UK Ladies, help!!!!

cafe au lait

Ok, I have been wanting to buy a hair steamer, I looked on the UK websites and I still can't believe they are not sold in this country.
I got a tip from someone about an American website. beautybeautyusa.com.
They sent me an online catalogue and most of their stuff was on special price. so I choose the model I liked and ask for a price quote + shipping. the steamer itself is $318 which is cool. the shipment?? $350. I think that is just ridiculous. + there is a sales tax of $26 something it all came to a total of $695.43. Let's not forget customs here in the uk. for every $100, you pay at least £25 in tax. I have so far put my purchase on hold. Please if anyone of you know a place in the UK where I can buy this. reply or PM me. TIA

kizzylonghair said:
Hi Cafe,

What type of steamer. The plastic plug cap or the stand up one similar to the hood dryer.

Kizzy

Hi kizzy, Thanks for your response,the stand up one, is the one I am after.
I have actually seen a website :www.jackos.com. it is a company in india. I have sent them an e-mail to enquire about price and shipment to the UK. will keep fingers crossed.

xoxox

Cafe,

Have you tried Ebay, Just had a little look for you under hairdryers but nothing. Had a look under steamers and it came up with food steamers etc.
You could comb through the 20 pages, I got up 2 page 3, Sorry.

Any item like that is not going to be worth to buy outside the UK. Europe may be better. But Asia or America forget it !

Cost are 2 high

Kizzy

You are right, kizzy. I check ebay too. IT's quite funny when you go on the UK web and type in hair steamers and all the food steamers come up.

I have purchased an oriental rug from india and I didn't have to pay for shipping as the prices was inclusive of everything.
I think UK and India have a trade agreement. I didn't have to pay tax on that purchase and I got the rug in 48 hours via FEDex. SO I am hoping I will get the same service with this company.

My fear is that I hope it is a genuine company. did you follow the link to their website? what do you think? they don't have the prices on them and not much description of the item.
My consolation is that they make saunas, jacuzzis, laser IpL machines and lots of salon stuff. I am going to take my chances, once I get a reply from them I will place my order.
Thanks again

Give PAKS in Finsbury Park, London a ring I think I saw them in their shop once. This is their telephone number 0207 263 2088. Also www.aphroditehair.com do them. I saw their display at last year black beauty hair show at Alexandra palace and am sur they had some there for £199. HTH:)

zigzag1 said:
Give PAKS in Finsbury Park, London a ring I think I saw them in their shop once. This is their telephone number 0207 263 2088. Also www.aphroditehair.com do them. I saw their display at last year black beauty hair show at Alexandra palace and am sur they had some there for £199. HTH:)

these words are my own, I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you.
Seriously thank you so much. you just saved me a fortune. I am going to place my order now. :kiss:

Back