Veiled Disguises - Book Awareness - "Conversation with God"

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
More Research Results. This man is completely out of his mind...:nono:

Look at these excepts from his books:

This is crazy...:confused: God never said any of this :nono:. This is utter foolishnes and lies.
I can't believe what I'm reading and that it was put on the best seller list...:nono:

I also noticed how he is 'mixing' some of God's true principles with his crazy 'untrue' philosophies, such as this statement below....

God is the All
(now this statement is most true, for God is all).

But look what he adds,
and the Goddess is everything, and there is nothing else that is; (92)
Ummmmm, 'Goddess' ??????? :nono: :nono: :nono:

I'm still researching online and I'll post more as I find it.

Lord have mercy. We have to sit with our families and have our own conversations with God together in prayer and conversations OF God which are true and undisputed. We can't trust our children to be under the influence of this world's system of education. It's too dangerous.
God bless all of you... :love3:

Last edited:

Keen

interesting.... I've always wonder what was in that book. I know a few people who read it. Now I have to ask their opinions.

Shimmie

Staff member
interesting.... I've always wonder what was in that book. I know a few people who read it. Now I have to ask their opinions.
:hiya: Hi Keen.... :giveheart: Thanks for sharing.

I hope the opinions of all who've read this man's books line up with God's word. If not...they've got a whole lot of praying to do to line up with God's truth and not man's distortions of it.

Take care darlin' and please come back to share. :yep:

Nice & Wavy

You are right...this is deception to a high degree. satan knows that if he can infiltrate the mind of the little children, then he can manipulate via the children, a changed worldview. His thinking stinks.

More Research Results. This man is completely out of his mind...:nono:

Look at these excepts from his books:

This is crazy...:confused: God never said any of this :nono:. This is utter foolishnes and lies.
I can't believe what I'm reading and that it was put on the best seller list...:nono:

I also noticed how he is 'mixing' some of God's true principles with his crazy 'untrue' philosophies, such as this statement below....

(now this statement is most true, for God is all).

But look what he adds, Ummmmm, 'Goddess' ??????? :nono: :nono: :nono:

I'm still researching online and I'll post more as I find it.

Lord have mercy. We have to sit with our families and have our own conversations with God together in prayer and conversations OF God which are true and undisputed. We can't trust our children to be under the influence of this world's system of education. It's too dangerous.
God bless all of you... :love3:

Shimmie

Staff member
You are right...this is deception to a high degree. satan knows that if he can infiltrate the mind of the little children, then he can manipulate via the children, a changed worldview. His thinking stinks.
You know what Wavy? I'm going to make it a point to have an open daily discussion with my babies, allowing them to share what they are hearing from other children and what they are being taught in school and who from.

From there, it gets lined up with God's word. Home is where my babies are going to have a more solid foundation so that when they go out and 'hear'/see this mess, they will know that it's not right.

I'm ticked off about this now, because I really do not appreciate that the schools / government had a big fuss about school prayer, yet they turn around and incorporate this mess into the school's curriculum.

Here in Maryland, (Montgomery County) they have actually initiated the process of teaching 5 year olds that homosexual families are the norm.

Tick, tick, tick, ticked off...I am about this mess. Uggggggg. Now I can be called Righteously angry.... :mad:

Pray for me, sis....:drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

Nice & Wavy

You know what Wavy? I'm going to make it a point to have an open daily discussion with my babies, allowing them to share what they are hearing from other children and what they are being taught in school and who from.

From there, it gets lined up with God's word. Home is where my babies are going to have a more solid foundation so that when they go out and 'hear'/see this mess, they will know that it's not right.

I'm ticked off about this now, because I really do not appreciate that the schools / government had a big fuss about school prayer, yet they turn around and incorporate this mess into the school's curriculum.

Here in Maryland, (Montgomery County) they have actually initiated the process of teaching 5 year olds that homosexual families are the norm.

Tick, tick, tick, ticked off...I am about this mess. Uggggggg. Now I can be called Righteously angry.... :mad:

Pray for me, sis....:drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

From your thread Shimmie, I had a really good talk this past weekend with my granddaughter about this. I thank God every single day that her parents have put her in a Christian school where not only is she getting a great education, but solid Christian foundation as well. You can't have one without the other.

I do understand how righteously angry you are....so am I. My prayer this past weekend was soley around this topic. I prayed with my granddaughter that she will be able to discern the books she reads and that she will have the understanding of which ones are right and which are wrong. She is a little prayer warrior herself and she agreed with me. She is such a smart 7 year old. We can never underestimate the power of children, for when they have grasped ahold of the plan of God, they do run with it!!!

I will pray for you and I KNOW you are praying for me too!!!:yep:

Luv ya!

melodee

My daughter came home from public school and told me that she and a friend voiced that they were offended by a science video they watched that refuted the bible. At first I felt really mad/sad that she had to go through this, but later I had to cheer and feel proud that she knew enough to stand up for her faith. And that there was at least one other who did as well.

There was no one standing with me when I went through a recent training/schooling when the topics offended me.

firecracker

Conversation with God has been out for awhile. I started reading it when I was pregnant with my daughter. Couldn't finish it and gave it away. I didn't has a relationship with the Lord then but I knew no one has had a conversation like that with the lord.
I ordered this book about 7 years ago and couldn't get past the intro. He's full of it!

sweetkita4

Melodee, I too am glad for a heads up and an awareness.

Jesus made it so 'simple' to believe in Him and to have faith. Yet there are so many 'methods' that the world has 'invented' which are distractions from the realness of God. That's the focus of the enemy, to distract us and get us off track of what God has already done for us on the Cross.

Regarding 'Chicken Soup', they have so many versions out there, "for teens, children, wives, husbands, they have desk calendars (a message for each day), and sadly, I see these books listed among Christian literature. I used to buy the desk calandars, then I stopped not realizing why. Later I learned more about the author.

The problem is that they've taken God's word and his principles and added/changed them to justify / disguise their messages which conflict with God's pure word.

We're being called to vigilance, not only to the obvious, but to the seemingly innocent. The thing is, what we would not dare partake of ourselves, it's being presented to our children and family members who are not as aware as we are.

WAIT!! What's wrong with the Chicken Soup books?:look:

chicacanella

I was just reading about this the other day. This girl wanted to know God and was using this book. I am very surprised you brought this up. Yes, this book is not of God and as Christians, we should always check everything against what the bible tells us and the holy spirit.

Here is the testimony from a young woman from Asia:

False Voices

Posted August 26th, 2007 by michael

Freedom from Bondage

Personal note: Do you ever hate your life? I do, and I hate it for more than 3/4 of my life…and it was only until I was born again that I began to appreciate my life. The joy of God’s love replaces my empty feeling with a sense of purpose. Isn’t it great that God is a God of love? Can you imagine the alternative? Isn’t God great? Of course he is! My praise to God!
"God, how can you allow such horrible things to happen to me? All I wanted... all I wanted was to find you. What did I do wrong?
How could you repay my desperate search for you with seven months of living in darkness!" I cried one day most self-righteously when I first discovered that the spirit who spoke to me for the past seven months was but an evil spirit disguised as God to deceive and lead me astray. He was not God at all.

I was born as Singaporean Chinese in the Year 1983, into a Taoist family. I was automatically made me a Taoist by birth. I was a big troublemaker since I was a baby, crying endlessly, and refusing to allow anyone to carry me except those people whose faces I recognize. As such, my grandmother suggested bringing me to a fortune- teller to see my fortune, and my mother agreed, worried for my future. The fortuneteller told my mother that I was an unlucky sort of baby, and most probably would not live past the age of 21 years old, unless I do not celebrate my birthdays for seven years. My mother followed what he said, and thus I never celebrated my birthday for the seven years of my life. Feeling still very unsafe over my future, my mother brought me to a Taoist temple and dedicated me as the adopted daughter of the Goddess of Mercy, one of the Chinese god in the Taoist religion. All these of course were kept as a secret from me for a long period of time. I do not know why, but from as young as the age of eleven years old, I was a very negative child, who do not desire to live long. I always have this belief that I will die before the age of 21. Since I believe I will die young, I dedicate my young life into indulging in pleasures. Why not enjoy myself in this life, since I might die just any time in my life, thought the young me, and so that was how I lived my life when I was a child. My first suicide attempt was at the age of 11. After being unjustly slapped by my father, I intended to kill myself to make him regret for life. My mother foiled the attempt. Being a shy and reserve girl in school, I do not have any friend and thus, was a lonely and sad girl who always wishes that someday I might just cease to exist.

I was also quite against Christianity, always siding with my Buddhist uncle to counter-attack all attempts by my Christian aunt, one of the only two Christians in my entire family, to share about Jesus. My knowledge of Jesus was very limited. I only knew him to be the weird guy that hanged on the cross, and my young perception of the church was very terrible. Whenever my dad drove me home, and we passed by a church, I would shudder just to see the cross on top of the church. To me, who then, had no idea what Christianity is, a church is a place that breeds Draculas. After all, my only contact with a church was the many Draculas' shows I watch as a child. Therefore, the church to me was a terrible place where horrible monsters such as Draculas roam about in freedom. So, when my aunt brought me to her church to watch her Christian concert one-day, I was very reluctant. I was thinking about Draculas. Yet, I found no Draculas in the church. Eventually, I assured my young heart that Draculas appear only in shows, not in real life. We seat ourselves at the many benches in the Church, and the show began. It was a touching story about a virgin giving birth to a baby. During the whole performance, my eyes were glued to the actors and actress in the shows, and a feeling of peace entered into my little heart, a feeling I will never forget for the rest of my life. For a moment, I lost track of my fear; Draculas simply vanished from my mind as I watched the birth of this little baby. I was somehow touched in my heart by the show. After the show, I asked my mother many questions about Jesus, which she just answered briefly, being a non-Christian herself. That was my earliest and only true contact with Jesus during the period when I was a child, and it is important because it makes Church less frightening to me, and also destroys much of my hostile feeling towards Christianity.

As I proceed to become a teenager, my negative feeling about living in this world intensified. I desire... to die. To vanish from this world. To cease to exist. I completely lose faith in humanity by the hypocrisy of everyone I see around me. I was very rebellious. I was always shouting and yelling with my parents, both of whom I thought do not love me. I hate the world I live in. I hate myself. I hate school. I hate everything around me, including everybody. My teachers hate me, too and always drove me to tears by their speech. My classmates reject me. In school, it was hell. I dread school. But home...was it any better? Absolutely no! I faced a mum that told me everyday how disappointed she was with a daughter that was always doing badly in her school examinations. I faced a father that I never spoke to, since I first began Secondary School (High school). I faced a sister that despised and looked down on me. Everywhere... it was the same, it was hell to me, and I wanted to die. My world is a miserable world, where I am all alone, the target of everyone's hate.
I was disgusted with myself, and also with the whole of mankind after reading about wars and atrocities, as well as witness with my own eyes the hypocrisy of my teachers and classmates in school. At this point in time, I had already long lost faith in my Taoist god, and was believing in an unknown God, whom I believe was the one true God, but whom I do not know come from which religion. There were so many religions in this world, and how can I know for sure where he comes from? The truth is, I do not know, and I was lost and confused. Somehow, I started to mess with the occults, surf satanic websites, consult guardian angels and prayed to the devil once in a while for favor. I started to indulge in seeking pleasure through Japanese anime, comic books and collecting cards. While my pleasures were highly intensified, my emptiness... grows. Empty! Empty! Empty!

I feel so empty! Why... why... why do I feel so empty? God, where are you? Who are you? Where do you come from? Why am I so empty? God, can you tell me? Can... you tell me? Will someone tell me WHY I am feeling so damn empty!

Silence screams roamed and traveled in my heart, but no one could give me an answer, no one wants to give me an answer. My feeling of emptiness... a lack of meaning to my life... strengthens my desire to die. I... want to die! Somehow, I do not know why, but somehow, at this empty period of my life, my attachment to the Christian God grows. Somehow, he seems to be very similar to the unknown God I pray to. But I cannot be a Christian. My mum won't allow me, and so I never became a Christian through the whole period of my Secondary years, even though that desire was strong. In the Year 2000, I went to a junior college, and it was there that I met this girl Jia Yan who was thinking about becoming a Christian. Feeling positive about Christianity, I highly encouraged her to be one. She was convinced and not later, she was converted, and she told me about her wonderful conversion. I was jealous of her, thinking why she could be a Christian while I was searching harder for God than her. (I was a very self-righteous person in the past.) Jia Yan brought Jie Yin, the one who converted her to my school. Jie Yin started to talk to me about Jesus. I was very interested by what she said except when she told me that now Jia Yan believe in Christ, Jia Yan was spiritually higher than me, something I strongly disagree. However, when Jie Yin wanted to lead me to Christ, I agree and she led me through the sinner's prayer. And I prayed to God as she led me. I successfully prayed through the sinner's prayer.

For some, their success stories or testimonies joyfully end here. Mine do not. For the first few months, I was happy as a Christian, desiring truly nothing in the world, but after a while, I was back to my own self, again. I went back to consulting guardian angels, began to surf Satanic websites on how to conjure spells etc, and continue to satisfy my pleasures by reading about the occults.
Eventually, my empty feeling came back once again, swallowing away every joy I might derive from my pleasures. I pursue and pursue pleasures, one of which is the writing of stories. Such pleasures bring me away from the real world into a world of fantasy, where I interact with make-believe characters who satisfy the lonely feeling in my heart, and they give me so much pleasures that I temporarily lost tract of the deep empty feeling in my heart. But like I said, such pleasures were temporal, and whether I like it or not, I was soon brought back to reality.... the reality that I still does not understand what is lacking in my life.

Last edited:

chicacanella

One day, I came across a new age book called, \"Conversation with God\" by Mr. Walsh, but I did not knew it was a new age book. I thought it was a Christian book. Mr. Walsh claimed that while writing some questions down on a piece of paper, \"God\" answered him and he was inspired to write down the replies \"God\" gave him. That was how he communicated with \"God\". I decided to try it out.

I started to write a letter that goes something similar to this. “God, I read a book written by Walsh on communicating with God, and if it is true, can you answer me. God, are you there?” I prayed very sincerely. No response. I waited a while, and the pen started to move. I wrote the word, “Yes”. And thus, I started to have a conversation with “God”. From communication through pen, this \"God\" started to communicate with me eventually through my thoughts. He was able to speak to me, by conveying his voices through my thoughts, and I in turn reply to him back either through my lips or my thoughts. I was completely deceived that he was God, and started to listen to him in everything he tells me. He kept telling me how much he loves me, and I was deceived soon into loving him back. He told me many truths, which made me even more convinced that he is God, and then he started to lie to me. But I believe in all of his lies.

This is just an excerpt:If you want to read the whole story go to christian-faith.com or I will post it for you.

Shimmie

Staff member
:wave: Hi Chica thank you for sharing this article.... However, this site has several things which I find troubling...

http://www.christian-faith.com/forjesus/user/michael

1. Each page that I navigated has ads that defend homosexuality. Why would a Christian website have that on it's site? ? ? ? ? That's not good at all. :nono:

2. The text is distorted, it overlaps other text.

3. I wasn't able to find the article you posted to finish reading the writer's experience. Did this person surrender to Jesus completely or falter?

4. I'm not able to determine if this website is of true Christian faith. The ads are very deceptive in representation of true Christianity.

chicacanella

:wave: Hi Chica thank you for sharing this article.... However, this site has several things which I find troubling...

1. Each page that I navigated has ads that defend homosexuality. Why would a Christian website have that on it's site? ? ? ? ? That's not good at all. :nono:

3. I wasn't able to find the article you posted to finish reading the writer's experience. Did this person surrender to Jesus completely or falter?

4. I'm not able to determine if this website is of true Christian faith. The ads are very deceptive in representation of true Christianity.

Oh, wow. I never see any ads when I go on there. Let me go and check again. The text is never distorted either. Oh, yes they did. I will post the rest of the testimony. I take everything with a grain of salt and compare it to the Word of God, even the testimonies on this site. But many of them I find to be true.

chicacanella

I apologize Shimmie but that wasn't the link I gave you cause nothing comes up at all. But the site is christian-faith.com and then you would go to "True Stories of God at Work" and then Asia testimonies.

I think those ads are google ads that people just put in words like Christian, Jesus, etc. and then the ads are selected for them.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
I apologize Shimmie but that wasn't the link I gave you cause nothing comes up at all. But the site is christian-faith.com and then you would go to "True Stories of God at Work" and then Asia testimonies.

I think those ads are google ads that people just put in words like Christian, Jesus, etc. and then the ads are selected for them.

Thanks Chica... I figured that these are 'floating' ads. They change each time a new page or topic is selected on the site.

This is what I originally clicked on last night; it's from the heading of the story you posted ...

False Voices

Posted August 26th, 2007 by michael

Freedom from Bondage

I clicked on 'michael' which linked me to the website. I'll try the web address you just posted. I'm guessing that it is www.christian-faith.com

And thanks again, Chica Angel... you are an angel indeed :giveheart:

With the Internet, we can expect almost anything to pop up...for real. :yep: