Went from BSL to APL (pics!) + Philadelphia stylist recommendation

He's amazing, and it's less than $100 for a wash/blowdry/cut/style (before tip). If you make an appointment, ask in advance to have him blowdry you - those assistants rarely know what they're doing. The salon is in Manayunk (across the river from W. Philly) on Main Street, where it intersects with Ridge (I think, going off memory).

Yea!!!:yay::yay: that's pretty close to me. I'm by the zoo. The price isnt too bad either. Thanks!!

Hey OP! I knew you looked familiar, I'm a subscriber to your channel on YT. Anyway, your hair is beyond gorgeous!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone!

Weekly I wash with:
Carol's Daughter Monoi Shampoo
MoroccanOil Moisture Repair Conditioner

Then blowdry/straighten with:
MoroccanOil
Garnier Fructis Blowdry Perfector

Monthly I relax with Dr. Miracle's Relaxer (Regular), then DC with Garnier Fructis 3 Minute Undo, then wash/blowdry/straighten as usual. I use a 2000 watt blowdry w/nozzle & round brushes to blowdry.

I don't wrap my hair or anything at night, and I don't use oils/moisturizers other than the above, which I apply to each section before blowdrying.

I just came in to say that the Moroccan Oil treatment and moisture repair shampoo are the absolute truth! My flat iron came out so soft, silky, and shiny. Thank you LaurenMechelle!

LaurenMechelle

You have friends off the board too... your picture just showed up on my tumblr timeline! :yep: :yep: :yep:

Whoa! Very cool!!

Beautiful hair :)

:thud:
Gorgeous hair and gorgeous lady!! You are definitely #winning

OP you and your hair are stunning! :yep:

:drool: worth all the time...........it just so BEAUTIFUL!

pretty before and after! :yep:

It looks healthy/full very pretty..You too.

Happy Hair Growing!

Your hair is very pretty&healthy!

Sooooo Prettyy!!!!

Thank you!!

I just came in to say that the Moroccan Oil treatment and moisture repair shampoo are the absolute truth! My flat iron came out so soft, silky, and shiny. Thank you LaurenMechelle!
So happy to hear this! Seriously my favorite of all time... just wish it wasn't so expensive!

Back