TRUE LENGTH CHECK ALL 2009 TILL NOW!!! I AM FULL HIP LENGTH!!

Irresistible

Well ladies I FINALLY got a true length check on fully straightened and stretched hair. I'm pretty amazed at the amount of growth I got in the last year! I do think I am 'full' hip length already, although I pretty much thought I was still 'shooting' for that. I say 'full' because it is appearing/feeling to be about all one length as I can hold the whole end of the length within my fingers fully, And If I swing it around just a tad to the side, that would be reaching my hip! I am really surprised :spinning::spinning:

here is the pic for my length check taken the very end of 2008 to begin to document my growth for 2009

Hosted on Fotki

so here is the growth I got for the year :yep:

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

what length is next to shoot for? Tailbone? Maybe I can get there for 2010 :woot:

Last edited:

schipperchow1

Well ladies I FINALLY got a true length check on fully straightened and stretched hair. I'm pretty amazed at the amount of growth I got in the last year! I do think I am 'full' hip length already, although I pretty much thought I was still 'shooting' for that. I say 'full' because it is appearing/feeling to be about all one length as I can hold the whole end of the length within my fingers fully, And If I swing it around just a tad to the side, that would be reaching my hip! I am really surprised :spinning::spinning:

what length is next to shoot for? Tailbone? Maybe I can get there for 2010 :woot:

Congrats on your growth & for reaching HL :dance7:

Be sure to post your achievement on the HL Challenge thread & encourage the ladies there so we can all celebrate together!
:club:

Then start the Tailbone 2010 challenge:grin:

Irresistible

Oh yeah. You are hip length. Congrats. So what are your plans now?

girl , just the same ole pony tail like ALL of last year, I did no heat, I am sure that helped with growth and thickness (I can feel the thickness) same ole vits and keep on keeping on. see what the next year brings, see if I can grow more......funny thing.......I thought growth was over for me long long ago....so all this is pretty shocking to me

Irresistible

How many years did it take to get there?

well girl........lol

my story is very different with lots of turns

I went natural officially in 1994, heat straightened at least a few/several times a year during that time, it grew to bra strap, and pretty much stayed there......for years.....stopped going to my hair dresser......got sick in 2001, lost half my hair, chopped to shoulder due to the thinness.....grew back again.....kept heat straightening, saw some progress when doing it on my own....but only minimal......chopped on a whim in 2005, and started to limit my heat straightening , not purposely, more just didnt feel like doing it, started seeing progress, more steady, surprising to me totally, so for the last few years I barely straightened at all and grew more than ever......so yeah girl, I took the long way :lachen:, because this year will BE 16 YEARS :thud:, since I started trying to grow out my hair seriously. ahhhh thats a long time! geesh!

Irresistible

You can see the thickness too. :yep:
Congrats!!

P.S. What's your regimen? :sekret:

just saw your P.S. hehe

my regimen is called 'lazy' :lachen:

seriously every week or two, I rinse my hair , plain water, I will have either already had conditioner in my hair prior, or I add more if needed, so its basically still a Cowash, then add oil (typically Coconut) and more conditioner and put it in a ponytail , then repeat when it's time again , it's all I do, It's all I can handle :grin:

I do take vitamins, just all the basics

I use various conditioners as leave in's , such as Organix Mostly, Victoria Secret (only sparingly for the scent when I want it) and Aveda Brilliant, also just got into the yes to carrots and the others.

when I want to detangle or add more conditioner before rinsing I will use ORS OORP. and that's it in a nutshell

YankeeCandle

LOVELINESS!!

Is that a press, or just stretching out via the wet ponytail?

I know exactly what you mean about feeling you've reached a terminal length that can't be exceeded. For many years, my hair either actually stayed or only appeared to stay at just below shoulder length (while curly). I'm guessing it has to do with my curl pattern, hair weght, hair density, etc.

I think the major key with your regimen is the banded ponytail. It protects your hair from so much and probably keeps it in a perpetually semi-detangled state inbetween washes. I don'y do "ears or edges" so I can't benefit from this great technique, but it seems so very effective.

Irresistible

LOVELINESS!!

Is that a press, or just stretching out via the wet ponytail?

I know exactly what you mean about feeling you've reached a terminal length that can't be exceeded. For many years, my hair either actually stayed or only appeared to stay at just below shoulder length (while curly). I'm guessing it has to do with my curl pattern, hair weght, hair density, etc.

I think the major key with your regimen is the banded ponytail. It protects your hair from so much and probably keeps it in a perpetually semi-detangled state inbetween washes. I don'y do "ears or edges" so I can't benefit from this great technique, but it seems so very effective.
Yeah girl this is pressed, I did a recent press vid, but didnt really get a good look at the length or a good length check in it

I do agree that the pony tail works and low manipulation, plus no heat whatsoever, I think it would be the same for a bun too.

lol@ not doing ears or edges, for me its da forehead.....but I cant do nothin else with my hair......so it's just gotta do:lachen:

BlondeByDesire

just saw your P.S. hehe

my regimen is called 'lazy' :lachen:

seriously every week or two, I rinse my hair , plain water, I will have either already had conditioner in my hair prior, or I add more if needed, so its basically still a Cowash, then add oil (typically Coconut) and more conditioner and put it in a ponytail , then repeat when it's time again , it's all I do, It's all I can handle :grin:

I do take vitamins, just all the basics

I use various conditioners as leave in's , such as Organix Mostly, Victoria Secret (only sparingly for the scent when I want it) and Aveda Brilliant, also just got into the yes to carrots and the others.

when I want to detangle or add more conditioner before rinsing I will use ORS OORP. and that's it in a nutshell

Talk about simple - that's as simple as it gets. Wow, just doing that little bit has gotten you to this point. Simply gorgeous. If I ever make that far, that would be enough for me, anything else is just icing on the cake.

Keep doing what you do, it's working.

LadyPaniolo

:yay: Yay! You are one of my hair inspirations! I'm glad to see you made full HL... congratulations!

So what is your goal length? Tailbone?

Lucia

Congratz, on reaching the new length, ur hair is Beautiful as always. I can't wait to meet u in the HPL club :woot:

Irresistible

Congratulations on making HL. Your hair is beautiful. How long do you plan on letting it get?
thank you girl, I'm still shocked it's even still growing, I guess I will just keep going as long as it keeps going:lachen:

as long as I can be lazy with it most of the time, I think I can handle it, I think it would be cool to have a high braid that still hangs past mid back natural.....I don't know what length I would need to get to for that to happen tho:ohwell: