UK/Europe Ladies...need some advice?

Leona28

I purchased a soft hooded bonnet similar to this:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vidal-Sas...are_Hair_Straighteners_PP&hash=item2ebd7ab9d3

about 2 years ago.

I bought it as a replacement for one my mother had given to me.

It's handy but I used it when I was not serious about my HJ. Now that I am one of the converted, I am roller-setting and deep conditioning regularly. What is bothering me is the means to which my hair gets dried.

If I wanted to dry my hair using the coolest setting (which is in fact quite warm bordering on hot), I notice that my hair gets rather dry quite quickly.

If I roller set, it takes about 30mins to get my hair 80% dry. I am not happy continuing with this heat tool. I want to have the option of indirect heat and if in a rush, a very cool setting for drying. Are there any products on our side of the water which are effective?

I have used my Ionic Blow dryer for airdrying quickly but that's equally quite warm and drying. (http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Search/searchTerms/IONIC+HAIR+DRYER.htm)

I did purchase a Huetiful and still getting into the hang of incorporating it as part of my regimen.

What I'd really like to know is what options of dryers are available while roller setting? Portable versions would be perfect!

Thanks so much!

Ok, I don't have product suggestions.

I do have some rhetorical questions for you.

1. If your hair is dry afterwards, have you looked at your leave-in conditioner?
2. What about your thermal heat styling product? Do any of these products encourage moisture? Sealing with oil/butter?
3. Have you thought about drying with heat for 15-20 minutes then air-drying for the rest of the time? Not sure what the total time for drying will be (obviously depends on your hairs porosity and how much time you have on your hands), but when I air dry my curlformers set, it takes roughly 6 hours to fully dry. My hair is always softer than when I used to use heat to dry.

Food for thought.

Back