TWA to MBL in 3 years, *pics*

PPGbubbles

I love it!!! I have been diligent with my Protective Styling and posts like this give me hope!

Thanks so much!

And I agree with other ladies you have a wealth of information to share... you definately should post more often :)

sunshinelady

I love the fact that you got there and you haven't had long hair all of your life. It sounds like it took work. Now, one more question, how many children have you had during your hair growth? I want to make sure I'm not getting my hopes too high.

amwcah

I also ALWAYS sleep with a satin bonnet AND on a satin pillowcase in case it falls off. Some people have clowned me on here for that... *shrugs* I'm still waiting on THIER MBL pics :grin:.

I hear that!!!!:grin:

I have no fotki. I'm not big on sharing pics on here. But when I saw how much my hair had grown, I thought about when I was a newbie... it meant a lot to me to see inspiring hair stories with pictures. So even though I'm a bit out of my comfort zone, lol, I hope I may inspire someone.

I can understand that. You are truly an inspiration!!!:yep: Thank you so much for posting and I'm sure you will be at classic length in no time with your diligence.

LadyPaniolo

what do you mean your family hasnt seen your hair in years? were you ps'ing with weave?

Most of the time my hair was either in braids, which I usually wore bunned, or under a wig. I never just wore my natural hair down. I can count a few days out of the past 3 years that my DH saw my real hair... but even then it was in an updo.

I did, however, have some pretty rough and gnarly experiences with weave. One time I made a thread about it... after I got pure white vinegar in my EYES while trying to de-funk a weave. Because my hair is pretty thick, my cornrows just can't really be made small enough... so the base is super difficult to dry. The result? Funktified weave. Plus I never really had much skill in DIY weave installation, so I looked a pure HAM. :nono: It was terrrrrrble :barf:

I love it!!! I have been diligent with my Protective Styling and posts like this give me hope!

Thanks so much!

And I agree with other ladies you have a wealth of information to share... you definately should post more often :)

:blush3: OMG... I do post in the hair threads, sometimes. I guess because I haven't shown what my hair looks like until now, people didn't pay me much mind, lol. Perhaps now people will be more willing to listen to my little opinion? We'll see...

I love the fact that you got there and you haven't had long hair all of your life. It sounds like it took work. Now, one more question, how many children have you had during your hair growth? I want to make sure I'm not getting my hopes too high.

My hair did not grow any faster during pregnancy than it did otherwise. I know lots of women do get an increase in hair growth with pregnancy, and then post-partum shedding after. I never did. I have had one child during my HHJ, and I'm expecting now. My growth rate hasn't budged at all. I wish it would! But sadly, it remains constant. Perhaps that's because I've been taking prenatal vitamins constantly, whether I was pregnant or nursing or not, for years now.

I DID notice an uptick in my growth rate once I started taking Biotin and B-complex. Some say the biotin doesn't work, but for me it most definately did. It's a nutrient that can be hard to get in your diet in sufficient amounts.

LadyPaniolo

Goodness... I just realized several things I forgot to include in my reggie on here :blush:

Henna- I henna to cover my greys about every 3 months... but now I'm thinking to switch to indigo for darker color.

Aphogee 2 step- I was having crazy breakage until I stepped it up with the aphogee... now I do this every 6-8 weeks. It's really helping.

amwcah

LadyPaniolo, I have a few questions.

How exactly is your hair braided underneath the wigs? As you mentioned, your hair is thick, so I can't imagine. Are you braiding it or someone else?

When you were doing the C&G method, what style of braids were you wearing? Do you wear extensions or were you just braiding your hair?

TIA

hairedity

^^^I was about the ask the same questions amwcah lol!

Beautiful, healthy hair LadyPaniolo, and thnx for sharing!!!