Wanna Texlax my Natural Hair Need Advice

wyldcurlz

i'm really considering texlaxing my problem area - my roots/halo. is it possible to texlax just the roots? i luv that i'm natural - only because 10+ years ago when i had my last relaxer, my hair didn't tolerate it well, i probably didn't know how to care for my hair properly either...and maybe the ingredients aren't as good as they are today. right now my hair is natural and no matter what i try, the roots will not lay down flat. i'll probably weave it while i grow it out from jBSL (just touching bra strap length) :) to bBSL (bottom of bra strap length) or longer.

is it possible to texlax only the roots? or do they have to get in there more? is there a brand that's better for texlaxing than others?

or is there an easier better way to lay-down my roots? argh!

Casarela

neve heard of that , sorry hun. Ive heard of people texturizing certain parts that are coarser of their hair when they have multiple textures but the roots..nope :(

Dannibear86

i'm not positive but u could probably use the techniques that most use when they do a touchup... They coat/saturate the hair with an oil/serum/condish so that that relaxer can't penetrate and then go about relaxing the ng which is generally a few inches at the roots.. I'm texlaxed but probably more so than you wish to be. From what I hear just about any mild form of a relaxer will get you texlaxed... or If you use a regular strength relaxer don't leave it on the hair longer than 10mins... I hope this helps in some way

brucebettye

I am texlaxed, but I only relax my hair twice a year. So when I want to lay my roots down I section my hair(not perfectly) into 3 or 4 sections then I first apply moisturizer and next gel on the roots and lay them down(like if you are doing a relaxer). I do not brush my hair I just use my fingers to lay them down. Or you can try this with a heavy oil like castor oil and this might also work. You can try this before you texlax to see if this works for you.

Jenn22588

My hair is usually pretty big after detangling. I usually co-wash after rinsing out the conditioner I used to detangle and leave some of the conditioner in. Also I add some gel while my hair is still dripping wet. If I'm putting my hair up I tie it down with a scarf until I'm ready to go.

lashannasmall

Be careful with texlaxing. The chems are permenant. Your roots will grow out and you will start to have areas in your hair that are straighter then the others if that makes sense. Your roots don't stay your roots. Your hair grows. Also, if you are not careful with overlapping or if you overprocess, you will have to start over growing your natural hair. It is not something to take lightly. I texlaxed the front of my hair one time to get it to lay down and that hair was straighter and stringier and I wind up having to cut it.

MAMATO

Have you ever tried NTM Silk touch leave-in on dry hair and a silk scarf. In 15 min you can have the roots very flat...hope that helps

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

is it possible to texlax only the roots? or do they have to get in there more? is there a brand that's better for texlaxing than others?

or is there an easier better way to lay-down my roots? argh!

I wouldn't recommend it. If you decide to texlax, try Silk Elements Lye in Mild and leave it on for 5 -7 min. only while smoothing all the hair. You could just try something like a ayurvedic aritha/shikakai/amla/bhringraj soap to wash, some deep conditioning mask and Chi Silk Infusion or castor oil then bind the hair wet in a ponytail to flatten roots.

Jenn22588

I wouldn't recommend it. If you decide to texlax, try Silk Elements Lye in Mild and leave it on for 5 -7 min. only while smoothing all the hair. You could just try something like a ayurvedic aritha/shikakai/amla/bhringraj soap to wash, some deep conditioning mask and Chi Silk Infusion or castor oil then bind the hair wet in a ponytail to flatten roots.

I've never used Silk Elements but definately use lye relaxer in mild. No lye kit relaxers will mess up your hair and cause breakage. Also if you comb it through use a big comb like a shower comb otherwise it will get too straight.