Wet hair question for 4a/4b

Je Ne Sais Quoi

After washing/condtioning my short hair I end up with a dense afro that has a few curls throughout especially in the back. For those of you that started this process with shorter hair did your hair have some curl to it? As it grew did it grow up and out? Will my hair continue to get curlier as it gets longer or will it just continue to be more of a fro? How do I help to bring out the natural curls after washing?

bettytoo

my hair curl's up when wet.In the back the most.I say try gel on wet hair mixed in with and oil moistizer.That might do it

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Brownshugaz said:
Bre are you natural or transitioning?

I am transitioning ( i guess). I haven't had a perm in a little over a year. I believe all the perm has grown out (thanks to my maniacal cutting) but there might still be a smidging on the ends.

momi

Cherokee said:
Have you been to this site? It is specifically for naturals and I am sure you could find some suggestions over there as well as here.

http://www.nappturality.com/

wonderful site - this site was instrumental in my transition and big chop days.... but dont go there looking for info about curls. you will be shut down with the quickness.