TWO STRAND TWISTS

SouthernTease

I just got into this courtesy of Nappity 4b's FOTKI
anybody else use this style to grow out???

I do the TST and then i put it in a bun
and wear a headband/scarf...
I'm not really into braids/twists
but with my scarf on and hair in a bun
you can barely tell i have twist
I find this to be way better than regular bunning...
I don't have to detangle for weeks...
and you can wash with the twists...

I LOVE IT!!!

That would be me!
I mostly put my hair up when I TST because of my heat damage ends.
I've grown out my hair very nicely doing these. Funny, cuz my hairstylist was trying to warn me about twisting my hair. He said that twisting my hair especially at the hairline would cause too much stress around that area and would eventually thin out or break. Well, I ain't seen that happen yet! Then again, I'm not sure he understood what I meant when I said that I twist my hair. He's the same person who told me because I have kinky hair that I don't need protein treatments :ohwell:.

I just got into this courtesy of Nappity 4b's FOTKI
anybody else use this style to grow out???

I do the TST and then i put it in a bun
and wear a headband/scarf...
I'm not really into braids/twists
but with my scarf on and hair in a bun
you can barely tell i have twist
I find this to be way better than regular bunning...
I don't have to detangle for weeks...
and you can wash with the twists...

I LOVE IT!!!

I would bun if my hair was long enough, otherwise when I wore twists, I wore them 24/7 and washed my hair in them. So in a way I had the same regimen just without the bun. Can't wait to be able to what she does!

YUP!

I started doing this this year - I TST them, and then I usually wear them in a flattwisted updo....because I have a seriously bad case of hand in hair disease. :lol: I leave the twists in for two weeks (don't wanna lock) and then start right back over. As the time goes on, you can hardly tell my hair is in twists - it looks 'loose'.

I'm actually wearin the back twists 'down' right now, and I can't stop meddling with a twist. *sigh*

This is how i was able to get through the last stage of both my previous stretches. Last stretch i switched to plaits and these lasted longer and did not come loose while washing. I treated my hair the same as if it was not plaited/twisted. It was cool and take down with all that new growth was easy.
BTW the only twists that came loose where the nape area since i followed robins (grow afro hair long) advice of making that area's parts larger.

Not sure if I want to go back to the TST, but I love her album. I am going to have to try out the ayurvedic stuff.

Always looking for something simpler.

Can someone give a tutorial or a link with directions. I am not natural but I am in the middle of a long stretch and have lots of new growth.

I do mines really loose in 1/2" sections
it's so easy and it doesn't matter if it's
perfect because I'm putting it in a bun anyway...
I might take photos later but NAPPITY 4B has awesome
pics of it in her fotki.

Yep, TST and twistouts are two of the three protective styles that I have used to grow out my hair via bootcamp. I love them :grin:

The set that I have in now is the first set that I put in a ponytail and its definitely less tension on my edges than if it were loose hair.

Im going to check out her album to get some style ideas. I never thought about wearing them with a scarf. That a good idea for when they get old rather than retwisting the edges.

I used TST to transtion to natural and I've been using them to reach my hair goal. It keeps me from manipulating my hair too much.

I wear them for two to three weeks then do it all again...

Back