twist for dummies

BeautifulNameX

I want some twist and cornrows in the front. I'm sooo new to natural hair. I was going to go to the salon. but I really dont want them to blow my hair out (do they blow hair out befor twisting it?) I was thinking about washing and detangling my hair my self and putting it in my big fat plats so it can air dry for a day then going to get it twisted. Will iit still turn out right? im so confused? what is most salons twist regimne what do they use?

or better yet what is you twist regime?

What do I need to know and ask before I go get my hair twisted?

Dos and donts?

Mook's hair

Are you afraid to just do them yourself? It's not that hard. You can do it!
Are you talking about 2 strand twists, finger coils or flat twists?

Are you getting extension hair added?

You should try searching youtube for natural ladies. They offer lots of product tips.

BeautifulNameX

I want two strand twists but with cornrows to the side like the girl that posted her style in the short to medium length natural styes thread. I want it to be my real hair. BTW hair long do twist last?

I am scared to do my own hair in twists because I want it to be perfect you know, and I havent worn my real hair in over two years even when it was still relaxed.

you know what i actually did do my own twist before now that i think about it when i was transistioning, i dont think ill ever do that again it was a disaster.

E. Princess

I can't tell you about a salons regimen, but I will say don't be afraid of doing your own hair. You can be as gentle as you want instead of hoping that the stylist will be gentle. Take a gander at all the wonderfully instructional YouTube videos, amp up your skills and keep your money in your pocket.

In the meantime, open up some dialogue with your stylist and ask if she will be using a blow dryer as well address any other concerns, such as coming with your hair pre-washed.

I think that the lasting time of twists differs from head to head. Twists last me about a week to two weeks max.