Trusting the Lord in Your Situation

Nice & Wavy

By: Tony Evans

http://www.tonyevans.org/site/c.feIKLOOpGlF/b.6476771/k.74D1/Books_and_Periodicals_Home.htm

Dear Friend,

Recently, a neighbor told how he had noticed something seemed odd with his car but he didn’t pay any attention to the fact that it was hard to crank. Instead, he thought, “Maybe it is the type of gas that I am using.” Then on a trip to the grocery store, it stopped and it would not crank at all. After having it towed to his mechanic, he lamented that he should have known something was wrong. A week later while parked in a place that was open and had a lot of foot traffic, his spare tire was stolen from beneath his SUV, and he began to wonder what was going on with his life.

Was God trying to get his attention? Had he done something wrong? Maybe, he forgot to tithe, or could it be that God was on the verge of blessing Him? Many times, when things go wrong or difficulties come, instead of seeing our distress as a blessing, we view it as trouble and become angry. In doing this we run the risk of missing what God has for us to learn.

Instead of taking time to pray and seek Him about the matter, we run to others in an effort to validate our feelings or solve the situation. While God wants us to be actively involved in the work He is doing in our lives, He also wants us to learn how to trust Him completely. Just because something bad happens does not mean we have done something wrong. Maybe, God simple wants to teach us how to listen for the Holy Spirit’s guidance.

Just as there is a season set aside for blessing, there will be times when we face difficulty and tragedy. We may love the days the sun is shining on our lives, but it is in the hard times, that we grow stronger in our faith and more focused on the Lord and His will for us.

Does it feel as though you have pulled up beside the waters of Marah—waters that are bitter and fearful? If so, refuse to grumble or speak a word of anger and regret. Learn from Israel’s mistakes and recall the goodness of your God and He will provide enough sweet water to satisfy your thirsty soul.

Scripture:
“Moses cried out to the Lord, and the Lord showed him a tree; and he threw it into the waters, and the waters became sweet” (Exodus 15:25).

For His Kingdom,

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
... and the waters became 'Sweet'.

Praise God for this awesome Word... Praise God.

Thank you Precious Wavy...thank you very much for sharing this message.

For indeed... 'the waters become 'Sweet'.

Amen :Rose:

Nice & Wavy

... and the waters became 'Sweet'.

Praise God for this awesome Word... Praise God.

Thank you Precious Wavy...thank you very much for sharing this message.

For indeed... 'the waters become 'Sweet'.

Amen :Rose:

I read this and its powerful...'the waters become Sweet'.

God revealed Himself at Marah as Yahweh Ropecha, "I the LORD, am your healer." The word for "healer" means "to restore, to heal, to cure, or a physician." He not only heals physically, but morally and spiritually. "The LORD your God heals." The word means "to mend," like the mending of a torn garment. It has the idea of repairing as being reconstructed and to cure as a diseased person is restored to health. "The LORD is the physician."

We all come to life with a need of healing. Our waters become bitter as gall. "Where will you be stricken again, as you continue in your rebellion? The whole head is sick and the whole heart is faint. From the sole of the foot even to the head there is nothing sound in it, only bruises, welts and raw wounds, not pressed out or bandaged, nor softened with oil" (Isaiah 1:5, 6).

The LORD says, "The heart is more deceitful than all else and is desperately sick; who can understand it?" (Jer. 17:9). The Apostle Paul says, “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).

How poignant are the questions in Jeremiah 8:21-22. "For the brokenness of the daughter of my people I am broken; I mourn, dismay has taken hold of me. Is there no balm in Gilead? Is there no physician there? Why then has not the health of the daughter of my people been restored?"

Resin was derived from a special tree which grew in Gilead that was known for its healing properties. It was a very costly and therefore precious resin, in which fifty or sixty drops were extracted from a tree a day. It possessed marvelous curative properties that cured poison venom (v. 17). It cleansed, soothed and healed and it was readily available.

Is there one who can bring healing to our broken lives? Have we learned how to make the bitter waters in our lives sweet? What changes the bitter experiences of your life in to the sweet fragrance of life?

I KNOW ONLY ONE...AND HIS NAME IS JESUS!!!!

Hallelujah!!!!!!!!