Weave install ideas (lots of pics)

Kneechay

ETA: More pics in this thread besides this post

Hey ladies, ever since I got into the sew-in game, I've been on the look out for style ideas. See, since it's not my own hair, I can do whatever to the weave, it's such a great protective style. I ran across an album of my friend in LA who does installs and I wanted to post some of her work for inspiration/ideas for some of you interested in getting a sew in. I saw some cute ideas and I'll post my favorite ones in here, but check out her gallery, I think it's helpful for style ideas.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2046849&id=30502480

faves:

in her album she also does braids, kinky twists, cornrows etc, and she installs her own too. I hope you guys like some of these, i just thought I'd share.

Last edited:

Rapunzel*

i really like these installs.i want to get a sew in but if i do, i dont think i want to leave hair out ya know?
your sew-ins always look nice Nichi

Kneechay

i really like these installs.i want to get a sew in but if i do, i dont think i want to leave hair out ya know?
your sew-ins always look nice Nichi

First, thanks for the kind compliment, i really appreciate it. In her album, she has full head installs and she states some that are. I'm too scared of full head sew ins, I'm worried it'll look like a wig.

Taina

That's very nice. I just have a question. How do you protect/take care of your hair while in weaves?. I used ONE just ONE layer in the back of my hair once, and my hair started to fall, it was horrible, i had to cut my hair that time. But i'm think in using weaves untill the end of the year ,,, or i don't know, i just don't wanna mess with my hair, but i also want a change

Kneechay

That's very nice. I just have a question. How do you protect/take care of your hair while in weaves?. I used ONE just ONE layer in the back of my hair once, and my hair started to fall, it was horrible, i had to cut my hair that time. But i'm think in using weaves untill the end of the year ,,, or i don't know, i just don't wanna mess with my hair, but i also want a change

I washed my hair with the sew in, i never worried. I just lifted a track and washed he cornrow with my fingers. I then applied a little moisturizer the same way and just blow dried the hair. Was super easy

longhairlover

girl you have me wanting to say f this real hair crap and get a weave lol!!!! i'm sooooo tired of doing my hair every week I needs a break.

nice pics, if you know of any great weave chicas in nyc please post.

angenoir

Very nice thread. I just had my install done 2 weeks ago but I am already thinking of my next one... :) Its a protective style that works for me.

I just wanted to ask - do you think bangs can work with glasses/spectacles.
I wear glasses and I have always avoided bangs because I have the impression that the two dont go well together.

What do you think?

jdbe

Thanks for posting, I was just thinking about what type of style I want so this is right on time. And that avator pic is too funny, I just fell out laughing at work!

Kneechay

Very nice thread. I just had my install done 2 weeks ago but I am already thinking of my next one... :) Its a protective style that works for me.

I wear glasses and I have always avoided bangs because I have the impression that the two dont go well together.

What do you think?

I don't see why bangs and glasses wouldnt. I'd do a longer swoop bang i could sweep behind my ears, or otherwise get a middle part and have hair down the sides.

angenoir

I don't see why bangs and glasses wouldnt. I'd do a longer swoop bang i could sweep behind my ears, or otherwise get a middle part and have hair down the sides.

Thanks for your response. I think I will try the middle part idea. I wore it once and I really liked it.

lilsparkle825

What do you think?
I wear glasses and I love bangs. :)

That second picture looks like a full sew-in...has me thinking about doing a straight install instead of kinky curly...hmmm

Kneechay

I wanted to bump this thread for more style ideas because some people asked me for some and I'll post some. I also was hoping some of you post the styles you transformed your sew-ins into. I like changing up my look and I want some ideas.

I got these from me & my friends' facebook pages

short- bob

long- waves

long - curly/wavy

medium length - straight (on the left)

long- full sew-in straight

long - curly/straight

long - waves/straight

superlong - straight with curls\

all sorts of styles - long

medium & short - straight with curls

long - bone straight

(this is just my siggy enlarged. i went from the curls/waves I usually have to super straight and middle part for a sleeker look. i liked it a lot

ill post more when i see some more ideas but i'd love for you ladies to post some styles you've come across that you like

Last edited:

laurend085

The style I am wanting is a shoulder length blunt bob that is slightly asymmetrical...Slightly longer in the front and sides than the back... If anyone has a pic..Please and Thank you!

delitefulmane

I wanted to bump this thread for more style ideas because some people asked me for some and I'll post some. I also was hoping some of you post the styles you transformed your sew-ins into. I like changing up my look and I want some ideas.

I got these from me & my friends' facebook pages

long - curly/wavy

Nichi do you know what kind of hair she used to achieve this look? And the color? I want something like this!! I :love: it!!

Oh and where is the link to her page again?

Vintageglam

I like the last one best because she has used less hair (bulk wise). The others I think have used too much hair so they have that weave look.

Kneechay

The style I am wanting is a shoulder length blunt bob that is slightly asymmetrical...Slightly longer in the front and sides than the back... If anyone has a pic..Please and Thank you!

hmm go to this site
then Styles By Ramona, then go to Short Tresses...

-look at the ones toward the end and see if what you like is there. I urge lots of folks to get pictures before they get a hair style

i'm looking for a bob style too, so this kinda interests me. Do you want the front to be shoulder length or the back like this: (on the far right)

a close up:

notice how it looks like a SL cut. I kinda like that.[/B]

Nichi do you know what kind of hair she used to achieve this look? And the color? I want something like this!! I :love: it!!

Oh and where is the link to her page again?

I'll ask her and get right to you. She changes her sew in so often that she uses synthetic instead of human hair because its cheaper. I'll get that info to you ASAP. Also, as far as her page, the website's being built currently by me, and it's just the makeup part of her site and Ill PM it to you.

These are all some beautiful women!

Wow thanks so much, girl!

Oh & Stella girl, I agree, but in Texas, women like big hair so a lot of them enjoy the 'weave-y' look. Also, some get super silky hair and it does that. Some don't wash the hair to get rid of the shiny look.

Last edited: