UBH Conditioner Users...Interesting....

Tracy

I have been thinking about getting some of Cathy Howse's conditioner and I was browsing her site, and came across this in her conditioner Q & A:

When I put a deep conditioner on my hair, Do I have to wash it out, because of the left over residue? Your book says that we should only wash it once with shampoo, because of the drying effects, but on your instructions that you send with the conditioner says that you should shampoo it out. I haven't been shampooing it out just rinsing it out as much as possible.

I think there is a misunderstanding here. Yes, a deep conditioner has to be RINSED out. If you want to use the DEW and not have the hair weighed down by the oils left behind from the Conditoner, you can reshampoo the hair. This step of reshampooing is not necessary if you dont mind the oils left behind by the conditioner. You are doing it right. Just rinse out is fine. Reshampoo only if you want the movement in the hair that is inhibited by the oils in the conditioner.

I thought this was interesting because I never thought about washing out her conditioner (and maybe then applying another that softens a little?). I think I may try this. I wanted to share it with some of you die hard UBH users that maybe wished the conditioner wasn't so oily (if you find it to be). /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks Tracy /images/graemlins/smile.gif
I already lightly shampoo (Breakthru) my hair after her protein because its sooo strong and to avoid tangles.
I think she should've added that step to the directions on the bottle.

Thanks Tracy! I had put this stuff on the back burner for a minute, but I think I may try lightly shampooing afterwards before I follow with my moisturizing conditioner.

Interesting that you brought this up. I am a huge fan of the UBH conditioner. I think it's the best for stopping breakage. But it does have the affect of making the hair less soft after the rollerset.

I'm still trying to perfect my fall/winter regimine...now I am at the point of doing a big wash once per week.

So Sunday mornings will go like this:

Yesterday, I washed my hair using Sulfer 8 Medicated Shampoo (I've been having some dandruff issues)

I did my deep conditioner under the dryer with the UBH for 20 minutes.

Then I used my "regular" condtioner (In this case Nature's Advantage Honey and Almond) and sat under the dryer for 10 more minutes.

I rinsed again then I used my leave in's very sparingly. I mixed my serum and leave-in moisturizer into an amount that was the size of a quarter (I always over do it and my hair get's weighted down)

After I took out the rollers I blew the roots a little (I made sure that it was ONLY the root)

I got some really nice results....it came out almost as good as a professional dominican wash and set.

I think this will be my winter routine...I will just wrap for a few days and maybe do a flex-rod set for fri's and sat's when the wrap is starting to get stale. I can't wash it more than once a week when it's cold...I just can't.

So I will do the big wash on Sunday's and it will be my only day to use some heat.

Sorry for the book.

But yeah the UBH is good but I think following up with a good moisturizing conditioner is helpful. I dont' think I would re-wash the hair..because that would strip it and make it drier but I would rinse it really well...like for a few minutes and then use the second conditioner for softness.

I never wash my hair after using the conditioner. I find that my hair doesn't tangle. However, I've always followed the conditioner with a moisturizing one just in case there were some adverse effects.

I use an instant conditioner, like vo5 after I use the conditioner. Or sometimes I just put motions oil mositurizer and it combats the dryness. But I love the deep conditioner and use it every week /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I contribute that and rollersets ( non-direct heat) to my hair turn around.

Hmmm...interesting. I plan on putting in an order sometime in the New Year. I've been putting it off because it would be a costly order figuring in the shipping charges. I want to order the largest of the products - A couple of the conditioners and the moisturizer.

I started off with her conditioner before anything else, it's very good. I just know to use something moisturizing afterwards now. It's never been too oily for me. My hair drinks up ish.

[ QUOTE ]
maibabie said:
so ubh is a protein conditioner?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, maibabee it is. Here are the ingredients for all:

Ultra Black Hair Conditioner is the best hair care conditioning product for our hair needs that provides these 3 key benefits

Key Benefits

Strengthens

Lubricates

Stimulates

A good conditioner is the external way to bring back healthy looking hair. It is also a preventive maintenance treatment and a corrective medicine. The best conditioner for our hair contains protein to strengthen and repair, oils to lubricate and a stimulant.

Ingredients List:

Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Concentrate, Purified Water, Peppermint Oil, Royal Bee Jelly, Menthol, Stearic Acid, Stearalkonium Chloride, Jojoba Oil, Safflower Oil, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Lecithin, Extracts of: (Papaya, Fennel, Kiwi), Tocopherol, Wheat Germ Oil, Ascorbic Acid, Silica, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, FD&C Yellow No.5.

Back