Veiled Disguises - Book Awareness - "Conversation with God"

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
My Pastor received this message from a friend and shared it with us.

If you have children or grandchildren, work with children at church, or
you have neighborhood children whose parents you know, please take note of
the information below and pass it along to others. Schools are distributing
this book to children through the Scholastic Book Club.

The name of the book is Conversations with God..

James Dobson talked about this book twice this week. It is devastating. Parents, churches and Christian schools need to be aware of it. Please pass this information on to church/e-mail addressees, Parents, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, friends.

Please pay special attention not only to what your kids watch on TV, in
movie theaters, on the internet, and the music they listen to, but also
be alert regarding the books they read.

Two particular books are, Conversations with God and Conversations with
God for Teens
,! written by Neale D. Walsch.

They sound harmless enough by their titles alone. The books have been on the New York Times best sellers list for a number of weeks, and they make truth of the statement, "Don't judge a book by its cover or title."

The author purports to answer various questions asked by kids using the "voice of God". However, the "answers" that he gives are not Bible-based and go against the very infallible word of God. For instance (and I paraphrase),

when a girl asks the question "Why am I a lesbian?"

His answer is that she was 'born that way' because of genetics (just as you were born right-handed, with brown eyes, etc.). Then he tells her to go out and "celebrate" her differences.

Another girls poses the question "I am living with my boyfriend. My
parents say that I should marry him because I am living in sin. Should I marry
him?"

His reply is, "Who are you sinning against? Not me, because you have
done nothing wrong."

Another question asks about God's forgiveness of sin. His reply "I do
not forgive anyone because there is nothing to forgive.

There is no such thing as right or wrong and that is what I have been trying to tell everyone, do not judge people. People have chosen to judge one another and this is wrong, because the rule is "'judge not lest ye be judged."

Not only are these books the false doctrine of the devil, but in some
instances quote (in error) the Word of God.

And the list goes on. These books (and others like it) are being sold to
schoolchildren through (The Scholastic Book Club), and we need to be
aware of what is being fed to our children.

Our children are under attack. So I pray that you be sober and vigilant
about teaching your children the Word of God, and guarding their
exposure to worldly mediums, because our adversary, the Devil, roams about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour (1 Peter 5:8). We know that
lions usually hunt for the slowest, weakest and YOUNGEST of its prey.

Here's What I (Shimmie) have been researching...

He (Walsh) the author of 'Conversations with God' is in the "New Age" beliefs and culture. This is not of our faith in Christianity. Here's his website:

http://www.cwg.org/main.php?p=About&sub=News

An Article of Interest: Scroll down to 'Dangerous Conversations"

http://www.trueu.org/Academics/TruthLab/A000000606.cfm

tffy2004

Thank you Shimmie for sharing this it really saddens my soul to see that this type of 'garbage' is getting out to our children with such and enticing title.:nono:

Nice & Wavy

Shimmie, this is certainly sent to this forum from the Lord for ALL to see. I thank you for sharing this and I will most definately keep my eyes and ears open to help children and their parents from this type of teaching.

dlewis

Conversation with God has been out for awhile. I started reading it when I was pregnant with my daughter. Couldn't finish it and gave it away. I didn't has a relationship with the Lord then but I knew no one has had a conversation like that with the lord.

DreamLife

Whoa, my friend got this from a teacher and was reading this on and off and I was about to look at it....this is crazy!:nono:

Shimmie

Staff member
To each of you...:kiss: :grouphug: You're my precious sisters and I love each of you so much....:yep: :love3:

The very title of this book is a 'Veiled Disguise' to lure those who are 'unknowing'...our babies.

Right now, I'm trying to remember what thread, I saw this book title in and what or if, I replied in regards to it. :confused:

I need to get off 'speed dial' when it comes to posting (especially at work when I'm distracted while reading most of the threads). I remember seeing this book mentioned somewhere in a recent thread and took it at 'face value'. :nono: But you know what, this is proof of God keeping 'me' in check; keeping me aware. I hope I didn't give this book a 'nod' of acceptance.

Important note: My comment above is not a judgment call upon anyone who posted this book or gave credit to it. I don't want anyone to feel badly. We're all learning.

Right now, I'm researching this author's website to learn more about his teachings to be aware; and this comment stood out regarding his courses which he teaches...

• Practice self-awareness and expression though monthly In-to-Me-See Teleclasses, lead by trained facilitators who will help create an extremely safe environment for self exploration. This small intimate group will walk hand in hand throughout the program to challenge and support you in coming from your feelings in order to manifest what you truly desire.
It's based upon the loa -- laws of attraction. Geeesh! They're teaching this mess to our children. Decoding them from dependency upon God. They're taking advantage of the removal of prayer in schools. It's almost like those scientific movies where the 'Pod' people replace the humans and decode thier minds to think their way and not God's way.

I love you angels and our babies....it's time for us to step up and make sure our children are not influenced by this.

comike

I bought this book out of curiousity and ended up throwing it out after reading a few pages.

Shimmie

Staff member
I bought this book out of curiousity and ended up throwing it out after reading a few pages.

:hiya: Hi Comike... :giveheart:

Could you share what you remember reading in this book? Thanks much. If you prefer not to, I understand. :yep:

KnottyGurl

I never read the book, but I saw the movie based on the book. It seemed alright, almost inspiring until he started hearing 'The Voice' calling him and dictating the text of the book to him :spinning:. At that point, I was like ummm :look: alrighty then. I'm glad I didn't buy the book first.

melodee

Thanks Shim for alerting us to be discerning.:yep:

Yes, this author has been around a while, and he's not the only one with non-Christian religious viewpoints. The creator and authors of Chicken Soup For theSoul books also possess similar views.

I understand that Shimmie is speaking to her sisters in Christ--there are many veiled disguises out there--books, practices, and beliefs that sound like they could fit into our lives as believers in Jesus as Lord. But they are simply contradicting His word.

I have had many people (Christians included) upset that I warn against certain things that I discern to be of another faith and therefore left alone for Christians. I'm glad to have a heads up whenever it's given.

Shimmie

Staff member

Yes, this author has been around a while, and he's not the only one with non-Christian religious viewpoints. The creator and authors of Chicken Soup For theSoul books also possess similar views.

I understand that Shimmie is speaking to her sisters in Christ--there are many veiled disguises out there--books, practices, and beliefs that sound like they could fit into our lives as believers in Jesus as Lord. But they are simply contradicting His word.

I have had many people (Christians included) upset that I warn against certain things that I discern to be of another faith and therefore left alone for Christians. I'm glad to have a heads up whenever it's given.
Melodee, I too am glad for a heads up and an awareness.

Jesus made it so 'simple' to believe in Him and to have faith. Yet there are so many 'methods' that the world has 'invented' which are distractions from the realness of God. That's the focus of the enemy, to distract us and get us off track of what God has already done for us on the Cross.

Regarding 'Chicken Soup', they have so many versions out there, "for teens, children, wives, husbands, they have desk calendars (a message for each day), and sadly, I see these books listed among Christian literature. I used to buy the desk calandars, then I stopped not realizing why. Later I learned more about the author.

The problem is that they've taken God's word and his principles and added/changed them to justify / disguise their messages which conflict with God's pure word.

We're being called to vigilance, not only to the obvious, but to the seemingly innocent. The thing is, what we would not dare partake of ourselves, it's being presented to our children and family members who are not as aware as we are.

Shimmie

Staff member
Thank God for the Holy Spirit...who leads and guides us into ALL truth.

Praise God for...

Our shield of faith,
Breastplate of righteous,
Sword of the Spirit,
Our loins are girded about with Truth,
Our feet are shod with the preparation of the Gospel of Peace.

And for the power of the Blood of Jesus -- Amen and Amen :heart2:

comike

:hiya: Hi Comike... :giveheart:

Could you share what you remember reading in this book? Thanks much. If you prefer not to, I understand. :yep:

Hi Shimmie!!! :wave: I don't recall too much because it's been so long and like I said when I realized that the book was basically a contradiction of God's word I threw it out.

Shimmie

Staff member
I never read the book, but I saw the movie based on the book. It seemed alright, almost inspiring until he started hearing 'The Voice' calling him and dictating the text of the book to him :spinning:. At that point, I was like ummm :look: alrighty then. I'm glad I didn't buy the book first.
Your words are very "key" and I'm thankful that you noted them...

"seemed", "almost", "until" and "...glad I didn't"

Thanks GeechyGurl :giveheart:

Shimmie

Staff member
Hi Shimmie!!! :wave: I don't recall too much because it's been so long and like I said when I realized that the book was basically a contradiction of God's word I threw it out.
Thanks Comike. What you've shared (bolded) speaks volumes. God bless you, angel. :giveheart:

Shimmie

Staff member
Angels keep sharing what's on your heart and information on this topic. I'm only logging out for an early day tomorrow.

Shimmie is going to sleep. :sleep:

Night-night and love and blessings to each of you.... I love you. :kiss:

:love3: :sleeping: :heart2:

Nice & Wavy

:yep::yep::yep:

KnottyGurl

It's funny that ya'll (yeah I'm from the sooooooooouth *drawl*) mention Conversations with God, Chicken Soup for the Soul, etc. If you want to know their beliefs, all you have to do is watch the original "The Secret" video. They are all in there. I think that's why we're hearing about them so much b/c that video drew attention to them. That's why I watched the Conversations movie. I was on The Secret bandwagon for a minute (or more like 30 seconds). I'm glad God ->:hardslap: me back to reality. :lachen:

Shimmie

Staff member
It's funny that ya'll (yeah I'm from the sooooooooouth *drawl*) mention Conversations with God, Chicken Soup for the Soul, etc. If you want to know their beliefs, all you have to do is watch the original "The Secret" video. They are all in there. I think that's why we're hearing about them so much b/c that video drew attention to them. That's why I watched the Conversations movie. I was on The Secret bandwagon for a minute (or more like 30 seconds). I'm glad God ->:hardslap: me back to reality. :lachen:
Girl you are too funny with the :hardslap:. :lol: But it was more like this, God loved and hugged you back into reality :grouphug: and this :kiss: all because of this...:love2: and this :love4:, that He allowed you to see His Truth which is no secret at all. :nono:

The thing about the secret (loa), is that people are not in the perfect will of God. King Saul is a perfect example, he stepped out on his own and sought the counsel of a witch to bring up Samuel from the dead.

The loa, seeks and gives credit to the universe, not God. And I don't get how those who say they are Christians cannot 'see' this. Since when did we rise from our knees in prayer asking God directly? God from who all blessings flow and God who did indeed create the Universe?

God warns us about seeking the 'creation' and not the Creator....

Since when did we stop needing God? I'm speaking about Christians who are deep in 'the secret'. What gets me is that we are God's Heirs. We already have full access to all that He owns. We rule the Kingdom. Jesus gave it to us on the Cross. All that we could ever need or desire, God has so richly given us and with so much sacrifice...His precious Blood.

And yet, there are those who chose other gods. gods to 'attract' and manifest what they want in life. How sad. God has never denied me anything which I've asked of Him. Never. :nono: And He is no respecter of persons. What He does for me He does for us all; for we are all His.

And for a professed Christian to resort to the enemy for money, homes, cars, jobs, and good vibrations...and whatever.........it's just sad. Just sad. What a sell out to the 'Faith'.....:nono:

the loa has taken God's principles and called them theirs; that's plagerizing....it's stupid....it's..............

Let me stop....:drunk: :spinning: :nono:

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

Girl you are too funny with the :hardslap:. :lol: But it was more like this, God loved and hugged you back into reality :grouphug: and this :kiss: all because of this...:love2: and this :love4:, that He allowed you to see His Truth which is no secret at all. :nono:

The thing about the secret (loa), is that people are not in the perfect will of God. King Saul is a perfect example, he stepped out on his own and sought the counsel of a witch to bring up Samuel from the dead.

The loa, seeks and gives credit to the universe, not God. And I don't get how those who say they are Christians cannot 'see' this. Since when did we rise from our knees in prayer asking God directly? God from who all blessings flow and God who did indeed create the Universe?

God warns us about seeking the 'creation' and not the Creator....

Since when did we stop needing God? I'm speaking about Christians who are deep in 'the secret'. What gets me is that we are God's Heirs. We already have full access to all that He owns. We rule the Kingdom. Jesus gave it to us on the Cross. All that we could ever need or desire, God has so richly given us and with so much sacrifice...His precious Blood.

And yet, there are those who chose other gods. gods to 'attract' and manifest what they want in life. How sad. God has never denied me anything which I've asked of Him. Never. :nono: And He is no respecter of persons. What He does for me He does for us all; for we are all His.

And for a professed Christian to resort to the enemy for money, homes, cars, jobs, and good vibrations...and whatever.........it's just sad. Just sad. What a sell out to the 'Faith'.....:nono:

the loa has taken God's principles and called them theirs; that's plagerizing....it's stupid....it's..............

Let me stop....:drunk: :spinning: :nono:

All I gotta say is....."wellllllllllll."

Shimmie

Staff member
All I gotta say is....."wellllllllllll."
"Nice" precious Wavy, I don't get it, that's all. I just don't get it. :nono:

But then I know how satan uses the term Christian to make it seem justified. I'm so tired of hearing/reading, "Well I'm a Christian and I practice the 'secret' and don't find anything wrong with it.

Uggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!! What???? :lol:

There is PLENTY wrong with it. It's not God. Duhhhhhh!

Okay, I'm getting a little :drunk: :spinning: :drunk: here. :rolleyes:

Nice & Wavy

"Nice" precious Wavy, I don't get it, that's all. I just don't get it. :nono:

But then I know how satan uses the term Christian to make it seem justified. I'm so tired of hearing/reading, "Well I'm a Christian and I practice the 'secret' and don't find anything wrong with it.

Uggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!! What???? :lol:

There is PLENTY wrong with it. It's not God. Duhhhhhh!

Okay, I'm getting a little :drunk: :spinning: :drunk: here. :rolleyes:

You are just RIGHTEOUSLY angry and have every right to be.

I totally agree with you. We will know them by their fruit.....:rolleyes:

Shimmie

Staff member
You are just RIGHTEOUSLY angry and have every right to be.

I totally agree with you. We will know them by their fruit.....:rolleyes:
I'm sad about it, Precious Wavy. I'm just sad about it.

I just don't understand how one could love Jesus and than turn away from Him. None of us are perfect, my righteousness is as filthy rags. Were it not for Jesus, I can no other way be called righteous, for I'm far from it. Very far. I have no righteousness of my own. None. :nono:

But it just saddens me that one can say they are Christian and than make a mockery out of it, but bowing to another god. The loa, is just that, another god. You know what really breaks my heart. They constantly say in the loa, that they are seeking the hand of the universe. Well whatever happen to the hand of God?

The universe is tainted, God's hands are pure and the gifts He gives are not sloppy seconds. They are gifted firsts and primely price which He paid for in full. Seeking the universe is saying, God doesn't exist or isn't good enough. How sad...so very sad. :nono:

Here's the thing. Our example as Christians is shown by example. Whatever we have need of, we ask it of God directly and allow Him to show Hisself strong in our lives. In the word of God, it shares that God demonstrates His works for those to see and know that He is indeed God.

A wonderful example is in I Kings 18, when Elijah the Prophet, allowed God to demonstrate just how powerful He is. God's altar, drenched wet with water, the sacrifice was yet burned. The altar for baal, the false god, did not burn and its altar was dry as a bone. God proved who was really God. He is.

"How long will you halt between two opinions?" If God be god, serve Him.... And indeed God He is. :yep:

Praise Him.... :heart2:

springbreeze

thanks Shimmie!

i buy books alot, and would have been very upset to know i bought this
book for my kids and it had all that junk in it..good looking out:yep:

Me2

Thank you very much Shimmie. I'd seen this and thought it would be a good book for my oldest son. I didn't get it at the time because I didn't have any spare time to read it before giving it to him. You saved me some money because I would have definitely thrown it in the trash.

Shimmie

Staff member
Thank you very much Shimmie. I'd seen this and thought it would be a good book for my oldest son. I didn't get it at the time because I didn't have any spare time to read it before giving it to him. You saved me some money because I would have definitely thrown it in the trash.
God bless you Me2 :giveheart: God bless you and each of your loved ones. :love2:

I love your siggy, "ASAP"... Always Say A Prayer...It's wonderful. :yep: