Washing Your Kinky Twists

Ouch

Less then a month ago, I got kinky twists done after doing the big chop. Love it. :yep:

However, last night I went to a concert and because of the smoking section that was around me, I came back home with the smell of smoke in my kinky twists!! :nono:

I really want to wash it but I'm afraid that it may get fuzzy. I mean, the middle of my head is already unbelievably fuzzy because of the wonderful Boundless Tresses but the stench is making me sick!!

What the the heck am I suppose to do? Risk the fuzziness and wash or stay with this smell? I came home late and I haven't seen my parents yet and I'm grown and all but I dont want them to think I smoke...cause I dont! :lachen::lachen:

But really, if I do wash, is there a technique to reduce fuzziness?

Tamrin

unapologetic
Less then a month ago, I got kinky twists done after doing the big chop. Love it. :yep:

However, last night I went to a concert and because of the smoking section that was around me, I came back home with the smell of smoke in my kinky twists!! :nono:

I really want to wash it but I'm afraid that it may get fuzzy. I mean, the middle of my head is already unbelievably fuzzy because of the wonderful Boundless Tresses but the stench is making me sick!!

What the the heck am I suppose to do? Risk the fuzziness and wash or stay with this smell? I came home late and I haven't seen my parents yet and I'm grown and all but I dont want them to think I smoke...cause I dont! :lachen::lachen:

But really, if I do wash, is there a technique to reduce fuzziness?

Wash them in a hair net. Thats how I do it. I wash with diluted Baking soda and I also condition with diluted conditioner. I have had mine for 5 weeks now and have been washed 5 times. I have learned how to refrest the front of my braids myself.

mscocoface

There are a few braid shampoos that you spray in that remove the smell you can get at any beauty supply store.

You can use a cup to pour the some water with conditioner in your hair and keep rinsing it out with the cup so your twists won't be manipulated so much.

Or you can create your own mix, place it in a spray bottle and spray your twists, let them sit in a conditioner cap for about 15-30 minutes then rinse it all out with a cup or large container. Then after that just squeeze them out real good.

Just a few options.