WENT TO GET AVEDA DAMAGE REMEDY!

peacelove

So I went to the mall yesterday to pick up the three products from the Aveda Damage remedy line and...

then I saw the price tags. :( I had to walk out the store empty handed. I knew they were pricey but I did not know $26 bucks a pop. Man, those prices hurt my feelings. So I dragged over to Sephora and picked up Philosophy's shear splendor hair serum for $18. That is not much better. But I do have to say I like this serum. It feels like it has a little more oil than most of the serums I use. It is a toss up between this one and Aveda's brilliant serum.

Aveda products do cost more than average but usually it's worth it. Usually. I've only had to return a product once (it didn't work for my relaxed hair) and they are good about that.

I know I am gonna go back and get it because I love aveda. But I think I was expecting 18-20 bucks a pop. And when I get the products, I want all three! So I will just put aside the money and treat myself another time.

Isis said:
Aveda products do cost more than average but usually it's worth it. Usually. I've only had to return a product once (it didn't work for my relaxed hair) and they are good about that.

I agree. The serum is one of the best things they have in my opinion.

A Phyto rep told me that Loreal just bought Aveda (or they were about to). The rep says he normally doesnt 'hate' on products but to be careful of any ingredients changes that may occur over the next year, mainly more alcohol being added, etc. I hope he is wrong because i really like the Aveda line :perplexed

atlien11 said:
A Phyto rep told me that Loreal just bought Aveda (or they were about to). The rep says he normally doesnt 'hate' on products but to be careful of any ingredients changes that may occur over the next year, mainly more alcohol being added, etc. I hope he is wrong because i really like the Aveda line :perplexed

When I saw this news I froze. I love Aveda. So being the lover I am I just called customer service they said this news is NOT true. I even checked on their website and they mentioned nothing of it. So, Aveda lovers I wouldn't worry about it too much.

atlien11 said:

OMG, I hope this is not true!! Aveda has such a serious philosophy! I cannot see Loreal honoring everything Aveda believes in. UGGH - I cannot stand big corporations. Loreal and Estee Lauder basically own EVERYTHING.

peacelove said:
OMG, I hope this is not true!! Aveda has such a serious philosophy! I cannot see Loreal honoring everything Aveda believes in. UGGH - I cannot stand big corporations. Loreal and Estee Lauder basically own EVERYTHING.

Peacelove it's not true. I felt the same as you. You can read my comment above.

MizaniMami said:
When I saw this news I froze. I love Aveda. So being the lover I am I just called customer service they said this news is NOT true. I even checked on their website and they mentioned nothing of it. So, Aveda lovers I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Thanks for posting this information!!

MizaniMami said:
Peacelove it's not true. I felt the same as you. You can read my comment above.

Oh ok, I missed your post. PRAISE GOD! LOL. Thanks for getting the scoop. I feel better now. :)

I WILL be getting that Damage Remedy sooner or later. I just got my tax refund so, I have options. :)

alonshaw said:
You mean Estee lauder owns everything, they own Loreal.

I don't think they own Loreal - I think that is one of their major competitors. I know they own just about everything else, though - LOL.

Last edited:
MizaniMami said:
I agree. The serum is one of the best things they have in my opinion.

which Aveda serum are you referring to?
the gloss? how much is it?
i really wanna move to using Aveda exclusively.

Does anybody have any reviews on this Aveda Damage remedy? Are Aveda products all natural? Do the shampoos contain SLS? I want to get my hair colored at one of their salons some day when I stop being a chicken.

Estee Lauder has owned Aveda and Origins for quite some time. L'Oreal owns Lancome, Redken, Mizani, Soft Sheen-Carson, Matrix, Biolage, Artec, and Kerastase.

I used the shampoo and reconstructor and it was nothing to write home about. I gave it away to a girlfriend who has relaxed hair.

MissB said:
Estee Lauder has owned Aveda and Origins for quite some time. L'Oreal owns Lancome, Redken, Mizani, Soft Sheen-Carson, Matrix, Biolage, Artec, and Kerastase.
Thanks for clearing that up!

newslady said:
which Aveda serum are you referring to?
the gloss? how much is it?
i really wanna move to using Aveda exclusively.

I am talking about the Brilliant Emollient gloss. I think it is about 23 dollars.:perplexed

MizaniMami said:
I am talking about the Brilliant Emollient gloss. I think it is about 23 dollars.:perplexed

wow - thats a grip and a half! :eek:
how do you use it? dry or wet hair or both?

I use it on dry hair right before I flat iron. I works well on wet hair too. I have sed it right before blow dring too

MizaniMami said:
I use it on dry hair right before I flat iron. I works well on wet hair too. I have sed it right before blow dring too

is it worth $23 considering my proclaim hair gloss is like 6 bucks???

Country gal said:
I used their Sap moss shampoo and conditioner. I wasn't impressed. I had better success with other brands.

Yea girl this sucked big time for me! I hated it, I actually pitched this!!

Newslady if you like the proclaim gloss then stay with it. Aveda is the best that I ever used. You can always go to the salon and get samples of the gloss for free. You can't beat that!

Back