Vitamin Challenge 2013

MissyB

Checking in! I'm excited to see some pics on Saturday! I don't see much difference in my hair but have gotten so many compliments while I was visiting my sister over the weekend.

jprayze

Starting pic!!!

View attachment 176765

About to run out of biotin...thinking about going over 1000 mcg this time

Quoted my starting pic from all the way back in November. I'm also attaching my length check that I've posted in some other challenges. The left is from February and the right is from earlier in March. So it was about a month between the pics. I'm getting a good inch per month now with consistent vitamin usuage and my hair is thickening up and overall, looking healthier.

Feb to March.jpg

I think I'm on track to reach BSL by June. :yep:

Officially one month into using Maca, I have no changes in my hip (booty) measurements. Actually, it looked like it was a little down. I really need to start doing my exercises because I think that will maximize my efforts. I'm now taking 2/day most days.

Still taking daily:
a generic multi (waiting for this to run out to get something better)
1 calcium/vit D
At least 1 Viviscal/day (sometimes 2)
At least 1 Maca (sometimes 2)
3 fish oils (sometimes I forget these)

Usually have an Amazing Grass smoothie about once a week with vanilla almond milk, 1/2 a banana and 2 maca capsules blended in. I'm also drinking 2-3 Odwalla, bolthouse, or naked smoothie per week.

I think that's my limit...5 vitamin/supplements. Anything beyond that I think I will just be confused.

naturalagain2

Checking in...I've been taking my vitamins and this morning I made another green smoothie (a peanut butter & banana green smoothie w/ kale).

I'm currently in a protective style so I wont be able to do a length check. Here is a comparison from Dec to Feb though:
December 20thDec 20 2012.jpg

February 28th 02-28-2013.jpg

jprayze

Checking in...I've been taking my vitamins and this morning I made another green smoothie (a peanut butter & banana green smoothie w/ kale).

I'm currently in a protective style so I wont be able to do a length check. Here is a comparison from Dec to Feb though:
December 20th

February 28th

Nice growth!!!

sounbeweavable

I've been lurking and participating for a month, but I just subscribed today and here's my regimen:
A multivitamin
10000 biotin
2000 msm
1000 to 2000 evening primrose oil
1000 odorless garlic

sounbeweavable

Thanks! My hair is so short (mostly my own doing b/c I cut it short frequently), but I'm trying to grow it out. Let's see if I can get a healthy head of SL hair before I grab the scissors again lol.

jprayze

Anyone taking or have taken fenugreek? I'm looking at it for my blood sugar. My recent lab tests are puting me close to prediabetic and I don't even want to be 'pre'.

AllyMD

Ok, here are my March check in pictures, although I will admit, they aren't the best :-(. The first set are in December when both of my shoulders were dislocated. So, reaching behind to show my length wasn't a possibility. Hopefully, with the March pictures and onward, I'll show a more accurate length. Still on course with all my vitamins!

image-557294993.jpg

This is December

image-3104496535.jpg

This is March

JC-Junkie

Hey there, I have a question about chlorella and spirulina. I have both and would like to know if for example the daily dosage for chlorella is 12 a day and I am also taking spirulina do I still have to take 12 chlorella a day as well as the spirulina or can I take half of that which is 6 and also 6 spirulina a day because of its similar nutrient profile ?

EDA: Maybe I will just take a few less of each because somtimes chlorella is higher in one particular nutrient than spirulina and vice versa. I guess its about getting the balance right :yep:

TIA and HHG too :grin: !

Last edited:

Lexsmarie

Ok.... I am not as discipline on my vitamins as I am with my workout but I am trying. I probably gain an 1/2" inch in 3 months (dust the ends in February). I am not impressed with Priveta Vitamins and after I am done with the bottles, I'm going back to Viviscal.

Below is my quarterly update. Until next time, HHG everyone.

03-30-2013 comparison.jpg

SincerelyBeautiful

Ok.... I am not as discipline on my vitamins as I am with my workout but I am trying. I probably gain an 1/2" inch in 3 months (dust the ends in February). I am not impressed with Priveta Vitamins and after I am done with the bottles, I'm going back to Viviscal.

Below is my quarterly update. Until next time, HHG everyone.

Your hair looks thick and healthy. Great progress chick!!!

freckledface

Not the best comparison pic. As you can see I've moved my bra a little bit. Still happy with my results though :) happy easter yall

Attachments

• PicsArt_1364701727018.jpg
    PicsArt_1364701727018.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

heirloom

Because I was silly I forgot to take a starting pic. So a picture of my new growth from my last relaxer which was on the 12th of Feb will have to suffice for now. The piece that I'm holding is about 4.5 cm. it's the longest bit of new growth I have. The rest is on average 2cm although its hard to tell because most of my curls don't clump. I've also just taken a pic of my hair for the next update so I should be able to do a proper comparison.

Attachments

• image-1610044395.jpg
    image-1610044395.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 32
  • image-769389321.jpg
    image-769389321.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 41

MissyB

Here are my length check pics. I've been consistent with my vitamins.

Pic #1 is my starting pic (or maybe one taken a day or two later). Fresh TU.

Pic #2 was taken last Saturday, I'm right in front -- can't see my face, but you can see the length.

Pic #'s 3 and 4 were taken about 5 minutes ago. I went to a stylist on Friday and let her do a "dusting". :nono:

Sorry about my muscle back :blush:, the stripes on my shirt would have made it hard to see the hair in the pic clearly.

Attachments

• March 2013.jpg
    March 2013.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 3.23.13.jpg
    3.23.13.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 34
  • 3.31.13 length check after cut.jpg
    3.31.13 length check after cut.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 3.31.13.jpg
    3.31.13.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 29

deedoswell

Here is my LC for March 30th. I think I may have gotten about and inch - but only with my longest layer. Just barely touching BSL. I had a lot of shedding last month so hopefully once that is under control I can grow and retain more.

Attachments

• user349463_pic119851_1356907685_thumb.jpg
    user349463_pic119851_1356907685_thumb.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 19
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 15