Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

Nazaneen

Nazaneen are you able to do an Apple Cider Vinegar scalp cleanse. You can use a moisturizing poo or a sulfate free poo and spray ACV/water mix on your scalp and hair as a final rinse. Its all natural and people with sensitive or problemed scalps do well with this method. You can also use Rhassoul Clay Cleanse....its very healthy for your scalp, cleanse well but doesn't strip your hair, in fact is nourishes the hair. Look both of these up to learn more about them. I know using a sulfate shampoo and lathering several times is bad for both your scalp and hair and will exacerbate your problem.

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

I can't deal with acv odor lol. Does it linger? I will look into the clay cleanse though! Thanks for the recs.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I can't deal with acv odor lol. Does it linger? I will look into the clay cleanse though! Thanks for the recs.

Nazaneen no the ACV smell does not linger at all, even when I leave it on prior to applying my leave in. My DD hate the smell and cover her nose while I spray it on but find that the smell dissipates as the hair dries, you will only smell your products. Its a strange phenomenon

sweetpea7

I feel like in transitioning all over again from heat damage of my natural hair.

I went to get my hair evened out and ended up with my hair getting straightened when I said I don't want it flat ironed and I hate it but im gonna wear his for a week and go into crochet broads for a while

I'm transitioning the way I want this time! No heat!

Attachments

• image-2754406238.jpg
    image-2754406238.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 95

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I feel like in transitioning all over again from heat damage of my natural hair. I went to get my hair evened out and ended up with my hair getting straightened when I said I don't want it flat ironed and I hate it but im gonna wear his for a week and go into crochet broads for a while I'm transitioning the way I want this time! No heat!
Your hair came out pretty. I don't understand why did they flat ironed it if you didn't want it flat ironed. You are paying them to do a service. Please speak up next time it they are doing something you don't like.

sweetpea7

Long story short my mother is too attached to my straight hair and told me if they don't straighten it and even it out my hair will look crazy. We had ready been arguing about my hair earlier and i live at home so it wasn't worth another fight.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
sweetpea7 sorry you're butting heads heads with your mom. How old are you? Do you think she would be ok with a roller set? That would be less heat. How much longer do plan to transition? Have you been natural before? How do you plan on wearing your hair once you are fully natural? Maybe you can show your mom different natural hair styles and some articles on the effects of heat damage. I really hope she supports your decision to go natural and to do so with healthy hair practices.

sweetpea7

sweetpea7 sorry you're butting heads heads with your mom. How old are you? Do you think she would be ok with a roller set? That would be less heat. How much longer do plan to transition? Have you been natural before? How do you plan on wearing your hair once you are fully natural? Maybe you can show your mom different natural hair styles and some articles on the effects of heat damage. I really hope she supports your decision to go natural and to do so with healthy hair practices.

I'm 20 but she still acts like im a kid. I've been relaxed since I was 5. Yea I'll probably try a roller set this weekend. If it works out then that will be my staple style. I pray it does because they're so cute. If not it's crochet braids and other protective styles until I can chop off another 2 inches to get rid of heat damage from my transition. Thanks so much I hope she does to!

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I'm 20 but she still acts like im a kid. I've been relaxed since I was 5. Yea I'll probably try a roller set this weekend. If it works out then that will be my staple style. I pray it does because they're so cute. If not it's crochet braids and other protective styles until I can chop off another 2 inches to get rid of heat damage from my transition. Thanks so much I hope she does to!
try getting a set of curl formers and a set of flexirods I found both to be helpful during my transition. Curl formers can be a little expensive so you may want to put them on your Christmas list. I would get the long ones to accommodate future length.

On a side note it is often difficult for parents to let their kids grow up. It gets easier.

PlainJane

Stretched natural hair vs. bonelaxed. I loved my bonelaxed hair but I'm ready to get rid of these ends because I'm loving how thick my roots are.
This is 11 months worth of growth so I have a longg way to go.

Attachments

• image-2045422742.jpg
    image-2045422742.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 76

bebezazueta

Stretched natural hair vs. bonelaxed. I loved my bonelaxed hair but I'm ready to get rid of these ends because I'm loving how thick my roots are. This is 11 months worth of growth so I have a longg way to go.

Those roots look thick and lush! I'm on this long journey as well. Can't wait to see your progress

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I haven't washed my hair since the 9th and now I'm dragging to do this morning. I can't start that downward trend again...nothing good comes of it so off I go.

GettingKinky

If my texlax came out the same every time, I would keep texlaxing. Then I could stick to semipermanent color and my hair wouldn't shrink up so much. But I hate the straight parts from when it gets over processed. And I don't like the relaxer run off.

I let my roots shrink up yesterday and it puffed up soooo much. This is going to take some time to get used to.

Amarilles

I have the BC bug...how do I get rid of it?
You can try BCing a tiny, little piece somewhere in the back and play with that. This worked really well for me because I could play with my natural hair and also see that it was much too short to BC my entire head :lol:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
You can try BCing a tiny, little piece somewhere in the back and play with that. This worked really well for me because I could play with my natural hair and also see that it was much too short to BC my entire head :lol:

Thanks Amarilles for the suggestion! I considered snipping just a tiny little piece just to see what it does. I asked my DH this morning what he thought, first he wanted to know why and then he says to wait until the Summer, lol. I think he's concerned I'd look like a boy, Lol.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess

^^^ this is a great way to get rid of the bug.

I also wore half wigs that I liked and hid my hair so I wouldn't think about it too much.

Look at pics of your GOAL length for when U chop. That will keep you focused on the long game. If u realize your natural hair isn't that length yet, u will hold on for the time being.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
^^^ this is a great way to get rid of the bug.

I also wore half wigs that I liked and hid my hair so I wouldn't think about it too much.

Look at pics of your GOAL length for when U chop. That will keep you focused on the long game. If u realize your natural hair isn't that length yet, u will hold on for the time being.

Great idea havilland!! I'm off to look inspiration photos!

havilland

Great idea havilland!! I'm off to look inspiration photos! Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

I had two pictures....well actually more...but I focused on these two.
One was a picture of my hair length when I got my last relaxer. I wanted my natural hair to be at least that long at the end of my transition.

Two was a picture of what I thought my natural hair would look like when it was fully natural.

I will attach pics of my hair when I was finally fully natural. And also show you my fully natural current wash n go.

Having a visual helps u stay focused! ;)

Attachments

• image-2279144768.jpg
    image-2279144768.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 64
  • image-3926557947.jpg
    image-3926557947.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 76

havilland

First pic is My hair at the end of my transition. And second pic is my wash n go now.

Again...having a visual is effective! ;)

Good luck.

Attachments

• image-2983367762.jpg
    image-2983367762.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 62
  • image-3683472217.jpg
    image-3683472217.jpg
    493.7 KB · Views: 81

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
First pic is My hair at the end of my transition. And second pic is my wash n go now.

Again...having a visual is effective! ;)

Good luck.

havilland both your before and after pics are beautiful!! I have a looong way to go before my hair is what I would like it to be post transition.

PlainJane

How are you ladies wearing your hair for the holidays? I've been having a little luck with braid outs recently so I will probably do that and try a flexi rod set for NYE.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I finally styled my hair for the week and all is well with transitioning indefinitely again. I noticed a pattern...I tend to want to BC after a wash but before I actually hide my hair again. If only I could put my hair away for a few months at a time I may be able to successfully transition long term.

Yesterday's wash was meh...I had to stop m&s to meet the gas company at a clients house...not good to come back to partially shrunken dry and tangled hair. My hair is constantly work and learning in progress.

OASN: I'm 20 weeks post relaxer today and either its all in my head or I'm really noticing a softer texture growing out my scalp finally! Y'all better believe I'll be monitoring new growth like a hawk in the months to come...hopefully I can feel and see some coils soon.

Last edited:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
How are you ladies wearing your hair for the holidays? I've been having a little luck with braid outs recently so I will probably do that and try a flexi rod set for NYE.

I'm just going to be with immediate family so my usual protective style will do...luckily its can be dressed up!