Wanakee Pugh former owner of Verifen Complex Hair Products now known as Hairoil.com

coilykinks

I was surfing the net and began thinking about Wanakee and her products. I wish she had continued on with her hair care line, but I know life changes and people move on to new challenges.

Anyway, I know from time to time some of you ladies have posted comments about whatever happened to Wanakee. Well, she's an artist now and her hair is still long and beautiful. Here's a recent video of her being interviewed about her art work. She seems like a really nice person and that is what makes her so beautiful to me. Here's the link;

http://www.vimeo.com/3321820

Wanakee also has a myspace page and facebook page.

http://www.myspace.com/wanakeepugh

http://www.facebook.com/people/Wanakee-Pugh/1164001293

Art World Chicago Page:

http://site.artworldchicago.com/community/member.php?u=745

Her personal website (displaying her art work);

http://wanakeepugh.com/Artist.asp?ArtistID=23436&Akey=4J924LTX

On a side not has anyone recently ordered anything from hairoil.com. I wanted to order some items but the website looks abandoned.

mscocoface

Re: Wanakee Pugh former owner of Verifen Complex Hair Products now known as Hairoil.

Love her art I could totally understand when she said she just sat there and tears started streaming down her face looking at the artwork.

Sometimes art just does that too you.

Thanks for posting these other links. I had not seen some of them.

taz007

Re: Wanakee Pugh former owner of Verifen Complex Hair Products now known as Hairoil.

Wow. She is just beautiful! I just watched her video promoting her art and she is just so ... so ... serene.

I love her spirit.

winnettag

I know there's at least one member here that still uses her products. Hopefully she'll see this thread.

Ronnieaj

Very nice painting and video she did. She seems like a lovely person. Of course I can't remember our member's name, but I know she bows down to the Verifen Complex.

tkj25

whoa this is a refreshing find. thanks for the links:) wanakee continues to be one of my inspirations ... i still have her practical guide for hair, lol, from '94.:drunk: her art & hair look amazing. :grin::grin::grin:

Almaz

I love her products and I still use them myself especially the detangler when I comb my nieces hair

coilykinks

When was the last time you purchased from the http://www.hairoil.com/ .

I love the detangler as well and the hair oil. Thanks for responding.

Saffirejuiliet

This is my first time seeing a video of the infamous Wanakee. She is a beautiful woman both inside and out. Her artwork is very beautiful and expressive as well. Thanks OP for finding info on her.

Barbara

Princess

I know there's at least one member here that still uses her products. Hopefully she'll see this thread.

Could you be referring to me? If so, I'm here!

Last edited:

Barbara

Princess

Very nice painting and video she did. She seems like a lovely person. Of course I can't remember our member's name, but I know she bows down to the Verifen Complex.

:grin: Yes, I worship the two companies that manufacture and sell this product line. :lachen: :lachen: In fact, last month I just called the former president who bought the company from Wanakee. He's now a consultant.

Also, years ago, I spoke to Wanakee while placing an order.

This product line definitely turned my hair around--to the surprise of my stylist. It left all of his products "in the dust!" :superbanana: This is indeed my holy grail! :superbanana:

Last edited:

coilykinks

:grin: Yes, I worship the two companies that manufacture and sell this product line. :lachen: :lachen: In fact, last month I just called the former president who bought the company from Wanakee. He's now a consultant.

Also, years ago, I spoke to Wanakee while placing an order.

This product line definitely turned my hair around--to the surprise of my stylist. It left all of his products "in the dust!" :superbanana: This is indeed my holy grail! :superbanana:

So I am assuming this website is still ok to place orders? I read some older post after doing a search that the phone number did not work and the owner who purchased the company from Wanakee was no longer running the company and the owner after him wasn't running the company to well. Please let me know if I can still place an order with hairoil.com, either through their website or by phone. Thanks a million!

Thann

I love her artwork, she's very talented.

coilykinks

I love her artwork, she's very talented.

I agree, her art work is beautiful. She would also be a good talk show host, she has a really pleasant voice.

Last edited:

Angelicus

She is so beautiful and talented. The video posted really proves that if you have a dream that turns into a vision, you can do anything! And her hair is so long, gorgeous, as always.

What does she not know how to do?

ILYandY

Wow, I remember her from years ago she is still beautiful! I never order anything from the site because I felt the reviews were not legit and as for Wanakee I felt she was just their poster child.

Lucky's Mom

How wonderful..... What a beautiful woman - inside and out. Thanks for sharing!

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!

Oooo! Thank you for this post. I have spoken to Wanakee as well. I spoke to her years ago when she still owned Verifen products and just recently to confirm her address at her studio. She was very polite and professional.

She was and is my greatest inspiration for hair growth. I also still have her original pamphlet in black and white. She still has thick, waist length hair.

BrooklynSouth

Oooo! Thank you for this post. I have spoken to Wanakee as well. I spoke to her years ago when she still owned Verifen products and just recently to confirm her address at her studio. She was very polite and professional.

She was and is my greatest inspiration for hair growth. I also still have her original pamphlet in black and white. She still has thick, waist length hair.[/quote]

'Nuff said right there! Just wanted to add..no....I will not be ordering her products but her tips are all right here on LHCF..protection, clean hair and scalp, deep cons, and patience.

Last edited:

lynnstar

She was and is my greatest inspiration for hair growth. I also still have her original pamphlet in black and white. She still has thick, waist length hair.

I still have that old pamphlet too (thought it was just me)

India*32

Wow,

I had learned about Wanakee back in 1999. If my behind would have stuck to the plan, I would have had WL by now. She always spoke of three things:

1. Protect the ends
2. Oil the hair and in particularly the ends
3. Take time to care for hair and be very gentle detangling hair.

If I had listened...'
Well, she looks amazing and follows her heart and does believe in change.

I still use her shampoo and moisture emphasis conditioner.

I'm about to order some more.

India

:bdance:

Barbara

Princess

So I am assuming this website is still ok to place orders? I read some older post after doing a search that the phone number did not work and the owner who purchased the company from Wanakee was no longer running the company and the owner after him wasn't running the company to well. Please let me know if I can still place an order with hairoil.com, either through their website or by phone. Thanks a million!

I was told last month by the former president that it's okay to order products from the website and phone and that the e-mail address is "back in service."

Barbara

Princess

Wow, I remember her from years ago she is still beautiful! I never order anything from the site because I felt the reviews were not legit and as for Wanakee I felt she was just their poster child.

It's okay to be skeptical. Strangers, coworkers, relatives and friends have questioned me about my hair to the point of checking my scalp with their fingers.

My coworker thought I was lying even though my stylist had just trimmed four inches off last February (back to bra clasp). I had my hair in a bun and took it down for her to see; because months earlier, she kept making comments on how my bun looked as if it was attached to the back of my hair. She was in disbelief!!! :blush: Then she had the audacity to perform her own extensive weave check on my hair two months later--even to the point of yanking it :blush: and checking it thoroughly as if she was turning pages in a book. I was caught totally off guard!

She still was shocked, but she believed me this time; because once again, there was nothing but my natural pressed hair growing from my scalp. :yep: She now makes comments on how it's growing out.

Just to assure you that I'm living proof that her products are legitimate, as well as my "quoted comment" from my letters and pictures. Also, the products were customized specifically for her hair. All the information was included in her booklet, and it's posted on the website.

Some were quite concerned about the prices plus shipping, so they didn't order the merchandise. It's extremely concentrated; a little goes a long way.

Last edited:

Swanky

Ahhh well, thanks for the latest on Wanakee! I no longer use her products, however, her concept of hair care stuck with me, I believe this is where I really started paying attention to my hair. It's always refreshing getting updates on her. Yes, I too have saved her little black & white booklet. Amazing!

Ronnieaj

I too have her black and white booklet! She makes so much sense, even the grow, grow, grow, trim. I just space my growing out much longer than she suggested!!:grin: