Using Yaki Hair For Braids

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
<font color="purple">I've had my braids done with the Yaki hair for almost a month. I did not have any hair breakage once I removed them from my head. It almost feels like regular human hair when you pre-wash it in a solution of warm water and ACV. Can you use it when you braid your hair?

Note: Yaki hair is not Toyokan or Kanekalon hair. It is 100% synthetic. TIA </font>

Neroli

I LOVE the yaki hair for braids. The last time I had medium sized "individual" braids using yaki hair and I absolutely love it because washed hair weekly (moisturizing shampoo &amp; rinse once only) and the hair just seemed to look better with each wash -- the ends stayed nice and curled and soft. Really really like it.

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
<font color="purple">Thanx for the info, Pooh. Where I live here in Indy, several BSS carry that brand name Yaki hair. When I'm out, I'll stop over at Connie's and pick up 2 bags of it along with some braid spray. </font>

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
BabyCurls said:
<font color="purple">Thanx for the info, Pooh. Where I live here in Indy, several BSS carry that brand name Yaki hair. When I'm out, I'll stop over at Connie's and pick up 2 bags of it along with some braid spray. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Babycurls,

What part of Indiana r u from???

I live right near the Ohio River in Louisville, KY!

chicamorena

BabyCurls yes you can use Yaki hair for braids. I use this type of hair when I braid my sister's hair in microbraids. But make sure never to use heat on it like a curling iron or flat iron. And if you wash your hair be sure to keep it detangled because it can become really tangled if it's not handled right.

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
<font color="purple">Hey, Poohbear! I'm from Indianapolis. You ought to come up here and check out everything this city has to offer. Also, since I'm in Central Indiana, I'm only 1 hour from you. So we might as well be neighbors from then on. </font>

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
<font color="purple">Thanx, rica. I never use heat on this type of hair. I only use boiling water to seal my ends from unraveling after braiding. Is there a detangler specially formulated for Yaki hair, or would a regular detangler be the case? </font>

Poohbear

[ QUOTE ]
BabyCurls said:
<font color="purple">Hey, Poohbear! I'm from Indianapolis. You ought to come up here and check out everything this city has to offer. Also, since I'm in Central Indiana, I'm only 1 hour from you. So we might as well be neighbors from then on. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been to Indianapolis once when I went to that big mall up there that has 3 or 4 stories and I've rode through Indy to get to Michigan to visit family several times. That mall is awesome! I'll be sure and make a visit!

Poohbear

[ QUOTE ]
BabyCurls said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been to Indianapolis once when I went to that big mall up there that has 3 or 4 stories and I've rode through Indy to get to Michigan to visit family several times. That mall is awesome! I'll be sure and make a visit!