Vitale Mild relaxer lye or Hawaiian Silky Mild lye

angeleyez04

This might be a bit long but i will try to keep it straight to the point. So here goes, I read great reviews on silk elements mild lye and i decided i wanted to give it a try however i was in school and there was no sally's around. So i had a friend buy me some and send it to me and i figured when i went back home to the bronx i would go to sally's and stuck up, oh boy was i wrong. So it turns out i cannot find a sally's around and the feasiblity of keeping silk elements as my staple relaxer is not great since we can't order online. So i have decided i want to choose between hawaiian silky mild and vitale mild both lye but i need your help guys and oh there is something up with the search engine because I KNOW someone here must have reviews on these products but i could not find them, I had read a couple on hawaiian silky in the past but i dont remember much...anyhow about my hair, its short and very thin currently using MT and OCT to help with that, it relaxes quite easily and it is color treated( jet black rinses only) ...so thats it guys what do you recommend I need responses ASAP...Thanks and have a wonderful christmas!

hopeful

I have used both. Most recently I was using the Vitale Mild on my daughter and I could only find the big container. I found that it seemed to go "bad" after awhile, maybe I should have put it in the refrigerator? I have been using Hawaiian Silky mild on myself and now on my daughter as well. I like it a lot and it comes in a small container, it's a little bigger though than the Silk Elements container which is nice for people like me and my daughter who have thick hair. So, I would vote for the Hawaiian Silky.

luckiestdestiny

For some reason her link isn't working. If you want to look her up and check out her fokti for her updated progress her name is aliajp

Her hair is around waist length now and she's used it for almost two years. There are a few others, but can't think of them off the top of my head.

ajoyfuljoy

I use that HS thanks to recommedations from Gym. That stuff texlaxes perfectly (ask me how I know, lol) or relaxes bone straight. You just gotta figure out the proper application time.

I burned only b/c of silly mistakes. Will be using again!

hopeful

Hawaiian silky is more consistent for me. Its actually made by the same company that makes vitale.

Really? Gymfreak, I love that you always know little details like that. I also have not burned at all with the HS and I don't base anymore:blush:, just around my hairline (face/ears/neck, etc). I used to base my entire head, with HS for some reason that is not necessary.

ETA: To add on to Luckiestdestiny's comments, Lauren450 (now Southernbella I think) used Vitale when she was relaxed and her was/is really lovely. I think SouthernGirl did too (I believe she's transitioning now). Both relaxers are gentle and nice IMO. The only relaxers I found to be just terrible were Motions and TCB. I also had a terrible experience with Mizani but a lot of ladies love that one.

Last edited:

PatTodd

I use Vitale regular (and add olive oil) for texlaxing and have been very satisfied. I even kept half of it (with the oil mixed in) for many months until my next texlax and it didn't seem to go "bad" for me.

rawsilk

After a lot of research (lurking), I used Hawaiian Silky No-Base (Lye!!) Mild followed immediately by Vitale Revitalizer Protein Conditioner (before neutralizing)-- never been happier. I got a little timid re ends (6 years natural growth) and had to correct 2 weeks later but happy, happy, happy!!!!