Using a deep conditioner post rinse conditioner

kaytorry

So here's the scenario;

After using a rinse-out conditioner, my hair still didn't feel conditioned enough, so I rinsed it out and put in a deep conditioner. My question is will the deep conditioner still be effective? or will the coating from the rinse out conditioner stop the deep conditioner from it's full potential?

faithVA

So here's the scenario;

After using a rinse-out conditioner, my hair still didn't feel conditioned enough, so I rinsed it out and put in a deep conditioner. My question is will the deep conditioner still be effective? or will the coating from the rinse out conditioner stop the deep conditioner from it's full potential?

It should work fine. You may want to baggy and/or use heat. But it should still work even after using a rinse out.

ravenhairedcharm

I agree with virtuenow, I would deep condition first. Then depending on how my hair feels, I'd rinse with a conditioner after.

hannan

If the rinse out has little/no cones, I don't see the problem. I do this sometimes, especially when my hair is too squeaky clean from clarifying. I add a little bit conditioner, wait a little, and then rinse it out. Then follow with a dc.

lamaria211

Krystle~Hime said:
I sometimes use my deepconditioner as a leave in. because my hair prefers thick textures products.

I do this but only if my DC is all natural like my nubian heritage masque's or Giovanni or AO conditioners

leiah

I agree that you should do the DC first and then use a rinse out. Some dominican conditioners say to do this in their directions. I get really good results when I use una bomba DC followed by the rinse

westNDNbeauty

In my opinion it doesn't matter. Many on this board, including me, co-wash and follow up with a DC. Essentially, that is what your are doing.

But I do think you should try both ways suggested and determine which makes your hair feel, act and look better.