Topical MSM anyone?

Miel

The PJ in me bought this MSM cream when I was buying my vits from Puritan's Pride. Anyone have any success or bad experiences from this?
My hair has been a cornrow pony tail for a little over a week now and one of the parts where the braids are too tight (I know, I know) was really pulling and a little achy so I put some of this MSM in the part. Well, 4 days later the part was a little fuzzy and it wasn't feeling as tight. I hope this is a good sign of growth and progress on my head. Or am I looking so intently for progress that its not on my head but in my head?

klb120475

Miel said:
BUMP:

Bringing
Up
My
Post !

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

You are too creative when it comes to bumping!

I ain't gon tell you, I quoted your "Kelly" bump in one of my threads in the Off topic forum.....:lol: :lol:

MommaMayhann

I wanna know too... I have some powdered MSM and I STRUGGLE to take it orally. It tastes like sulfur... (duh me... What else would it taste like?:ohwell:)

Miel

klb120475 said:
:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

You are too creative when it comes to bumping!

I ain't gon tell you, I quoted your "Kelly" bump in one of my threads in the Off topic forum.....:lol: :lol:

:D Ask not what bumping can do for you, ask what you can do for your bumping!

hothair

I ignored this post on purpose please don't tempt me on a buying splurge! In theory I think topical MSM would work as all the sulphur mixes, I'm just fighting the urge to buy some and test it :spank: ok getting outta here!

BioGeekChic

I've added powder MSM to my cheapie conditioners along with castor oil and it left my hair soft and moisturized, however, it wasnt such a drastic difference that I would encourage you to run out and buy some. I've also added sulphur to my cheapie conditioners. Afterwards my hair wasn't soft (even after deep conditioning) but it did feel stronger and I had less breakage during the weeks when I use it.

MommaMayhann

BioGeekChic said:
I've added powder MSM to my cheapie conditioners along with castor oil and it left my hair soft and moisturized, however, it wasnt such a drastic difference that I would encourage you to run out and buy some. I've also added sulphur to my cheapie conditioners. Afterwards my hair wasn't soft (even after deep conditioning) but it did feel stronger and I had less breakage during the weeks when I use it.

Do you think that it help growth if it was used topically? I want to add some to my oil mix.

BioGeekChic

I take MSM orally and I use it topically in my conditioner but I think that it has only helped me to loosen my new growth texture and make it more managable. I don't think it has really contributed a great deal to my growth. Sulfur, however, in my conditioners has reduced my breakage and in turn my hair is able to grow longer but whether it has directly stimulated my hair follicles to initiate growth that I can't say.

klb120475

BioGeekChic said:
I take MSM orally and I use it topically in my conditioner but I think that it has only helped me to loosen my new growth texture and make it more managable. I don't think it has really contributed a great deal to my growth. Sulfur, however, in my conditioners has reduced my breakage and in turn my hair is able to grow longer but whether it has directly stimulated my hair follicles to initiate growth that I can't say.

Agreed! :)

SouthernTease

I don't see nothing wrong with
a little BUMP and grind...
interesting post...
maybe you got a head start
on everybody else,
keep us posted!!!