Volcanic Ash

VALLEYGIRL

Does anyone know the benefits of this ingredient in hair products?

I was chatting with a young lady at Whole Foods one day who had the most gorgeous butt length curly hair. She was mixed with a bunch of different ethnicities and had 3b hair and she said Volcanic ash was a good ingredient to look for.

My question is what does it do for your hair? I didn't have time to ask her or even tell her about this board. she was definitely into hair though.

But back to my original question...Volcanic ash? does anyone know? I know it is high in sulphur and that's about it. Couldn't find much online either.

Valleygirl

Hi Amethyst /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Are you using it as a conditioner? How often and long do you leave it on your hair?

Hi Hairfanatic /images/graemlins/wave.gif

I use it as a conditioner. I the pack in a pot for 1-2min. I don't use the micowave,(because I heard and believe that the microwave destroys nutrient content.) Then I just slather it on for 30min or so. It hardens on your hair, but after I rinse with warm water, my hair is very soft to the touch /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hth,
Amethsyt

Amethyst those deadsea products are fantastic! Very nourishing indeed! Thanks for the links ladies
smile.gif

Thanks Dionne for the information. Unfortunately I will order next week. If any of you ladies happen to run into a homeless lady with ankle-length, 4/b hair on the streets of Chicago, it'll be me! Because I'm going to be homeless with long tresses buying all these products.

But I'm definitely going to try Volcano Ash!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

Valley Girl:

Thanks for the info. on another new product I'll have to buy. I'm getting worse by the day - buying products & supplements left & right! Jesus help me!!!!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Nova said:
Thanks Dionne for the information. Unfortunately I will order next week. If any of you ladies happen to run into a homeless lady with ankle-length, 4/b hair on the streets of Chicago, it'll be me! Because I'm going to be homeless with long tresses buying all these products.

But I'm definitely going to try Volcano Ash!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl, I', right behind ya(on the street..in a different state).
laugh.gif

I never knew this about volcanic ash....

Hey, Valleygirl!

I saw the thread and HAD to look. You brought something to mind for me. Not volcanic ashes, but jaborjandi ashes. There was a lady I knew who was from Memphis. She had the most GORGEOUS jet black hair I think I have ever seen. She was like a 3a...she told me she had been using an oil which included jaborjandi ashes which she said kept her hair so black and so glowing. Her hair was really thick and about waist-length. Jaborjandi is some type of herb and it is extremely high in sulfur and silica.

Amethyst,

With the Ahava products, did you use the actual hair mask or the conditioner? I have been dying to try the hair mask..so expensive. I've know Ahava makes several shampoos.

~Jade~

Hi Jade
wave.gif

Amethyst is relocating to Texas so she is not on the boards. But I remember her saying that she used the mudpack. She posted a sephora link to it. That's the product she used.

I saw the thread and HAD to look. You brought something to mind for me. Not volcanic ashes, but jaborjandi ashes. There was a lady I knew who was from Memphis. She had the most GORGEOUS jet black hair I think I have ever seen. She was like a 3a...she told me she had been using an oil which included jaborjandi ashes which she said kept her hair so black and so glowing. Her hair was really thick and about waist-length. Jaborjandi is some type of herb and it is extremely high in sulfur and silica.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now see...this is the reason why I have so much stuff everywhere. The mere mention of anything that makes the hair grow and I'm all over it. Thanks for this info Jade. You are a gem
smile.gif

***doing a google search on jaborjandi oil
user.gif

Hey Jade, I did a search on the jaborandi ashes and came up with nothing. I did however get some results on the oil. From everything I read from diiferent sites, this stuff is poisonous. However, I did run across a few sites that had it as an ingredient in a haircare products
ohwell.gif

Hi Dionne,
I was curious and went to that website. It mentions however nothing about the hair. Is this the same stuff?
confused.gif

also another product with Volcanic Ash is Millenium Mud reconstructor. You can get it at Sally's.
When I tried it it was almost the consistency of a face clay mask. I felt that it made my hair stronger...I noticed very little breakage after using it.

are these products meant for use on the hair or was this just a pleasant surprise? God bless you all.

azul11 said:
are these products meant for use on the hair or was this just a pleasant surprise? God bless you all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto
smile.gif

I was doing my research on the site and found this thread. Nice one.
About Jaborandi, we use a lot in Brasil in conditioner and shampoo. It makes your hair feel moisturized. It is good for dry scalp.I really don't think is poisoning, when it the right dose.

Back