Wait Just a Minute! S Curl + Humidity= Soft Hair

Adaj

Hi Ladies!!! I have been using S-Curl for about a month and half now, and my hair felt soft when I used it. I mean, it felt better than what it was feeling before using S-Curl...can we say DRY?! Anyway, last week in my area, it was humid as all hell outside, and my hair felt :lick::lick::lick:...it felt EXTRA, SUPER DUPER SOFT with the S Curl :yep:. Now, this week, it's cold, and it's not humid...just dry air, and now I'm back to just plain ol' semi-soft/soft hair...what in the world do I need to do to get that EXTRA, SUPER DUPER SOFT hair back?! Lemme find out I need to buy a humidifier or something!:lol:

Last edited:
I'm a newbie but from what I've been reading, I think S-Curl's second ingredient is glycerin which attracts moisture from the air (humidity). That's the reason why most people use it during late spring and all summer hence when it's humid. Since you BC'ed recently, I'd say you can co-wash more often or try other natural products maybe shea butter and aloe vera juice or something and baggy every night as well. HTH

bibirockz is right. It is the glycerin. It is a humectant that draws moisture from the air and therefore works at its optimumlevel in humid conditions as opposed to dry where it can dry the hair out.

Back