Weave install ideas (lots of pics)

laurend085

Nichi- Sorta but not quite. I always have a hard time findin pictures mainly cause the styles I like I see on people IRL. I want the shortest part at my shoulder and the longer assymetrical pieces just a little longer.
Kind of something like this, I would still like the asymmetrical part a tad bit shorter and without the bangs and instead a slanted part. I want the hair resting at my shoulders and a little past in the front. :

and: about your comment about the Texas hair, I know you weren't talking bout all but I for one do not like the big hair look. I want mine sew-in to look as sleek as possible without bein too thin and not havin too much hair.

Kneechay

LaurenD I love that bob. Im gonna look online for more pics too because I'm really trying to zero in for the perfect picture. I'm gonna check out Essence & Sophisticate's Black Hair mags for ideas. I want my bob to be badd

hatmat6

Nichi,

Speaking of bobs, I loved the last one you had your install "modified" to. It was too hot! I will be on the lookout as well. I am considering a bob myself because I think they can be classic and conservative when they need to be ( for work) but super sexy at the same time when done right. Keep us posted girl! I'll be on my way to Texas! :driver:

laurend085

BUMPING!!!!!!!!!! I'm getting my sew-in in 2 weeks and I'm still lookin for pictures of some kinda shoulder length long bob...that I can also pull into a low ponytail sometimes.... Thanks!

Last edited:
Nichi, are you getting a full head weave when you get your bob? I ask because I wanted a bob, but figured I would just get a "lob" (long bob) and have my shortest part in the back be right below my shoulders and then have the front come closer to collar bone. This is to accomodate my natural hair horseshoe that I'm leaving out which is about that long. Ask your stylist for tips cause I'm gonna self-install.

BTW, I can't wait to get this install out this weekend!

Kneechay

Nichi, are you getting a full head weave when you get your bob? I ask because I wanted a bob, but figured I would just get a "lob" (long bob) and have my shortest part in the back be right below my shoulders and then have the front come closer to collar bone. This is to accomodate my natural hair horseshoe that I'm leaving out which is about that long. Ask your stylist for tips cause I'm gonna self-install.

BTW, I can't wait to get this install out this weekend!

ooh and i cant wait to see it.

Well, im not getting a NEW sew in, I'm just gonna cut my current sew in to mix it up. Ive had this one in for a week or two over a month and I intend to go for 3.5 months. I still have the horseshoe shape in the front left out and I think first, I'll get it cut from BSL to APL length, then for the last month or so, I'm getting Gwyneth's bob.

I've gotten a bob cut before but make sure you dont leave too much (if any) hair out at the crown. My crown is apl and if its left out itll be too long on the bob. Layer it so it looks graduated, it looks badd that way

OH Girls, I found a great pictorial for cute bobs check it here at Bella Sugar

Last edited:

Kneechay

YES! I'm off work tomorrow and I'm going to get my bob hair cut. I'm compiling pictures to give to Tinnell and I'll post pics after.