCure

I just came back from the store and bought a High potency B-complex, Evening Primrose, MSM and Biotin. But the MSM says to take it 4 to 6 times daily!!! NOT!!! There is NO WAY I can be popping pills that many times a day! I'll take it once along with the Biotin (it sounds like that's the best one anyway), the B-complex (this helps with LOTS of things - not just hair! Stress reduction too! And I'll take the EPR - all of them just once a day. Is this OK just taking once per day? I guess it's better than what I was doing before.

[ QUOTE ]
CICI24 said:
Walmart hair skin and nail supplement, Walmart biotin, and Flax seed oil.

[/ QUOTE ]

Walmart huh? How much are they? I used to get GNC Hair, Skin &amp; Nail Vitamin. Is it cheaper at Walmart??

soslychic

[ QUOTE ]
72792 said:
[ QUOTE ]
CICI24 said:
Walmart hair skin and nail supplement, Walmart biotin, and Flax seed oil.

[/ QUOTE ]

How long have you been taking the walmart brands? Have you received good results?
Walmart huh? How much are they? I used to get GNC Hair, Skin &amp; Nail Vitamin. Is it cheaper at Walmart??

[/ QUOTE ]