Underprocessed hair.. I have a question

trulyurangel82

The back of my hair is very underprocessed that its hard to even comb out. Ive been moisturizing and making sure I dont comb too much that it will break off.

I start self relaxing in sept and so far I dont think my hair is breaking off too much. Well I hope not. I think from months of underprocessing little by little that might be the reason why my back is kinky. :lachen:

I was so attempted to relax weeks ago but it would have been too early. This week will be my 6th week since I relaxed. I plan on relaxing the weekend after this weekend (7th week).

Okay..the front of my hair isnt bad at all its the back area so I guess I should part it in smaller sections to get everything? I bought a color brush set from folica so that might help with the application.

I do relax the front and back seperately so I dont overprocess. Im slow at relaxing.

I have a question. Should I continue with the recommended time on the ors relaxer box for the back sections or should I leave the relaxer on the underprocessed sections longer?

Has anyone done a corrective? what did you do?

I just cant wait to relax because I cant take wearing a pony tail all the time. Id like to wear my hair out again this summer since its getting longer. Its hard to do anything with it now because of the two different textures.

Theres no way I could stretch for months like some people. Power to them.

I wouldn't go over the time. If you practice you will get faster. Try practicing you smoothing and sectioning technique on dry hair then once you've got faster. Start practing with a thick conditioner. Are you doing it alone? I got faster on my corrective relaxer when I made my daughter hold a large mirror up while I relaxed so I could use the refection to see how I was sectioning my hair. You might also have to change relaxers.