Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

lovely_locks

I'm jealous of those who can go any long amounts of time without breaking my hair laughs at me. Seems we're similar my hair always broke the longer I went without relaxing. I hope you make it too. Chopping is so tempting I don't want to do it and then regret it tho :/. Usually my hair is in a loose bun from failed twist and bantu knot outs.. I try not to do ponytails since the scrunchies pulls at my hair. What do you do?

TWINNING! I also try braid outs and Bantu outs and end up binning because they suck! I just pony and messy bun. I am so happy messy bun is a thing! I have BC'd before and I hated it! The length not my hair. Once I get 6 months in I love the length. If anything I am trying to hold out till the summer at least! My relaxed hair just breaks so easy. I straighten my hair and I am using rollers.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I'm 7 months post and super excited about how far I've come. I've gone from not being able to stretch to stretching to 7 months (with the help of wigs). I'm just taking things one day at a time with no specific end stretch date in site. I will keep stretching if all goes well or I'll gladly relax if they don't. I'm in a neutral place where I'm not ready to claim transitioning but I'm also not ready to walk away from relaxers. I'll be hanging out here until I make up my mind and get off the fence.

sunnieb

divachyk that's the great thing about being on a hair journey. You can decide which path to take whenever you're ready.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using LHCF

Brwnbeauti

I dot know how much longer I will last. I haven't worn my hair out since august. It kinda feels pointless to keep transitioning. May just big chop but hide my hair until a year or so

HappywithJC723

I dot know how much longer I will last. I haven't worn my hair out since august. It kinda feels pointless to keep transitioning. May just big chop but hide my hair until a year or so

This is how I feel. In April it will be a year since my last relaxer, but I don't think I'll be ready to wear my hair out then. I don't even remember the last time I wore my hair out. I've been thinking about bc'ing and keep my wigs like I've been doing.

lovely_locks

To those of you who are obsessed with length like I am. How do you fight the urge to relax after a "long stretch" or "short transition" I see all of this new growth and love it! But then I think to myself, "hmmm, if I relax in a few months my hair will be finally past SL" I went natural three times and always relaxed because I wanted length.

H0tPinkButtafly

To those of you who are obsessed with length like I am. How do you fight the urge to relax after a "long stretch" or "short transition" I see all of this new growth and love it! But then I think to myself, "hmmm, if I relax in a few months my hair will be finally past SL" I went natural three times and always relaxed because I wanted length.

your going to have to straighten your hair or stretch ur curls some kind of way

Eta
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bbSyVfkNq1s

Brwnbeauti

This is how I feel. In April it will be a year since my last relaxer, but I don't think I'll be ready to wear my hair out then. I don't even remember the last time I wore my hair out. I've been thinking about bc'ing and keep my wigs like I've been doing.

Yep, plus Wash days are terrible with these scraggly relaxed ends! I kinda wanna see what my hair looks like.

movingforward

Moving forward and onward
I'm transitioning. I go back and forth if I should texlaxed or go fully natural. I've done both.

Texlaxing will definitely make the transiting a lot easier.

PlainJane

I put my hair through so much this weekend smh. I don't know why, but it wouldn't stay even remotely straight. I used heat twice in one day, then used heat again the next morning. I guess I'm going to have to go back to roller sets and braid outs.

Brwnbeauti

Don't mention wash days. Today was SUPPOSED to be my wash day, but what had happened was....:look: I'm curious to see what my hair looks like now too.

Well I have 3 inches of hair now.

image-597138431.jpg
Quick pic I took last night.

I'm very excited about how dense and thick it is, especially since I've always thought I had thin/fine hair. I'm braiding because it's too cold right now to experiment. When it gets warmer I'll be back we better pictures.

HappywithJC723

Well I have 3 inches of hair now.

Quick pic I took last night.

I'm very excited about how dense and thick it is, especially since I've always thought I had thin/fine hair. I'm braiding because it's too cold right now to experiment. When it gets warmer I'll be back we better pictures.

Congratulations! Your hair looks good! I didn't even mess with mine this weekend. I can see myself bc'ing before 1 year mark in April.

lovely_locks

Was at CVS picking up some vitamins and ended up buying a big chop kit! I have dye black. My relaxer stripped my black and it's this dull brown. If anything I may just BC a piece and play with different products and wait for that BC piece to get to a length that will cover my big head

Attachments

• image-1983765575.jpg
    image-1983765575.jpg
    464.9 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

lovely_locks

I did a baby BC. I should have picked a better spot than my edges lol

Attachments

• image-764770269.jpg
    image-764770269.jpg
    415.4 KB · Views: 29
  • image-1106107030.jpg
    image-1106107030.jpg
    453.3 KB · Views: 38
  • image-97351794.jpg
    image-97351794.jpg
    483 KB · Views: 43

divachyk

I've finally come to a point where my ng is feeling super thirsty and lacking hydration. Anyone have recs for a spritz? I'm protecting styling in plaits under my wigs. I'd love for it to be a DIY mix or easily available on the ground but I'm not opposed to ordering.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
I've finally come to a point where my ng is feeling super thirsty and lacking hydration. Anyone have recs for a spritz? I'm protecting styling in plaits under my wigs. I'd love for it to be a DIY mix or easily available on the ground but I'm not opposed to ordering.

DivaChyck I currently use Hairatage Hydration's Refresher Coarse and it's been a godsend for my new growth. I'm running low on it thought and I'm still waiting on my other bottle from her. There's also DB Herbal leave-in Conditioning Spritz which I've used before and liked it. Not sure what ingredients your hair is opposed to but if you don't want to order online you can mix some AVJ with water, marshmallow root, slippery elm, and some jojoba oil to use as a spritz as well. HTH :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF please excuse typos

Evolving78

shea moisture kids detangling spray or hibiscus shine and hold spray!

divachyk

DivaChyck I currently use Hairatage Hydration's Refresher Coarse and it's been a godsend for my new growth. I'm running low on it thought and I'm still waiting on my other bottle from her. There's also DB Herbal leave-in Conditioning Spritz which I've used before and liked it. Not sure what ingredients your hair is opposed to but if you don't want to order online you can mix some AVJ with water, marshmallow root, slippery elm, and some jojoba oil to use as a spritz as well. HTH :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF please excuse typos

shea moisture kids detangling spray or hibiscus shine and hold spray!

flyygirlll2 avj use to be hit or miss but I'll give it a try again. Maybe my ng will like it now that I have more of it. Teas tend to cause buildup and create a film on my hair....you know how if tea is left in a glass/pitcher for a while, it leaves a film...it kind of does that to my hair.

shortdub78 are these sold at Walgreen's, CVS or Walmart? Target isn't on my route home and I'd like to try to pick them up today.

Evolving78

flyygirlll2 avj use to be hit or miss but I'll give it a try again. Maybe my ng will like it now that I have more of it. Teas tend to cause buildup and create a film on my hair....you know how if tea is left in a glass/pitcher for a while, it leaves a film...it kind of does that to my hair. shortdub78 are these sold at Walgreen's, CVS or Walmart? Target isn't on my route home and I'd like to try to pick them up today.
Walgreens for sure! I bought both from there! Now these products won't leave buildup, and I use often! Can be used as a refresher spray! I need more! Can't find one, and ran out of the other! This will give your roots a nice drink of water, with added goodies to nourish! It is nothing like Scurl, etc..

PlainJane

water and conditioner in a spray bottle

PlainJane

I did a baby BC. I should have picked a better spot than my edges lol

I just did a mini chop too. I cut the relaxed ends and about an inch of rough natural ends off of my sides where the relaxed hair broke off. My hair feels soooo much better. I can't wait to see how it looks on wash day.
I need to do the same thing to nape.
I still don't have the urge to BC this was more about taking care of my ends. I started noticing SSKs and splits.

lovely_locks

I just did a mini chop too. I cut the relaxed ends and about an inch of rough natural ends off of my sides where the relaxed hair broke off. My hair feels soooo much better. I can't wait to see how it looks on wash day. I need to do the same thing to nape. I still don't have the urge to BC this was more about taking care of my ends. I started noticing SSKs and splits.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Are you going to continue to "trim" until you are fully natural? When was your last relaxer?

divachyk

PlainJane SuchaLady, what are your ratios and do you add other items in the mix? I've used a spritz similar to this before except I did AO WC. Not sure why I didn't think of that...:look:

Walgreens for sure! I bought both from there! Now these products won't leave buildup, and I use often! Can be used as a refresher spray! I need more! Can't find one, and ran out of the other! This will give your roots a nice drink of water, with added goodies to nourish! It is nothing like Scurl, etc..

shortdub78, I picked up both of them. The kiddie one has wheat protein. My hair is if and maybe with that ingredient so I used the other one & thus far, my new growth is feeling really good. I'll see what it feels like tomorrow before getting too excited.

Thank you all for the recs!

SuchaLady

divachyk I have this bottle

I fill it all the way up and put one squirt of conditioner in there and swirl. I dont measure :look: I go for a nice foamy consistency. Anything less it sinks to the bottom and any more you may as well had dc'ed :lol: I seal with my favorite oil when done. That got me through many skipped washed days during a deep stretch :look: