Unlock another mystery for me: Profile locking for 'members?'

It~Can~Grow

I'm trying to get the hang of things around here, and still have a lot to learn.

I read that we set passwords on the fotki because non members access information, and sometimes shoplift photos (shame...shame) and claim ownership.

...but why when I click on LHCF member profiles, primarily to see if they have larger photos or a fotki, it's locked to non friends.

Why do we lock our lhcf profile to lhcf members?

Thanks everyone :yep: Learning and growing

JustKiya

Some ladies want to know exactly who has access to their pictures - so, they will accept you as a friend, so that you can see - but then, they KNOW, you know?

wheezy807

I dunno but if you want to see if they have a fotki or something i would just try to PM them. Or sometimes one is not even aware that there profile is locked, that happen to me a while back. I just PM'ed her and she wasn't even aware it was set to private. That's a good question though.

It~Can~Grow

Ah hah...I get the logic, but what about the members who have 71 friends? :grin:

Just kidding. Guess you gotta protect yourself even on a fun forum.

Life is mean :ohwell:

Thanks,Nwomyn
Some ladies want to know exactly who has access to their pictures - so, they will accept you as a friend, so that you can see - but then, they KNOW, you know?

It~Can~Grow

This is true. I know when I first set up my profile I was 1c hair type forever :drunk:

Then I realized "Oh, those codes have a true meaning and they're not random numbers and letters." :lachen:

Thanks, W807
I dunno but if you want to see if they have a fotki or something i would just try to PM them. Or sometimes one is not even aware that there profile is locked, that happen to me a while back. I just PM'ed her and she wasn't even aware it was set to private. That's a good question though.

glamazon386

There was a thread about this in OT a few months ago. Most people (myself included) said it was for privacy reasons. Mainly to keep nosey people out. :look: Also, there are a lot of people who are paid members but do not post. Since they are paid members they can see your profile.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
I keep my fotki password in my profile and I want to decide who gets it...
Unfortunately there are some weirdos on this site (as everywhere in the world and on the internet) so we have to do what we have to do.
Some members have been "attacked" by cowards via comments in their fotkis or even via e-mails.

Sometimes I'll add someone to my buddy list, sometimes I won't.
It's not personal, but if someone has 0 posts on this site, that's too early for me to be someone's buddy. :grin:
Most of the time I'll say yes, though :)

I just want to make sure it's someone who's interested in hair and not drama or other things...
You know there's some drama here sometimes oh boy! :lachen: