Updo (protective) for chin length hair??

RabiaElaine

Does anyone know of a cute updo that can hopefully be protective, and at the very least, get my hair off of my coat, for chin length/neck length hair??

Today is my lazy updo, which is mainly a claw clip holding hte hair up. Other days I have done a frenchroll or used a barrette clip. I have pics in my album of the frenchroll and I have a pic in the photo gallery here of the other style.

Hi Kaddy,

Your hair is growing really fast. What do you think has helped most?

Do you wear protective styles often?

you could rollerset your ahair, take the rollers out and separate the curls into three with your fingers...don't comb the curls out. curling your hair up will make it appear shorter, therefore, it will be off your coat/clothes/shoulders which will make it a protective style.
you could also do braid-outs or pin curl/bantu knot-outs. then you could put the top half of your hair in a clip. HTH! ;)

Hi Pooh,

I will try that I'll set it on smaller rollers that way the curls are nicer. Maybe I should try rod set, I've never tryed that before. I'm not sure if that will look good since I'm 4 weeks post relaxer, and for my 4a/b texture, that means that there is a lot of new growth already.

RabiaElaine said:
Hi Kaddy,

Your hair is growing really fast. What do you think has helped most?

Do you wear protective styles often?

Thanks Rabia.

I take vitamins and just changed what I do to my hair. I don't comb it with a comb that often and make sure to deep condition. That's all I can say that has contributed to the growth.

As for protective styles... I don't wear them often at all. More like rarely and when I am feeling lazy and don't want to deal with my hair. I was oiling my ends daily with castor oil for a while when I was wearing it out too.

RabiaElaine said:
Hi Pooh,

I will try that I'll set it on smaller rollers that way the curls are nicer. Maybe I should try rod set, I've never tryed that before. I'm not sure if that will look good since I'm 4 weeks post relaxer, and for my 4a/b texture, that means that there is a lot of new growth already.
:think: i knew i forgot to mention something when i posted. i was gonna recommend using smaller rollers or perm rods. :grin:

HAPPY HAIR GROWING! :weird:

Hi Rabia,

I'm so glad you started this thread because we are in the same boat. In the winter, my hair is all over my wool coats and my turtlenecks. It drives me crazy. I can feel my hair tugging at the roots when I turn my head while wearing my coat. I am tired of wearing a bun already and it's only been two weeks.

Hey again PoohBear

I just checked out your album I can't believe how much your hair has grown since the last time I was regularly on LHCF. Wow, very nice!.

I think I need to be more dedicated to staying on the board this time. I always feel like my hair will never get there so I stop going on the forum. Maybe if I stick with it thru the ups and downs my hair will get there like yours. My 4a/b hair is very fine yet coarse so it's very fragile and breaks easily at the line of demarcation, so I can't stretch my relaxer very much.

What has helped you to retain that leghth?

Hi Can't Be Copied,

I hear ya. I hear and feel my hair snapping all the time during the winter. I started wearing a silk scarf, though it doesn't keep me as warm as a wool/fleece one. I started a thread about winter hair earlier but only received on response which had a good idea about keeping a humidifier near by. I might try that.

I'm going to bump that thread to the top to see if there are any other suggestions.

Rabia,

***Following you*** I'll let you know if I find anything. I tried to twist my hair into knots and let it airdry overnight last night after my poo and deep cond. and it was still damp this morning and it just looked goofy. I pulled it back into a bun. I am discouraged today. Do you plan to go your whole hair journey without braids or a weave? I have been considering doing a sew-in or braids by the crown & glory method.

You could try a twist out/ braid out and pin up the ends for a cute updo that's not too boring and has plenty of texture. It will also blend in with your new growth :yep:

Back