WGO...Does it live up to the hype?

CheerBear

I was by the BSS store today and low and behold, they have invested in WGO...I wanted to try it but didn't wanna spend the 8 dollars for it when I have so many oils already...but I'm just wondering, any success or horror stories from using this???Anyone experience any wild growth???
laugh.gif

My hair grew but I experienced shedding...more than usual, so my hair looked thin despite the growth. I have used it on two separate ocassions and I personally wouldn't use it again. It didn't agree with my hair. Others on this board have raved about it and especially how it softens their new growth. I think this might be something you might have to try on your own cuz there r so many differences in opinion
smile.gif

I use WGO, and I dont know if I've experienced any extremely WILD growth (I haven't gotten a touch-up yet), but after a couple of days of using, I did notice some growth that wasn't there before. Even if it doesn't work as a hair growth product (which I'm not sure of yet), I think it's a good hair oil because it does soften up new growth.

I would say WGO is a very good product with a very bad smell. FOr now, it's one of my 'must haves' until I find a better product. It's definitely worth a try. It's best to use it on clean wet hair, that way the smell isn't overpowering.

I use it. I don't notice any growth. I do buy it on a regular basis because it makes my hair soft. I like it for the conditioning. I use it as part of my leave in after washing and a little at night.

I'm not big on using oil. But if I ever decided to use one faithfully it would be WGO. It's currently helping my mother to achieve growth. It works for my family.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
CutiePie0Five said:
I use WGO, and I dont know if I've experienced any extremely WILD growth (I haven't gotten a touch-up yet), but after a couple of days of using, I did notice some growth that wasn't there before. Even if it doesn't work as a hair growth product (which I'm not sure of yet), I think it's a good hair oil because it does soften up new growth.

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO,
ITA, the smell is better when applied on clean wet hair. The smell is very "herbal", like a health food store. IMO, the smell is tolerable and it gives my hair a nice shine.
smile.gif

WGHO, the ponytail baggie technique and conditioner washes are responsible for my hair being the longest and healthiest it has EVER been.

After washing my hair, I part it, apply SMALL amounts of WGHO and smoothly tie my hair down with a silk scarf. WGHO softens and straightens my new growth, hairline and ends. My ends are very supple. The key to using WGHO is in SMALL amounts so that the hair can absorb the oil without greasiness or heaviness.

I don't think WGHO stinks at all. The scent is pungent and herbal. I like the scent very much, especially after I apply it to my clean, damp hair.

i used it once and all my friend could talk about was how soft my hair was when she was braiding it. I like it because my hair was soooooooo soft. The only problem is the smell (well... and the price). When i first brought it the smell didn't bother me, but for some reason i used it on my ends last summer and i was about to throw up. If there was a way to mask the smell i would use it.

I've been using WGO for a few months now and I've gotten past the smell. I noticed a lot of shedding initially. Back then I applied it to wet hair and slicked my hair into a ponytail. It seemed like it made my hair stick to my head (really- like glue) so when I tried to comb out it was very stiff. I had growth back then, but I didn't like what it was doing to my hair.

Now, I let my hair air dry, then apply WGO, and it's just fine.

Just be careful with white pillowcases- it will stain if you go to bed after putting it in!

[ QUOTE ]
SouthernGirl said:
...Just be careful with white pillowcases- it will stain if you go to bed after putting it in!

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO, I always wear a scarf at night
smile.gif

Well my senior year in high school I used WGO and experienced a tremendous amount of growth(shoulder length to bra strap in a year). All I did was wash once a week apply wgo every few nights and scalp massages every night for about 15 minutes or so. So I dont know which one of those 3 factors worked the most. I never really liked the smell but didnt really care. MY friends mom puts a little bit of orange oil(can be found in those natural health stores) in her bottle of wgo and it smells like oranges.

The one problem with my hair that I had at that point was that despite the fact that it was long it was really thin...but I think that had more to do with me using the blowdryer and the curling iron than the wgo
smile.gif

Back