Wedding Pictures - Daughter of Bishop Walter Thomas New Psalmist Church, in MD

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
My cousin sent this to me in an email today.

This is the daughter of Bishop Walter Thomas. He's appears on TBN at times. His Church is located in Maryland.

I love Weddings and the Beautiful pictures. I thought you'd enjoy looking at these.

http://www.borrowedbluephoto.com/joiwayne/

Marriage Blessings to everyone :Rose:

I mean it too. Those of you who 'know me', know that I do. :yep: Marriage is my heartbeat and Ministry. :love2:

Shimmie

Staff member

PinkPebbles

So many of the hats I see are so beautiful. I'd like to wear one but I'm too short to wear big hats. You can't find me :lol:

:lol:

LOL...I'm tall enough to wear the big hats but I wonder if I'm old enough to wear it:giggle:....

When I become a little older I'm going to wear a Sunday hat to church! Something I look forward to....you can't tell the older women at my church that they are not 'sharp' in their hats and matching purse! They be struttin...:lachen:.

Shimmie

Staff member
LOL...I'm tall enough to wear the big hats but

I wonder if I'm old enough to wear it :giggle:....

When I become a little older I'm going to wear a Sunday hat to church! Something I look forward to....you can't tell the older women at my church that they are not 'sharp' in their hats and matching purse! They be struttin...:lachen:.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:at the bolded. The 'mothers' in the Church are SSFHW's

Some Serious Fashion Hat Wearers.... Serious about being Sharp! Can't tell em' nuthin' :gorgeous:

That 'strutt' is serious... Don't step on their shoes, now. They don't play dat' :yep:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
They make a beautiful couple...I love weddings, the pictures are beautiful.

I love everything about Weddings too, Joy. So much that I began making wedding bouquets, and Bridal accessories which started as a hobbie, and then God blessed it into a home business.

I love lace, satin, silk, pearls, crystals, diamonds....and all of the pretty things which make a Bride's Wedding Day so very special. :love5:

PinkPebbles

:lachen::lachen::lachen:at the bolded. The 'mothers' in the Church are SSFHW's

Some Serious Fashion Hat Wearers.... Serious about being Sharp! Can't tell em' nuthin' :gorgeous:

That 'strutt' is serious... Don't step on their shoes, now. They don't play dat' :yep:

Shimmie - you have me at my desk dying laughing...you are speaking the truth!
Now, I'm starting to think about my granny...she was one of the 'mothers' at her church. And her clique was serious about their hats. Lawd, when it was time for their annual conventions....lawd have mercy:lachen:. The suit wasn't complete without the hat:laugh:.

HAPPY FRIDAY Ms. Shimmie!

joy2day

Ya'll have me laughing this AM...you do not mess with a church mother and her hat!!!! :lachen:
\
Now, I'm starting to think about my granny...she was one of the 'mothers' at her church. And her clique was serious about their hats. Lawd, when it was time for their annual conventions....lawd have mercy:lachen:. The suit wasn't complete without the hat:laugh:.

Shimmie

Staff member

Ya'll have me laughing this AM...you do not mess with a church mother and her hat!!!! :lachen:
\
HOLD UP! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Don't forget about the 'Co' sage' :lachen: You KNOW they have to have 'they' flowers on. And with the big bow that matches the 'Auxilary' Committee.

Tell me I don't know about this. :lachen:

I had to make them by the dozens and dozens for my mom's Church and the Ladies Deacon Board and the boutonnierres for the men.

And don't mess up the colors either... Shoot! You'll get eyeballed like a cannon. :lachen:

All during the service, they've all sitting in their Committee colors, all proud and smiling and nodding 'amen' to every 'thang' "Pastor' say. And when the music starts, they jump up all dignified and start to jumping to the organ. All you see are the huge feathers and bows bouncing on the hats. Some fly off ... :lachen: You end up with someone's feather stuck to your shoe.

And Oh my goodness, the huge pins they wear, the Broches... I've never seen so many pins on suits in all lmy days. Some are really pretty. But they can be dangerous if someone hugs you. :lachen:

Please........ don't tell them how not to have it together; you'll get sat down quick or kicked out of the Church :kick:

Gotta love it... gotta love it all. :lachen:

Happy Friday to you too... :bighug:

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Precious Pictures - Very nicely done.

I think I have seen this pastor on TV...
Aren't they nice, momi? I love seeing couples, together. I wish the best for their marriage.

He's been on TBN several times. He also has a TV Ministry locally; I've only watched it a few times when I was able to.

I can remember family members and friends of mine in Baltimore, used to go to his noon services during the week. Instead of going to lunch, they'd go to noon worship service instead. I think it was a 30 minute service which gave them time to get back to work.

Blessings to you :Rose:

Here's his website:

http://www.newpsalmist.org/index.html

joy2day

LOL...at this part in particular, Shimmie tooooo funny!!!!!:lachen:

Quote:
And don't mess up the colors either... Shoot! You'll get eyeballed like a cannon. :lachen:

All during the service, they've all sitting in their Committee colors, all proud and smiling and nodding 'amen' to every 'thang' "Pastor' say. And when the music starts, they jump up all dignified and start to jumping to the organ. All you see are the huge feathers and bows bouncing on the hats. Some fly off ... :lachen: You end up with someone's feather stuck to your shoe.

Happy Friday to you too... :bighug:[/QUOTE]

Shimmie

Staff member
LOL...at this part in particular, Shimmie tooooo funny!!!!!:lachen:

Shimmie said:
:

Happy Friday to you too... :bighug:

:lachen::lachen::lachen: Joy..... I absolutely LOVE watching Church ! :lachen:

Last edited:

joy2day

LOL at "watching" church...some of the funniest things happen in church service...

...isn't it great to just have the Joy of the Lord today? 'scuse me, but I just had to say that...been feeling a burden in my spirit, laughing with you this AM is helping, thank you Sis...

Shimmie

Staff member
LOL at "watching" church...some of the funniest things happen in church service...

...isn't it great to just have the Joy of the Lord today? 'scuse me, but I just had to say that...been feeling a burden in my spirit, laughing with you this AM is helping, thank you Sis...

:bighug:

:kick: God just kicked the burden n the butt.

Yes He did.... :yep: :yep: :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member

I won't tell you how one day, the elastic in my skirt waistband was loose and I spent the entire service not ....... wanting ....... to ....... move. Not even by a milimeter. Then Pastor Just HAAAADDDD to say '

Hug your Neighbor and not with one arm, be generous and let folks know you love them in the Lord. You never know who needs a hug today.'

Needless to say, I forgot about my skirt.

Oooooops! :lachen:

I didn't need a hug.... I needed a safety pin. :blush3:

joy2day

:lachen:That is like the time I was getting my shout on...honey when I looked down, my slip had shouted all the way down to my ankles:shocked::lachen:

Shimmie

Staff member
:lachen:That is like the time I was getting my shout on...honey when I looked down, my slip had shouted all the way down to my ankles:shocked::lachen:
:rofl3: :rofl:

ON THE FLOOR laughing at this. :lachen::lachen::lachen:

And that's only cause it happened to me too.

You know.......... I can't help but wonder how modesty goes out the window in Church of allllllllllllll places. And I do mean ALL. :lachen:

I ain't wearing no wig to Church. Uh -Uh.... No mam... Nope! :lachen: It's too obvious if it gets twisted or falls off. My skirt, I was able to catch just in time before it completely fell. I had a big ooops with that one. But a wig... no way. Cause you have to look 'twisted' until you can make it to the ladies room to fix it. :lachen:

Hmmmmm :scratchch: I wonder how the ladies heads look under dem' big hats....

Hmmmmmm :sekret:

Here's one for the record and she KNEW she was WEARIN' hur hat...

I love this lady, :love3: and she was looking good. She really was. :yep: She's one of the precious examples of Church ladies and their hats. As soon as I saw her, I knew it... "Church".

This is how they give their Sunday best; they wear a hat that says it all. It's an honorarium from them for and to whom they wear it for.

God love em' for making me smile. :yep:

God love you too, Joyful Lady. The joy of the Lord is your strength. And the joy that He gives, the world can't take it away.

NOPE! Just like dem' hats. You betta' not try and take em' away from these women cause they will cut you. Quick! :lachen:

Love and Blessings, Joy... :love2:

Last edited:

joy2day

Miss Aretha was wearing that hat wasn't she? Worldly folks talked about her, but we understand...for our first ladies and church mom's that hat is their crown...

I love the people of God, truly do. Much love to you Sis.

:rofl3: :rofl:

ON THE FLOOR laughing at this. :lachen::lachen::lachen:

And that's only cause it happened to me too.

You know.......... I can't help but wonder how modesty goes out the window in Church of allllllllllllll places. And I do mean ALL. :lachen:

I ain't wearing no wig to Church. Uh -Uh.... No mam... Nope! :lachen: It's too obvious if it gets twisted or falls off. My skirt, I was able to catch just in time before it completely fell. I had a big ooops with that one. But a wig... no way. Cause you have to look 'twisted' until you can make it to the ladies room to fix it. :lachen:

Hmmmmm :scratchch: I wonder how the ladies heads look under dem' big hats....

Hmmmmmm :sekret:

Here's one for the record and she KNEW she was WEARIN' hur hat...

I love this lady, :love3: and she was looking good. She really was. :yep: She's one of the precious examples of Church ladies and their hats. As soon as I saw her, I knew it... "Church".

This is how they give their Sunday best; they wear a hat that says it all. It's an honorarium from them for and to whom they wear it for.

God love em' for making me smile. :yep:

God love you too, Joyful Lady. The joy of the Lord is your strength. And the joy that He gives, the world can't take it away.

NOPE! Just like dem' hats. You betta' not try and take em' away from these women cause they will cut you. Quick! :lachen:

Love and Blessings, Joy... :love2:

Chrissy811

LOL...I'm tall enough to wear the big hats but I wonder if I'm old enough to wear it:giggle:....

LOL I know what you mean...my SIL is married to a Bishop and everytime we go visit she gives me hats and suits (she is gaining weight) and DH is like :nono: those are too old for you so take it off. But one day I'm gonna be sharp:lachen:

Shimmie

Staff member
LOL I know what you mean...my SIL is married to a Bishop and everytime we go visit she gives me hats and suits (she is gaining weight)

and DH is like :nono: those are too old for you so take it off. But one day I'm gonna be sharp:lachen:

Too funny.... Your DH ... :lachen: