Warning: Con Artist Vendor (thegorgeousgoddess.com)

ChristyLove

Hi, I have been lurking here for over a year. And first and foremost, THANKS to all of you, my hair has grown longer than ever, due to the helpful information obtained from this forum!:grin:

I know some of you ladies such as myself may be transitioning to natural via weaves, and this has worked wonders for myself! Most of the online vendors I have used have been nothing less than helpful and trustworthy. I just wanted to warn you all of this one site called "thegorgeousgoddess.com". It is a site based in Chicago, and the owner, Bianca Mayer is a thief/ con artist. The hair on the site is beautiful, however I placed an order for hair on 03/16/2011, the website has the option to choose expedited shipping where you pay 20.00 for the shipping, and states it can take up to 7 days for the order to arrive. However it is now March 31, and still I have no order!:look: To top things off, I have tried emailing and calling the company several times, each time I call, the voicemail picks up , even during business hours. I have left dozens of voicemails with no response. I have emailed the company several times, still no response. I think it is a poor business practice to debit a consumer's debit card with promise of delivering a product, and when the product doesn't arrive in a timely fashion, the company does not respect it's consumer enough to even reply with an explanation.:whip::whip: I plan to now report the company to the Better Business Bureau, to help prevent another hardworking single mother from being scammed out of her money behind this unethical company. Has anyone else had a similar experience with this "company"?

ycj1

Hi, I have been lurking here for over a year. And first and foremost, THANKS to all of you, my hair has grown longer than ever, due to the helpful information obtained from this forum!:grin:

I know some of you ladies such as myself may be transitioning to natural via weaves, and this has worked wonders for myself! Most of the online vendors I have used have been nothing less than helpful and trustworthy. I just wanted to warn you all of this one site called "thegorgeousgoddess.com". It is a site based in Chicago, and the owner, Bianca Mayer is a thief/ con artist. The hair on the site is beautiful, however I placed an order for hair on 03/16/2011, the website has the option to choose expedited shipping where you pay 20.00 for the shipping, and states it can take up to 7 days for the order to arrive. However it is now March 31, and still I have no order!:look: To top things off, I have tried emailing and calling the company several times, each time I call, the voicemail picks up , even during business hours. I have left dozens of voicemails with no response. I have emailed the company several times, still no response. I think it is a poor business practice to debit a consumer's debit card with promise of delivering a product, and when the product doesn't arrive in a timely fashion, the company does not respect it's consumer enough to even reply with an explanation.:whip::whip: I plan to now report the company to the Better Business Bureau, to help prevent another hardworking single mother from being scammed out of her money behind this unethical company. Has anyone else had a similar experience with this "company"?
I hate asking you this but have you done any research with this particular company prior to placing yr order? Did you find any feedback from other consumers about the products/shipping/customer service??????? We all want to be able to trust a company especially a black co. concerning our hair care needs but you can't afford not to do research before you order. I think it is unethical and piss poor business practice to operate a business this way. Maybe if you email them again and also call once more giving them ample time to reply adding a threat in the mix with reporting them, then they just might take notice and answer you for fear of negative feedback. It won't hurt to try!

I wish you luck and I do hope that you will recieve yr purchase soon. I am so sorry this has happened with you, but now I believe in the future if they do decide to contact you that it is safe to say no more business with them. They will think again loosing a customer how to treat the next potential customer.

LadyChe

This is a good time to remind EVERYONE that you should only make online purchases with a credit card, or via paypal - where at least you havr some sort of financial recourse.

Sorry for your loss OP.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Your Cheeziness

Wow, did they not even provide an email saying the order has shipped or anything? I'm assuming from your post that you haven't heard anything back since placing your order.

ChristyLove

Update: It is now 3 weeks after I placed the order, and the owner has not yet contacted me. I am now working with my bank to stop payment, and also with the BBB. To everyone, I just wanted to give you the heads up, to not deal with this unethical "company". To the first commenter on the thread, I thought my intentions were genuine, as I did not want anyone on this board to be scammed by the company. So for you to make light of my situation did not sit well with me.:ohwell: Anyways, happy growing to all!:spinning: