UNBELIEVEABLY resistant hair... I'm so upset I could cry.

Yeah, I've been stalki... *erm* looking through your album. I have weird 4aish hair that likes to mimic 3c that I can't exactly type :lol:

Yours is MUCH thicker than mine ever was in its natural state though.

Without heat, a regular wet set still gives me a little wave at the roots, but I guess I'll live even if my hair isn't straight straight all the time.

yay another hair twin! :grin: you know i'mma need to see some pics now right? ;)

Yeah, try rollersetting or dry or wet wrapping. There's a method I read about here -- saran wrap wrapping or something like that, that is supposed to make your hair shiny and sleek. I still don't think over processing is the way to go. Think about it, your hair is telling you something. And think about how much damage you would be doing to it if you overprocess just to make it straight. You'd really be breaking down your hair (more than with a regular process which is bad enough). Then your ends will be weaker and more prone to damage and then you may lose some of your progress due to lack of retention.

Also, what kind of relaxer do you use? You may want to switch brands or type (no vs. no lye).

oh baby i've BEEN done with relaxing! :lol: (oh wait were you directing this towards the OP? :look: )

Interesting thread! I didnt know hair could resistant to relaxers on some people! How did that happen? I mean hair is dead but how did it becomes resistant to relaxers???:perplexed can u get that anytime? can relaxers affect your body to resistant it? Stretching may cause resist to relaxers??

Everytime I use mild relaxers, it burn the hella out of my scalp :wallbash: but when i used super relaxer, it didnt burn my scalp...why?

But i noticed the crowd of my head more resistant to relaxers than the other parts of my head. why? :ohwell:

Wow my hair is EXACTLY the same. The straightest I was ever to get it was when I used dark and lovely super for like 30 min ! It was pretty straight for the first couple of weeks..until it slooowwly reverted back to this mass of curly-ness. I gave up ! I just went natural haha and when I use my sedu my hair gets straighter than it's ever been with a relaxer.

yay another hair twin! :grin: you know i'mma need to see some pics now right? ;)

oh baby i've BEEN done with relaxing! :lol: (oh wait were you directing this towards the OP? :look: )

:lachen::lachen: Yes, I know, you have absolutely beautiful natural hair. I was directing that to the OP (but agreeing with your suggestion to rollerset).

lol, I know I'm stupid. :lol:

I'm not comfortable posting pics of myself yet, so I'm easing into it. In this pic I had been growing my texturized hair out so half of it is natural. It's in a twist out.

Not exactly twins, but similar :yep:

hairlf2.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting thread! I didnt know hair could resistant to relaxers on some people! How did that happen? I mean hair is dead but how did it becomes resistant to relaxers???:perplexed can u get that anytime? can relaxers affect your body to resistant it? Stretching may cause resist to relaxers??

Everytime I use mild relaxers, it burn the hella out of my scalp :wallbash: but when i used super relaxer, it didnt burn my scalp...why?

But i noticed the crowd of my head more resistant to relaxers than the other parts of my head. why? :ohwell:

I have no idea. I wish I had the answers!

I've read that some people are resistant because their body and natural hair oils are more acidic and counteract the relaxer. Also that the hair's porosity and elasticity is very good, so relaxers have a hard time straightening it.

Have no idea about the relaxer... maybe the mild was applied differently than the super?

OP, you just described my hair. My hair is EXTEMELY resistant. I have has plenty of people tell me that it doesn tlook like I relax my hair at all and it's VERY frustrating. Like you I tried to super, only to still have kinky strands:nono:

My hair does not accept moisture either.

One thing I think may be a problem is using a protein conditioner right after you relax or the first week after you relax. I know plenty dont believe this but after using protein the week after I relax, my hair DID revert.

I totally understand what your going through. Sometimes I look my strands and I can't believe how kinky they are even with a relaxer:nono:

I truly think our type of hair is in the minority:ohwell:

I have the same problem. For years, noone could get my hair straight. I just used the ORS Olive Oil Lye Super Relaxer also and it did nothing. I even tried that 50/50 method but it still wasn't straight.

I've learned to live with my strong hair :(

I ' m sorry for you and I understand your pain , but if you can't change this ...you must live with this.
I agree with Anky . It's better than to have thin hair I think .
Cecilie .

OP, you just described my hair. My hair is EXTEMELY resistant. I have has plenty of people tell me that it doesn tlook like I relax my hair at all and it's VERY frustrating. Like you I tried to super, only to still have kinky strands:nono:

My hair does not accept moisture either.

One thing I think may be a problem is using a protein conditioner right after you relax or the first week after you relax. I know plenty dont believe this but after using protein the week after I relax, my hair DID revert.

I totally understand what your going through. Sometimes I look my strands and I can't believe how kinky they are even with a relaxer:nono:

I truly think our type of hair is in the minority:ohwell:

I know, I don't use protein for 2 weeks after relaxing. It does make me recover some curl. It doesn't repair it like brand new, but over time as my hair recovers from relaxing it gets stronger and somewhat kinkier.

I do think we are in the minority. Sometimes I feel crazy because I know other people don't have to go through this.

I ' m sorry for you and I understand your pain , but if you can't change this ...you must live with this.
I agree with Anky . It's better than to have thin hair I think .
Cecilie .

You know what they say... the grass is always greener.

but you all have helped me to appreciate my hair some. It's like spun steel :lol:

Back