Update (almost) 2 years post BC (Pic Heavy)

curlycrocheter

I thought I'd post an update since I haven't in a while, complete with pictures.

I BC'd from alllllllllmost WL to chin length in August of 2011. I straightened a few days ago, & won't be doing it again until after summer. Hence, my update now.

Ok. Here is a few weeks before the chop:

A few weeks after the chop:

2 days ago. My hair is about 85% dry with no product in it:

After straightening:

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

janaq2003

I love your hair!! Did you have an anxiety attack when you big chopped? My hair is no where near as long as yours and I get short of breath at the thought of chopping as I transition.

1CrownNglory

you chopped it only last year right? that's like less than a year of progress then!

I agree, that's some great work/regimen/retention in effect!!:yep:

Congratulationscurlycrocheter :clap::clap::clap:

Soooo, what's the 411 on your success? Are you bunning/HYH? Is that your natural color or the result of Henna, if so which crop and/or genus (i.e. Jamila, Rajasthani Twilight, Red Raj)? TIA

curlycrocheter

Sorry everybody!! I meant August of 2011 :blush:, so it's 2 years worth of growth. I'll update the OP

As for a regimen. I really don't have one at the moment. I just had a baby, so basically for the last year my hair has been in the same ponytail :ohwell: My scalp would be really sore, so I would spend weeks without doing my hair.

But now I'm back on my game, I usually just cowash, dc, & style. my go to style is a bun of course, but I switch it up with twists, twist outs, & box braids sometimes.

nrock

I don't know how u parted with the hair u chopped off! What grew back is equally FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!