TONS OF PICS: 3 years natural & bada ba-ba baaaa...I'm lovin' it!

Thanks! I have a pic of the last style from the back, let me see if I can find it and post it later today. I just use a skinny headband, put it on at the nape of my neck and just roll it up until it hits the top of my head and all of my hair is failing forward. Then I use bobby pins to control exactly where the hair goes.

The 5th pic is for the most part a wash and go. I had about 1 hour before my even so I washed, dried with a t-shirt, then braided it up for about 45 min. Took it down, still pretty damp, and headed out the house. It turned out better than usual, lol!

Thanks ladies, y'all are so INCREDIBLY sweet! I am very pleased with my progress and now I'm planning on experimenting with some protective styles because I need to do something different. Never had braids or flat twists. Never done bantu knots. I think it's time, lol!

@tmhuggiebear Ok, I finally found 2 pics that show the back of my hair in that last style you asked about, I think that the pic of me holding a friend's newborn baby shows it the best.

Hope this helps! It's super easy, takes just a couple of minutes. Oh, and I use Ecostyler or an edge control wax to lay my hair down in the back.

DSCF01152-vi.jpg

DSCF00842-vi.jpg

All of my hair is held up by one headband, similar to these, wrapped around twice:
0277482_l.jpg

Finally, I do the style on dry or slightly damp hair. Wet hair is too limp to keep the style up, besides, who wants water dripping in their face all day?! Hope this helps!

I love your hair!!!! Great Progress!

ChrissyB

Do you think the coloring book would be good for my 7 year old niece?

Xavier
Absolutely! That's actually the perfect age, I host free coloring parties in Atlanta so kids get to experience coloring characters that look like them and the 6 to 11 year olds do really well with the activities inside.

Naturallynellzy actually shows a few activity pages from the book towards the end of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSkFuJFhLog

Happy Friday!

Xavier
Absolutely! That's actually the perfect age, I host free coloring parties in Atlanta so kids get to experience coloring characters that look like them and the 6 to 11 year olds do really well with the activities inside.

Naturallynellzy actually shows a few activity pages from the book towards the end of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSkFuJFhLog

Happy Friday!
ChrissyB

I am sold after watching that YT video. I love the Monday, Tuesday, etc. pages. So creative and cute. I am gonna get a couple as Christmas gifts.:grin:

Back